WAZAAAAA

Hey WAZAAAAA,

Love your work. It's really great to see someone still working on Dead or Alive 5 gameplay mods.

I was wondering if there is a way to change how long characters stay on the ground? Like after a combo or a strong attack is performed, the victim lays on the ground for a few seconds, shaking their head or whatnot. I would really appreciate it if you could help me out with this or link me to some resources that might help me figure this out (if it's even possible at all). Thanks!
Is infinite KO a good alternative? Because it's already in the Cheat Table file. Example: https://aww.moe/0qlnnk.mp4

mrtester123

Is infinite KO a good alternative? Because it's already in the Cheat Table file. Example: https://aww.moe/0qlnnk.mp4
Thanks for the quick reply!

Mmm yeah, after playing around with it a little I think Infinite KO fits most of my needs pretty well. I was mucking around a bit and noticed that "P1_stance" goes to 256 and "P1_movetype" goes to 12 when P1 is on the ground. I tried to freeze those values but they kept getting overwritten by the game... Any insight you could provide on how to get around this? I was reading something about making a script to freeze it, but I wasn't sure if I wanna go that far into it yet... I'll probably figure it out eventually :cool:

Thanks again for your tools, they're really great.

nemo

Mmm yeah, after playing around with it a little I think Infinite KO fits most of my needs pretty well. I was mucking around a bit and noticed that "P1_stance" goes to 256 and "P1_movetype" goes to 12 when P1 is on the ground. I tried to freeze those values but they kept getting overwritten by the game... Any insight you could provide on how to get around this? I was reading something about making a script to freeze it, but I wasn't sure if I wanna go that far into it yet... I'll probably figure it out eventually :cool:

Change value 12 to 13 when victims down, and checkbox. :cool:

mrtester123

Change value 12 to 13 when victims down, and checkbox. :cool:
Hey Nemo,
Thanks for your input! I tried doing as you suggested, but it still didn't seem to freeze the value :/ Did you set both "P1_movetype" and "P1_movetypedetailed" to 13 when it originally showed 12? And did you have to check any of the other options in addresses.ct? I will continue to experiment with this, I know I can get it working eventually...

nemo

Hey Nemo,
Thanks for your input! I tried doing as you suggested, but it still didn't seem to freeze the value :/ Did you set both "P1_movetype" and "P1_movetypedetailed" to 13 when it originally showed 12? And did you have to check any of the other options in addresses.ct? I will continue to experiment with this, I know I can get it working eventually...

Movetype only. You dont have to change it at 12, just set it 13 from the beginning (+checkbox) and grab it.

Aint sure what 13 stands for, but when you fall from cliff, both fighters movetype turn into 13. Maybe that disables whatever inputs.

WAZAAAAA

Attempting to properly freeze P1_stance crashes the game apparently, I just tried.
What you could do instead is freeze currentmove while the enemy is lying on the floor, which would result in something like this: https://files.catbox.moe/yx7ang.MP4
Infinite KO is most likely a better solution lol
Movetype only. You dont have to change it at 12, just set it 13 from the beginning (+checkbox) and grab it.

Aint sure what 13 stands for, but when you fall from cliff, both fighters movetype turn into 13. Maybe that disables whatever inputs.
nobody ever cares about documentation.txt lel
Code:
_DESCRIPTION:	movetype
_VALUE TYPE:	Byte
_VALUE EXPLANATION:
0 = movement, idle animation
2 = strikes
3 = strikes (I don't know what the difference is)
4 = inflicting throw animation
5 = whiffed holds
6 = inflicting hold animation
7 = blockstun
8 = critical stun, guard break
9 = normal hit hitstun, air juggle
10 = receiving throw animation
11 = receiving hold animation
12 = down status
13 = movement based commands with no damage such as sidesteps, attacks charging, taunts, character select poses 
14 = down-only strike (8P+K, 2P, 2K, 3P, 3K)
15 = receiving down-only strike
16 = whiffed throws, whiffed offensive holds

nemo

Attempting to properly freeze P1_stance crashes the game apparently, I just tried.
What you could do instead is freeze currentmove while the enemy is lying on the floor, which would result in something like this: https://files.catbox.moe/yx7ang.MP4
Infinite KO is most likely a better solution lolnobody ever cares about documentation.txt lel
Code:
_DESCRIPTION:    movetype
_VALUE TYPE:    Byte
_VALUE EXPLANATION:
0 = movement, idle animation
2 = strikes
3 = strikes (I don't know what the difference is)
4 = inflicting throw animation
5 = whiffed holds
6 = inflicting hold animation
7 = blockstun
8 = critical stun, guard break
9 = normal hit hitstun, air juggle
10 = receiving throw animation
11 = receiving hold animation
12 = down status
13 = movement based commands with no damage such as sidesteps, attacks charging, taunts, character select poses
14 = down-only strike (8P+K, 2P, 2K, 3P, 3K)
15 = receiving down-only strike
16 = whiffed throws, whiffed offensive holds

In case of changing status, Im using another table, not yours. Maybe thats why problem occured.
Btw doc looks great. Thx for remind.:cool:

WAZAAAAA

14/Jun/2017 - version 1.8
- (ALL TOOLS) added compatibility with Steam Ver.1.10 (Gust Mashup Swimwear Set)
- (FRAME COUNTER) renamed true air state to airborne
- (CHEAT TABLE) renamed trueairstate to airborne

WAZAAAAA

Doesn't work
99% of the times it's fixable by using the proper toolbox for the proper version, which right now is Steam Ver.1.10 Gust Mashup Swimwear Set (official non-cracked client)

Hopefully the future toolbox 2.0 will make it compatible with every client version.

Reactions: Vex

VictorSeven

@WAZAAAAA

Hey there! I stumbled upon this thread while looking for a way to do COM vs COM with health bars for a program I run on my Twitch channel. Is there any way to attach AI behavior to both sides in Offline Versus, and adjust COM level for each side independently? How hard would something like that be to make?

WAZAAAAA

@WAZAAAAA

Hey there! I stumbled upon this thread while looking for a way to do COM vs COM with health bars for a program I run on my Twitch channel. Is there any way to attach AI behavior to both sides in Offline Versus, and adjust COM level for each side independently? How hard would something like that be to make?
not sure how to do that
I've found the addresses to change COM difficulty in real time for both P1 and P2 sides in any mode (finds out survival mode COM level changes seemingly randomly and often), but it doesn't override a human player
I've also tried to replicate Tekken 7's method to hack COM vs COM into the game for DOA5LR but had no luck

another approach that could be tested is to make the actual COM vs COM mode behave more like a regular match but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

VictorSeven

not sure how to do that
I've found the addresses to change COM difficulty in real time for both P1 and P2 sides in any mode (finds out survival mode COM level changes seemingly randomly and often), but it doesn't override a human player
I've also tried to replicate Tekken 7's method to hack COM vs COM into the game for DOA5LR but had no luck

another approach that could be tested is to make the actual COM vs COM mode behave more like a regular match but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That was my first thought, adding health bars to the Watch mode in the Extras section, with the normal victory and loss conditions, but I figured that would be more complicated.

I did find a CheatEngine script that was able to override human player input, but the AI was woefully bad and uninteresting to watch. Each character stood still for a number of seconds, and then randomly performed a single strike. Some basic movement, but the fights were not at all entertaining.

If you'd like, I can forward you the Drive link to the script for you to look at.

VictorSeven

And now that I think about it, the COM vs COM mode wouldn't necessarily need health bars per se, just the ability for one character to lose and have the victory screen display, with the option to go back to Character Select.

VictorSeven

but it doesn't override a human player
By this, do you mean the CPU won't fight at all? Or do you mean that it will fight, but still receive input from a controller? If it's the latter, I have no problem leaving the controllers alone until the fight is over.

Also, apologies for the flurry of replies. Been thinking about this all day, and word-vomiting them whenever they came to me lol.

WAZAAAAA

@VictorSeven
Well, seems like you found a working CT yourself good job.

I have improved it a bit by making the script part more universally compatible with every DOA5LR client version, and added adjustable COM difficulty level for both player sides so the characters won't act retarded. COM level goes from 0 to 7 where 0 is the weakest and 7 is the strongest.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/en4ee0a4wo82syd/COMvsCOM_1.10.ct
please note this is a "temporary" Cheat Table because I'm going to include the COM vs COM addresses on my next Toolbox version and this file will inevitably become partly outdated after the next game update.

INSTRUCTIONS:
1. open CT file
2. attach to game.exe
3. check all 3 checkboxes
4. change P1_COM_level and P2_COM_level to 7
5. start a VERSUS match or whatever

I recommend against playing Alpha-152 mirror matches, it would become a stare down contest even at the highest level that's how the AI was programmed lol

Last edited:

VictorSeven

AWESOME. I shall try this out when I get home.

Hopefully it works for Tag matches, too, but if not, I'd still be happy with single matches. Thanks!

VictorSeven

@WAZAAAAA

Tested it out. Works fine for single battles. Tag battles, not so much, because the addresses for Player 3 and Player 4 are not included. Would that be easy to do?

Also, one other thing that's odd about this script is that the winning character is invisible during the win animation. Any way around that?

VictorSeven

NEVER MIND! I was able to insert those addresses manually following the pattern of the original two. Still haven't fixed the invisibility, though. And in Tag battles, only the character that was active at the time of the win is invisible. The background character is visible and showing victory pose.

One other thing I noticed: COM Levels 0-4 have zero movement. They will throw plenty of strikes, but only levels 5-7 actually move, and even then, they only strafe. Sometimes they tend to get caught on walls, but the fight eventually continues, as strafing does include forward movement. Once in range, that's when all the strikes start coming out and it starts looking like a real fight again.

Any way we can include sporadic forward movement for levels 0-4? Something like, if the character is idle for 2 seconds, they perform a forward step?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD