System DOA5 Ultimate 1.06 Releasing In June

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
The 1.06 patch with system tweaks has been announced on the Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate Arcade website.

The page states that overall the balance changes were focused around fixing input recognition bugs on various moves.

Kasumi:
  • :236::H+P: input recognition was fixed.
Jann Lee:
  • :P::P::P::6::P: - GB(-12) => GB(6)
  • Dragon Stance :h: (parry) command was changed to :6::h: to avoid accidental recognition
Kokoro:
  • Fixed bug where if you entered :236::h::P: instead of :236::H+P: you'd get Heichu P instead.
Gen Fu:

• Fixed a bug that caused Counter and Hi Counter stuns to also be applied to follow-up moves when the opponent was hit against the Jack-in-the-Box in The Show stage.
Akira:
  • :6::P+K: bug was fixed. The move now will break critical state if performed twice in critical state instead of re-stunning.
  • :3::h: or :9::h: Fixed so that the follow-up P is only possible if the hold was successful.
Phase 4:
  • :6::P: Fixed :P::P::6::P: followed by :6::P: no longer triggers a Critical Finish.
  • First hit of :6::P::K: damage buff: 12 => 16
  • :3::P: inputs no longer cause the move to end after the first hit.
  • :2::P: Normal Hit Advantage -1 => 0 frames
  • :7::K: damage buff: 30 => 33
  • Chifu :K: damage buff: 22 => 25
  • Back-turned :K::K::P: can no longer be used.
  • Back-turned :K::K::6::K: can no longer be used.
  • :236::H+P: command recognition improved. Damage 18 + 15 => 16 + 15.

Last edited:

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Glad they left Hayabusa alone. I'm having enough trouble getting back into the game. That's what about 7 months of not playing will do haha.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
We don't want a game that's constantly being rebalanced. It needs to be allowed to breathe. These are the best types of patches for a fighting game.

Saber

Can't they just fix button input for ALL characters to be roughly around the same window? It's really annoying how some characters' buffer windows are ridiculously large and some are incredibly strict when it should be standardized across the board.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I wish they would make 33 inputs harder to come out. They've made it so dumb that you don't even have to actually do two 3s anymore. It'll just come out for no reason sometimes, like H~[3]P.

Zeo

I wish they would make 33 inputs harder to come out. They've made it so dumb that you don't even have to actually do two 3s anymore. It'll just come out for no reason sometimes, like H~[3]P.
No. For the first few months of the game 33 Inputs were so tight people were getting 3T when trying to get off grabs, even in training mode when the input clearly showed "33". It's fine as it is now.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
It would only do that with sloppy execution.

The way it is now, 33 motions come out for no reason. Try to block something and then doing 3T as you leave blockstun. You get a 33T even when you only hit 3 once if you input 3 before you leave blockstun. That's beyond dumb. All I'm asking is for 33s to not come out when I never hit a second 3.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Gonna have to agree with Zeo on this one. 33 input on release was a mess. The buffer system doesn't work well with stick in general which is why its been predominantly a pad game for many players. The game demanded a nearly perfect 33 input on pad with no 2 or 6 bleeding into it, which is borderline impossible to do with any kind of consistency.

Not saying the buffer system can't be better, but going back to the way it was at release... hell no.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I'd rather not have the buffer system is previous versions even tough I'm not happy with the current system.

33 motions in this game I think are still lenient, but gets in the way fuzzy guarding sometimes with accidental 6H inputs and that the timing of a button input itself is strict. For example, for 33Ts, it's has to be timed well to not get an accidental low OH.

In other instances though, like when punishing Christie's JAK :K:, you can pretty much hold 3 and mash throw and still get 33T.

StrikerSashi

Premium Donor
I dunno, I play on a stick and it's always been fine for me. Granted, I played vanilla prepatch for a very short amount of time, but I don't remember having trouble with any inputs.

synce

Why do people want major changes every patch? That is fucking HORRIBLE game design. Ideally there should be no more than one major patch a year, if that.

Vincent Rayne

i want a major patch because there's SO MUCH WRONG WITH THIS GAME! it's the most inconsistent fighter i've ever played. i shouldn't have to hope a certain move or combo works when it normally should just because i'm afraid of something dumb happening from the game itself. why should some moves work sometimes and sometimes they don't under the same circumstances.

reason number two is because this game is dying in america. it's been slowly dying since launch. hasn't seen a single evo. hopefully with Team ninja getting behind it now it can recover but me as well as others are finding this game a bit boring now. having new things added gives the game a little rebirth and gives players reason to dive back into it to find new tech and whatnot. not everyone is going to play Phase-4. not everyone is interested in her.

look at League of Legends and Street fighter and blazblue. games that get patches frequently and because of this the game is very much alive and keeps bringing people back to it. it's not static. it's always evolving.

we're not saying just throw in random patches. we're saying give balance changes and updates that are already addressed. change stuff that's a known problem. balance this game to more characters can be seen in competitive play.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
reason number two is because this game is dying in america. it's been slowly dying since launch. hasn't seen a single evo. hopefully with Team ninja getting behind it now it can recover but me as well as others are finding this game a bit boring now. having new things added gives the game a little rebirth and gives players reason to dive back into it to find new tech and whatnot. not everyone is going to play Phase-4. not everyone is interested in her.

D.I.D. showed it's not dying imo.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD