Community DoA5LR Will be at EVO

We might not be on the main stage, but we will be at EVO. Big E, one of our biggest supporters outside of Team NINJA and one of the most prolific Tournament Organizers in the country, is working to put on a "side tournament" at EVO. I use quotes because this man isn't a side tournament kind of guy. This is all extremely early but there is already aggressive movement to make this an impactful event at EVO. Lines are open and parts are moving to make this successful. From Big E himself on one of the Facebook groups:
Ok we didn't make it this year :( but I want to have a side tournament at EVO. We have to show them we belong at Evo 2016. They watch every major that Doa is at so we have to step up big time this year. It starts at Winter Brawl 9. I need everyone's help. Who's behind me? I WANT TO GET GREAT NUMBERS AT EVO. Let's show the POWER OF DOA FGC.

The conversation has already brought up possibly working with MarkMan of MadCatz and other options will, of course, be explored if necessary. Regardless of what has come before, we have the opportunity to force our community into the spotlight through sheer strength of numbers and action similar to what the Smash community has done.

Let's throw our support behind Big E and overshadow even some of the main stage games!

Source: Facebook

Last edited:
2eq6kx5.jpg

what is Big Es relationship with DOA anyway? i see him pushing and supporting DOA all the time yet i dont think hes a player at least i dont think ive ever seen him play.

what is Big Es relationship with DOA anyway? i see him pushing and supporting DOA all the time yet i dont think hes a player at least i dont think ive ever seen him play.
He's a TO on the east coast. Puts on most of our biggest tournaments. ShinBlanka is our other huge supporter on this side of the country.

He's not a player, but he is a firm contributor to this community as a Tournament Organizer. He makes sure that DOA is a main game at each tournament every time that he hosts a tournament. TFC being the main one. He does everything that he possibly can to make sure that DOA get opportunities to shine in the FGC.

B
Big E runs a majority of the East Coast majors featuring DOA5, Summer Jam was the official debut DOA5 Tournament prior to release that Lopedo won.

Good, I just hope more players come instead of crying about it not being a main stage game, if we show them DOA does have the potential then who knows.

I said in the other thread that i would go to Vegas if there was something for DOA and I'll live up to my word. Guess I need to start saving up! Also, I will get my ass kicked but hopefully people will be cool anyway lol.
go and represent Mila for me!
Wish I could go but honestly not in any kinda of situation to be traveling at the moment.

This is great news for the game and the community at large. There are some DOA players who do play other fighting games that will be at EVO, so having a side tournament is sure to bring them out to play. And it will bring out those who do want to attend EVO.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD