DOA5LR DOA5LR (1.03) AKIRA - COMBO VIDEO!

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I don't get the point of having Difficult execution barriers in the first place. :(
If a character is really good and has exceptionally quick and damaging tools, then you'd either make them incredibly punishable or put an execution barrier, otherwise you end up with uneven roster and a boring game.

Lulu

If a character is really good and has exceptionally quick and damaging tools, then you'd either make them incredibly punishable or put an execution barrier, otherwise you end up with uneven roster and a boring game.

I'm familiar with the practice and I thinks its a really bad idea. If the move is really that good that it bypass the games fundamentals by a large margin then an extremely high execution barrier only delays the inevitable mastery of such a move to pull it off consistently enough to be a problem..... and to make things worse it also Alienates the crappier executionists that may want to try that character only to have a bar they can't clear.
Ofcourse you can increase the barrier so high that it can never ever ever be pulled off consistently...... without cheating. But you can obviously what the problem there is.

The thing is if you make such a move in a game then you creating an unnecessary problem that you will eventually have to fix.... why not just make it a reasonably good move in the first place and tie it to an appropriate input that doesn't make one question if they should consider a different peripheral to execute it consistently ?

Grimace

I find hard to execute moves more satisfying to pull off than just pressed a single button and a single direction.

1 button fighters are very boring.
#FightingEntertainment

Lulu

I find hard to execute moves more satisfying to pull off than just pressed a single button and a single direction.

1 button fighters are very boring.
#FightingEntertainment

You mean like Akira's JFK and Jacky's Flash Sword Kick ?

You need to phrase your points carefully.

Lulu

I don't play Akira enough to know this for sure but it seems like they made some changes to the Akira Combo Challenge.

I think the "Combo From Throw" challenge has been shortened.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD