DOA5LR Tina Discussion

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Nope, and don't intend to. She's not as flat out dull as Hayate/Hayabusa, but her constant Pyrrha-style whining about not wanting to fight is really irritating. Seriously, not interested in the ninjas. Any of them.
Don't judge a book by its cover. I'm not the biggest fan of the ninjas either but I really do like her moveset. Doing her hit-confirm juggles is reminiscent of getting multi-part throws and hit-throws off successfully to me but with juggles. She's harder to pick up but satisfying to play and I feel the same about Tina. Phase-4 doesn't feel like the other ninjas to me. You should just spend an afternoon trying out a few characters' in command training to find a moveset that suits you. Haven't you been or are you just looking up what other people?

Decadence

As mentioned before, I need to like a character. And since I find Phase 4 'really irritating', I really mean it when I say I have no interest in subjected myself to her whining every match.
Also, not interested in playing a character that's reminiscent of the way Tina plays, since it's the way Tina plays that's making me drop her.

Decadence

This isn't Mortal Kombat, there's loads of great characters here. Just not the bland, stony-faced ninjas!
As mentioned before, I'm really liking Nyotengu, and her neutral game doesn't appear to be as bad as I first thought. She's actually got some great crushes and some good reach.

Decadence

Ok, been playing Nyotengu for a while now, really loving her. My friend also keeps commenting that I play her 'just like Tina'. I suppose I do, it's just easier to get out of a spot when you have some decent neutral game tools for once and I'm not finding that I need to block and gamble anywhere near as much as I did with Tina.

Tenro

it's 14 frames now and it's only neutral on hit and that hitomi and mila , fast as they are, they got a +1 NH down p. -_-

Lulu

God Damnit !!!! Why won't they leave Tina alone..... hasn't she been through enough ? :(

Lulu

It's always been 14f. Would love if it was +1 NH, but judging from past updates, she'll probably only get changes to voices in moves XD

LoL..... I swore it used to be 13.... but then again I'm not the most reliable person to know this since I actually don't use low attacks of any kind...... AT ALL.

Lulu

So I just found out that Tina's Giant Swing (:426::H+P: to air borne Foes) gives Tina a nice +21 Frame Sit Down stun if you get lucky enough to hurl some one into some pots..... except the Throw can trigger this from Miles away and Tina's range is Abysmal.

Luckily theres an Alternative.... Tina's Reverse Air Throw (:4::H+P: to Airborne Foes) this Gives Tina an Extra 3 Frames bringing the grand total up to +24 Frames.... and since the Throw doesn't go too far.... its just good enough for a Guaranteed :3::3::P:. :)

Now I just need to find some way of Turning this into a Limbo Stun.

Lulu

Perhaps you can Soften Them Up with some Offensive Holds. ;)

Also if you have the Luxury of playing Offline perhaps you can try Punishing Everything.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
I wholly agree that Tina has the worst OHs for a grappler. I find myself only using :4::6::h::+::P: and that also has its downsides. I don't think you can really rely on them as much as you can with Bass, Bayman, Leon or Lisa's.

Lulu

Tina's OHs are crap. They're way slower than the average mid, so you need advantage just to use them! None of them give her advantage, either, so they don't improve her situation.

LoL... I know right.... its unfair.

Why do I even main her.... twice now I've tried to drop her but I can't for some reason.

Perhsps I wouldn't in this situation if she literally wasn't my first ever DoA Character when I first got the game.

Edit: Meanwhile in other news. I was watching Sly Bass' Leon Tips and Tricks video and remember him pointing out the wonderfully generous Leniency on input buffer of the :4::1::2::3::6: motion on Leon's Dervish Throw (:2::F::4::1::2::3::6::F:)... so that got me thinking.... can do the samething with Tina ?

And sure enough.... YOU CAN :) . It doesn't seem to be as generous as Leon's but Tina's :4::6::F::4::1::2::3::6::F: geels the :4::1::2::3::6: can be inputted with a nice but brief Delay before the next :F:.

Ofcourse this wouldn't necessary if the command was just :4::6::F::5::F:. I mean thats just simpler.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD