DOA5LR DOA5LR Tournament in KOFGCC DUBAI December 25-26th

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
dxb_poster_rester-copy-2.jpg

l'm happy to announce the first DOA5LR Tournament in the GCC which will be held at the KOFGCC event in Dubai on the 25 and 26th of December! For registration and details please visit:
http://www.kofgcc.com/rules/#1447692511629-4efd493d-3bf1

The Tournament Rules and Registration are straight forward:

For registration please email EMPEROR COW (emperorcow@outlook.com) with the following details:
– Real Name:
– Gamer ID:
– Main Character:

Rules:
The tournament format will take shape depending on the number of entries. But since we have 2 days, rest assured that we will make the most out of them so that everybody could play the maximum number of matches. (Meaning there will be pools, double elimination, and the sets will be FT3 or FT5 depending on the number :) )

The event will be run on PS4.
BRING YOUR OWN CONTROLLER! (Converters NOT allowed)

Universal DOA5LR rules will be applied:
– Solo matches.
– Timer: 60 seconds
– Rounds: 3
– Health: Normal
– Camera Type: Classic
– Dangerzones: ON
– Stages: Always set to Random. “Dojo” stage banned. Stage selection is NOT allowed.
– Character selection: You can select any character at the start of the set however the winner gets character lock. the loser can change their character if they want to.

If we get a good number of players and things go smoothly, we may consider doing a Team tournament or even a 2 vs 2 Tag tournament. Because, why not? :) .. There might also be another special event (but we’ll announce on that on the day :) )

Depending on the capabilities of the venue, the tournament will be streamed on Twitch.tv/emperorcow. If this is not possible, the matches will be saved on the PS4 and then uploaded to Youtube.com/emper0rc0w

Of course, there will be some special prizes for the winners Thanks to KoeiTecmo EU which include Season 1 DLC codes (each worth almost 100$) as well as other prizes to take home. But, I’ll be keeping those as a surprise for now. :)

Good luck to everyone and hope to see you there and have a great time! :)

Lulu

WOOOOHOOOO !!! DoA on X-Mas. :)

BTW whats the difference between Classic and Action Camera type ?

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
WOOOOHOOOO !!! DoA on X-Mas. :)

BTW whats the difference between Classic and Action Camera type ?

Classic is stationary. Action pans and zooms during certain environment changes, you can also make it zoom in and out really fast by spacing across the screen. Additionally, when doing a critical stun combo the camera zooms in the longer the combo goes on. Basically jarring.

Lulu

Classic is stationary. Action pans and zooms during certain environment changes, you can also make it zoom in and out really fast by spacing across the screen. Additionally, when doing a critical stun combo the camera zooms in the longer the combo goes on. Basically jarring.

Oh..... well I guess I better switch to classic then..... lol I though I was stuck with all that stuff.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
No offense but I've got to wonder... How in the HELL is anyone from this community gonna get to Dubai for a tournament?

FSD isn't exclusive to one region, though it is dominated in population by one. Still, it's actively supportive of competitive DOA anywhere in the world. If a region wants more exposure to allow their potential locals a chance in finding the site or other locals, the site won't prevent anyone from attempting to do so.

In addition, Khaled is a respected member of the community who has been trying to grow his offline scene over the past three years. Hopefully he'll be able to grow it much like the States has in the past few years. It's not something that happens overnight.

BloodBurger

FSD isn't exclusive to one region, though it is dominated in population by one. Still, it's actively supportive of competitive DOA anywhere in the world. If a region wants more exposure to allow their potential locals a chance in finding the site or other locals, the site won't prevent anyone from attempting to do so.

In addition, Khaled is a respected member of the community who has been trying to grow his offline scene over the past three years. Hopefully he'll be able to grow it much like the States has in the past few years. It's not something that happens overnight.

I meant no disrespect, in fact I tip my hat to Khaled. Just from experience I know that it's like pulling teeth to get these guys to go down the street, let alone across the world. What I'm really saying is that I hope the UAE is a little more receptive to it than the guys here in the States.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
I meant no disrespect, in fact I tip my hat to Khaled. Just from experience I know that it's like pulling teeth to get these guys to go down the street, let alone across the world. What I'm really saying is that I hope the UAE is a little more receptive to it than the guys here in the States.

No disrespect taken. I think we all want more Global play. I look forward to seeing what comes out of this Battle Royal 2015 final and what next year's Battle Royal looks like.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
There are players in the region .. but they're scattered all over the place.
This event is a chance to bring people together.
I'm not expecting US,EU or even JP players to show up.. Its the first time the game gets a tournament in the region. I want it to get recognized first as a new DOA region... however small it may be.. and then make it grow from there...

I'll also be running everything from scratch and on my own. I'm using my own PS4, Laptop, capture device, and monitor as well. Hell, apart from the DLC codes provided by KTEU, the other prizes are even from my own pocket. the KOFGCC guys were kind enough to recognize the scene and offer the venue. The rest is entirely up to me so its a lot of pressure.. Believe me , I want this to work... and who knows, maybe a player in the region would shine.. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD