DOA5: Sidestepping!? Moves going through holds!? This can't be right...

Status
Not open for further replies.
but it apparently is. It looks like Team NINJA has claimed on their twitter that they are implementing a sidestepping system that's similar to the North American beloved Dead or Alive 3.1 version. They also have mentioned on their twitter that Normal Holds will not hold Power Attacks, but "Expert" Holds (I still prefer the term Advanced Holds, personally) will. Most of the other posts can't be determined easily without an advanced translator - and Google Translator is far from advanced unfortunately. However, if you'd like to continue the discussion over the below twitter posts, head on over to the forums and participate in the speculation until Tecmo Koei posts the English translations.

Team NINJA Twitter said:
ninja-gaiden-3-first-concept-art_reasonably_small.jpg

先日のサンフランシスコのメディアイベントでは「DEAD OR ALIVE 5」ホールドの変更点も披露しました。オーソドックスな上段・中段・下段の3択に加えて、中段のみ「エキスパートホールド」を全キャラクターに導入しています。

「エキスパートホールド」は、パンチとキック、それぞれ別コマンドでの対応が必要でコマンドも難しいのですが、通常のホールドよりもダメージもフレームも全ての性能で上回るため、通常の「ホールド」と使い分けが重要になります。

例えば相手が「パワーブロー」を打ってきた場合は、発生が遅いので「エキスパートホールド」を狙うチャンスになります。「パワーブロー」も普通にホールドがとれる「打撃属性」なわけです

また、格闘システムとしては「サイドステップ」も導入しています。タイミングよくサイドステップをすることで、直線的な打撃を上中下段に関係なく避けることができます。闘い方はDOA3(北米ではDOA3.1と呼ばれているもの)の操作感に近いかもしれません。

「ガード」や「ホールド」のほかに「横に避ける」という選択肢があるので、直線的な打撃にはガードされても有利な技もあります。

まさにエキスパートな技と言えるハヤブサの代名詞「ホールド飯綱落とし」も「エキスパートホールド」にしています。通常の「ホールド」には全て新技が入っています。

Google Translator said:
In a recent media event in San Francisco is "DEAD OR ALIVE 5" has also demonstrated the changes hold. In addition to the three selected orthodox upper middle lower, middle only "experts hold" has been introduced to all the characters.

"Hold Expert" are punches and kicks, but also difficult commands in the command requires a different response, in order to exceed the performance of all frames hold regular damage than the normal "hold" and the 使I分Ke will be important.

For example, a person "power blow" If you've been hitting, so slow to occur, "Hold Expert" is aiming for a chance. "Power-blow" can take hold in the usual attributes "hit" So they are.

As the fighting system is a "side step" has been introduced. Timely manner by the side step, you can avoid the blow, regardless of the lower linear Kaminaka. I fight DOA3 (in North America what is called DOA3.1) getting closer to the feel of.

"Guard" or "hold" in addition to "avoid the side" so that there is a choice, shot straight to the technique may also be advantageous guard. In addition to the "hit counter" "critical," "throw", I had also contains minor changes, such as, here too detailed so I will explain later.

Experts say falcon synonymous trick just "drop Iizuna hold" or "hold expert" has to. The usual "hold" is a new technique contains all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD