DOA5 Tag Tier List thread

DR2K

Characters moves change in tag and with the hopeful emergence of tag with this update, there will be more to discuss.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
In addition some characters are better at Ground Combo Starting/Launching, Juggle Extension, and Juggle ending. Those have to be taken into account. Stuff such as refloat properties and string damage refloats as well.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I notice that it's more difficult to get the timing to tag in tag juggles. Once you've tagged out of a tag juggle it seems you can only tag in if you press :H+P+K: on the recovery of the relaunching attack.

This is noticeable with Mila's :6::P::K: relaunch.

HaJiN

I think Kasumi is the queen of tag in this game. I know that before the update, revision goes down like crazy the more you switch characters in the middle of a combo. Kasumi can keep a character in the air all her own if the opponent is launched high enough. She can do pkk6k, kk6k, pkk7k 6p+k kk. That is 13 hits on her own after a launcher. Courtesy of FFKOTOR (Doug). The combo can also continue after she finishes that string using the other tag partner.

qoodname

I mainly used Kasumi for tag in combination with different characters and she is good, can tell you that!
I wont say anything about tiers since i dont know how the other characters play in tag but that is what i found so far.

Pros:

- PPK / PPPK / H+K / 6H+K still guarantee her 6K as launcher or simply tag out for +33
- She can relaunch you to infinity with PKK7K, 6P+K, KK / PP7K, 6P+K, KK / 7K, 6P+K, KK / PKK6K / 33P / 4PKK
- Near a wall you can obviously just cancel the second K of strings that end with 6P+K, KK / 4PKK and tag out
- After a wall splat you can do 33P, 2P, 4PK using 4PK as relauncher and tag out
- Her 236T launching throw leads to insane damage and even to good damage if Kasumi is on her own
(236T, 66, KK7K, 6P+K, K, PKK6K, 7K, P+K / 98 dmg on NH with only Kasumi)
(236T, 66, KK7K, 6P+K, K, PKK6K, 4PKK / 97 dmg on NH with only Kasumi and still has good juggle height)
- Her expert mid kick hold comes in as handy as her throw and can be used for the same combos
- Her 66T which is ok in singles now that stuff like 6P6K ground bounces again is one her best tools in tag
(In singles 66T guarantees 6PK / 6P6K - 6P6K for a ground bounce into a juggle for 75 dmg but in tag...)
(66T, 6PK tag out and enjoy your +33 for a free launcher, full juggle and something around 150 dmg)

Cons:

- She is still as unsafe on block as in singles since you can only tag cancel if the opponent is stunned
- 4H+K being her only usefull sitdown stun that is not a high or part of a string
- Pretty much all her relaunchers / juggles take a lot of space

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
From my testing, I swear that the window to tag out diminishes the more you do a string juggle repeatedly in tag.

But it's not consistent with each character. For Example, Mila's 6PK I have to time on the actual hit frame or right after the recovery, but I swear doing a retag 6PK with her on the same timing I generally whiff the tag in. Bass though I don't get this strictness with his 6PK, and I don't feel the strictness with Mila's 4PP.

Anyone else noticing this?

synce

Timing seems strict on tagging during BT stun but I haven't noticed what you're talking about with juggles, at least not the characters and moves I use

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Timing seems strict on tagging during BT stun but I haven't noticed what you're talking about with juggles, at least not the characters and moves I use

Try using it with Mila in a juggle using her relaunching 6PK. Do a launch, relaunch, tag her in, 6PK, tag in opponent and relaunch, tag her in 6PK and try tagging out.

Similar for Tina I notice with her 8P. Doing Tina CH 8P > T! Bass 3K > T! Tina 8P > T! Bass

synce

Nope, no issues here... actually I was just playing 1.04 and 1.02 side by side, the only differences I noticed is being able to relaunch more often and the damage reduction being far less. The last hit in my Mila test combo did only 1 point of damage in 1.02 but 6 points in 1.04... Total damage was 82 in 1.02 vs 150 in 1.04 :cool:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Well right now I believe Rig is a character who everyone might end up having in their team.

He has + frames on block, natural combos from bending, mix-ups, and can do an entire string combo into critical burst guaranteed.

Nightpup

I'm a poor little 360 player with no experience with the patch, but I know that in 1.02 Alpha is amazing to have as a tag mode partner, just because of how PPPPPP/3PPPP can extend juggles like mad. I don't know if she's any worse in tag for 1.03A, though. I'd like some insight on how she works in it.

DR2K

I'm a poor little 360 player with no experience with the patch, but I know that in 1.02 Alpha is amazing to have as a tag mode partner, just because of how PPPPPP/3PPPP can extend juggles like mad. I don't know if she's any worse in tag for 1.03A, though. I'd like some insight on how she works in it.

If you have any specific tag combos you want me to check on I can verify them for you.

Nightpup

If you have any specific tag combos you want me to check on I can verify them for you.
The only tag juggle I ever used was Lisa + Alpha-152, launch -> PPPPPP, PPPPPP, T!, T
With a wall launch with Alpha I used PPPPPP, 6PPP. As long as those still work, I'm fine.

DR2K

Yeah it still works. Oh and her 66p sitdown stun is useful now that you can tag cancel the recoevry frames.

Lisa and Alpha combo.

Off of NH Alpha 66p T! 9K, 4P, 4PK, 7K T! PPPPPP, PPPPPP, T! 6KK 147dmg on lightweights.

Everything guaranteed after the first hit.

Nightpup

Test one more Alpha/Lisa combo on 1.03A when you get the chance please?
NH Alpha 6KP, T!, 9K, BT 7P(CB!), BT 7K, BT 7K, T!, PPPPPP, PPPPPP, T!, T
It sounds like it would work, though I'm not too sure.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD