DOA5LR: Tweets, Speculations, Rumors, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

David Gregg

This thread is the answer to the concern that there really isn't a place to find the latest info (to be more specific: not the kind of info that deserves its own thread or belongs in New Content). Things that are more subtle like tweets, hints from TN, clarification of details w/ last gen vs current gen, etc...

There are a couple of rules to this thread:
1) This is NOT the new casual thread. Many members want a thread where they can find info and post predictions and speculations (Ex: someone here made the excellent point that Hitomi's new short bob could be indicating which fan outfit she received). Any arguments can be taken to PM (unless you want this locked by a mod).
2) If you find news that you think is significant enough to deserve its own thread or that is confirmed new content please post it in the appropriate threads.

Last edited:

David Gregg

*crickets* Okay then I guess I'll kick this off. XD After seeing the pic that TN released on DOA Game FB of Ryu with loose hair I think it's very likely that Brad Wong will get a loose hair option as well:
10633779_577777312326358_1014452271823245269_o.jpg

Edit: Sorry guys this was confirmed to be fanart. :oops: Although I guess it's a good thing that this is the "Speculation" thread. XD

Last edited:

Argentus

*crickets* Okay then I guess I'll kick this off. XD After seeing the pic that TN released on DOA Game FB of Ryu with loose hair I think it's very likely that Brad Wong will get a loose hair option as well:
10633779_577777312326358_1014452271823245269_o.jpg

Edit: Sorry guys this was confirmed to be fanart. :oops: Although I guess it's a good thing that this is the "Speculation" thread. XD
The only real speculation I think most of us care about right now is costumes lol

David Gregg

The only real speculation I think most of us care about right now is costumes lol

I see that. XD Well you may find out sooner then you think during TGS. Btw what are your thoughts on another character being included? I've been thinking about it and I've come up with some reasons why I think there will be:
1) The multiple tweets. I won't go down that path again especially with the lengthy discussions about possible misinterpretations but TN has not said that there wouldn't be any more fighters so I still think we should keep this into consideration.
2) A new version gives the team so many more options (and a lot less stress) when it comes to designing a character. No matter how sh*tty or epic he/she is, they will be included with the rest of the game so it doesn't matter as much.
3) Making a new version puts the company back into the public light a lot more than an update or DLC. It will receive reviews from IGN, Gamespot, etc... so there's a lot more pressure to add new content (including fighters).

Argentus

I see that. XD Well you may find out sooner then you think during TGS. Btw what are your thoughts on another character being included? I've been thinking about it and I've come up with some reasons why I think there will be:
1) The multiple tweets. I won't go down that path again especially with the lengthy discussions about possible misinterpretations but TN has not said that there wouldn't be any more fighters so I still think we should keep this into consideration.
2) A new version gives the team so many more options (and a lot less stress) when it comes to designing a character. No matter how sh*tty or epic he/she is, they will be included with the rest of the game so it doesn't matter as much.
3) Making a new version puts the company back into the public light a lot more than an update or DLC. It will receive reviews from IGN, Gamespot, etc... so there's a lot more pressure to add new content (including fighters).
Honestly...besides Leon I didn't like any of the characters added in 5u so far, so odds are I won't like anyone else they add either, so I'm apathetic about new characters. I'm take it or leave it.

David Gregg

Honestly...besides Leon I didn't like any of the characters added in 5u so far, so odds are I won't like anyone else they add either, so I'm apathetic about new characters. I'm take it or leave it.

It's weird how each version of 5 adds a certain kind of fighter. In vanilla 5 there was Rig and Mila who were much more realistic in terms of appearance and fighting styles, 5U brought characters from past DOA games or from other series, and 5UA brought anime-ish characters with bizarre but fun fighting styles.

We went from this:
before.png
To this:
afta.png
XD

Last edited:

Kodachi

Standard Donor
It's weird how each version of 5 adds a certain kind of fighter. In vanilla 5 there was Rig and Mila who were much more realistic in terms of appearance and fighting styles, 5U brought characters from past DOA games or from other series, and 5UA brought anime-ish characters with bizarre but fun fighting styles.

We went from this:
To this:
XD
Because in DOA5 TN was trying to cater to Western fans, whereas DOA5UA is a Japan exclusive. #Marketing101

Last edited:

Argentus

We went from this:
To this:
XD
I've learned to hate nyo for the same reason I hate momiji

ENOUGH WITH THE AIR COMBOS ALREADY!

Xhominid The Demon Within

We went from this:
To this:
XD

When the hell DOA was ever realistic? I know "more realistic", but I can't say Rig and Mila are more realistic only because of what they are to be frank.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
well Mila and Rig didn't need to sell so they could afford to be less flashy, Mila and Rig were characters that didn't look all that great till people saw what they could do. i mean compare Rigs trailer

to Phase 4 and Nyotengus

im interested to see who they will add now that the character dont have to sell themselves, though personally i think a black spider would sell like hot cakes if they did them right

David Gregg

ENOUGH WITH THE AIR COMBOS ALREADY!

:p

When the hell DOA was ever realistic? I know "more realistic", but I can't say Rig and Mila are more realistic only because of what they are to be frank.

I mean their fighting style (at least on paper) is "more realistic" than Nyo and MR. XD

But honestly if we go off of what EC found out way back when I wouldn't be that excited to see a character from DW or VF. :/

Argentus

well Mila and Rig didn't need to sell so they could afford to be less flashy, Mila and Rig were characters that didn't look all that great till people saw what they could do. i mean compare Rigs trailer

to Phase 4 and Nyotengus

im interested to see who they will add now that the character dont have to sell themselves, though personally i think a black spider would sell like hot cakes if they did them right
Id rather another original like mika rig and *shudder* Marie, rather than another clone or ng immigrant.

David Gregg

There is also a possibility that a character from Senran Kagura could be a guest fighter since they're collaborating with them. Kind of reminds me of Onechanbara when they included a character from (an apparently popular?) sims dating game as a fighter. XD
nonono.png

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
ive been hoping for DOA to get a arrogant type of character, one who either always has their hand in their pocket or behind their back unless they strike like this guy.

i think it would be cool if Donovan turned out so strong he could fight like that

Kodachi

Standard Donor
There is also a possibility that a character from Senran Kagura could be a guest fighter since they're collaborating with them. Kind of reminds me of Onechanbara when they included a character from (an apparently popular?) sims dating game as a fighter. XD
It would really be amazing to see a Senran in DOA's artstyle or even vise versa. ♥_♥

Argentus

Which is so so so wrong.....dating sim+gorebath fetish zombie hack and slash. Where the hell did that mash up come from? *remembers you could set the color of blood to white, so when its splashed all over and dripping off the girls....*

David Gregg

Which is so so so wrong.....dating sim+gorebath fetish zombie hack and slash. Where the hell did that mash up come from? *remembers you could set the color of blood to white, so when its splashed all over and dripping off the girls....*

Yeah it definitely fit when you consider the nature of the game. lol

Btw anyone have any updates on what will happen to the arcade version once LR hits? I tweeted TN but I doubt they'll respond. I could see them releasing the new stages on 5UA just to make the rest of us suffer. :p

Xhominid The Demon Within

So many choices to be honest, but I know people will complain if we have guest fighters from Senran Kagura too...

ive been hoping for DOA to get a arrogant type of character, one who either always has their hand in their pocket or behind their back unless they strike like this guy.

i think it would be cool if Donovan turned out so strong he could fight like that

Donovan would pretty much HAVE to be that strong if he wants to be a threat at all...

to Phase 4 and Nyotengus

It would actually help considering how pretty much, The Black Spider Clan is pretty much the laughing stock similar to Hayate in terms of seriousness.

Id rather another original like mika rig and *shudder* Marie, rather than another clone or ng immigrant.

I seriously don't get your issues with Marie Rose, but I still would rather have Irene in the game and then no more NG candidates(not like there really is any...like seriously? Alma? Elizabet? Kureha?!?!

Yurlungur

I just hope there's a few more characters floating around, performable as i've said before another male who knows aikido

that style has been in tekken/mortal kombat/virtua fighter and since it's focused on counters and chain throws i think it would be a wonderful edition to doa

Argentus

So many choices to be honest, but I know people will complain if we have guest fighters from Senran Kagura too...

Donovan would pretty much HAVE to be that strong if he wants to be a threat at all...

It would actually help considering how pretty much, The Black Spider Clan is pretty much the laughing stock similar to Hayate in terms of seriousness.

I seriously don't get your issues with Marie Rose, but I still would rather have Irene in the game and then no more NG candidates(not like there really is any...like seriously? Alma? Elizabet? Kureha?!?!
Marie was so freakishly out if left field. Rest of doa5 was as western as it gets, then first dlc character is a token loli...so awkward.

But if another ng character, I would rather have Doku or Alma. But again I would rather have another new character instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD