DOA5+ sales

DR2K

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=530520

First week in Japan - 13K copies

I think potential buyers saw $100+ worth of DLC, realized it wasn't included and immediately lost interest. That's what happened with me anyway. Another potential problem: the game being full price turning off DOA5 owners

The only people that care about things like that are people that feel like they're entitled to everything. The base game has plenty of content. More so than the past 2 DOA games. (DOA4 and DOAD)

Also if you looked at this weeks sales there were a ton of new games released for that region and DOA5+ got overlooked.

For reference the last major fighter on Vita sold about 5K copies total. (SFxT)

Xernuht

Doesn't matter. I bought it.

Besides, I think TN's interested in the money, but are expecting more from NG3:RE PS360-remix than this. I mean, the Xbox fanbase likely isn't interested in buying it, and most PS3 players likely won't pick up the Vita for it when what really matters to them is the frame data, which is likely to be compiled by someone else and put up on the internet anyways.

Touch Fight... no one got this for Touch Fight.
Combo Challenge is nice, but it's another case of finding them online and just firing up Training.
Exclusive costumes... let's face it, they kinda suck. I'm sure there are people who love them, but they're for the ninjas only, so if you don't use ninjas... Also, the DLC ones will be on both consoles aside from Cross-Save. Remember how butthurt Xbox people got over the 1.03 patch, and the subsequent denial of all DLC because of it? It'll be similar, but on a lesser scale due to it just being DLC.

I won't deny that this is quite possibly the best portable port of a fighter since UMVC3, but it's probably more niche than DOA already is.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD