DOA5U DOA5U (1.09) KOKORO - Combo Video!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor

This video is meant to shed some light on what Kokoro is capable of in ver. 1.09. It goes over B&B setups, Critical Burst setups, Power launcher combos (indoors and outdoors), as well as environmental combos. All the combos displayed in the video CANNOT be stagger escaped, which means that your opponent is put in a situation where he is forced to guess and risk a hold.

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining. ^^

Special thanks to:
Artists:AXOUEL2009, REPTILES
Combo Advice: Shoraku

日本語バージョンこちらへ:

PhoenixVFIRE

Good stuff Emperor ^_^ My main problem I have with Kokoro is that I really wish she had more string enders tbh... I feel like I do the same thing all the time with her and it gets old fast :(

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Good stuff Emperor ^_^ My main problem I have with Kokoro is that I really wish she had more string enders tbh... I feel like I do the same thing all the time with her and it gets old fast :(
Don't let it bother you .. shes a really fun character
Almost every character has the same thing ...
with Koko its 66P+KP+KP+K
with Momiji is 6PKKP
with Leifang its 3PP6PP
with Pai its P>P>P>33PK
I can go on ..
she Does have other enders .. as do other cast members... but you gotta go for max damage when you can. (unless you're sacrificing some DMG for an unholdable setup .. but thats another thing)

PhoenixVFIRE

Don't let it bother you .. shes a really fun character
Almost every character has the same thing ...
with Koko its 66P+KP+KP+K
with Momiji is 6PKKP
with Leifang its 3PP6PP
with Pai its P>P>P>33PK
I can go on ..
she Does have other enders .. as do other cast members... but you gotta go for max damage when you can. (unless you're sacrificing some DMG for an unholdable setup .. but thats another thing)
Well, that's what I mean though, I just kinda wish all characters would have alternate damage enders that do the same damage that way it doesn't look like the same thing every time. I understand there's multiple combos but there's usually one(maybe two) combos that do the max damage. I just wish there was more to it than just one or two things :/

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Well, that's what I mean though, I just kinda wish all characters would have alternate damage enders that do the same damage that way it doesn't look like the same thing every time. I understand there's multiple combos but there's usually one(maybe two) combos that do the max damage. I just wish there was more to it than just one or two things :/
that would make it redundant.. at the end of the day the easiest one will be used

Heikou

Standard Donor
That gauranteed CB setup from a breakable that leaves the opponent against a wall is sweet. Thanks for the vid.

I probably could have told you this earlier, but for everyone in here unaware of it, if you knock the opponent into a breakable from a certain distance, 2KP will SDS again if the 2K whiffs. You can then dash in and 7K. This is guaranteed but only from certain ranges. Also, on water or ice, if 2K lands CH, you can delay the followup P and it will SDS for a dash in 7K.

jjinkou2

Thank you very much for this tutorial on this overlooked but very fun to play character. great work .

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
That gauranteed CB setup from a breakable that leaves the opponent against a wall is sweet. Thanks for the vid.

I probably could have told you this earlier, but for everyone in here unaware of it, if you knock the opponent into a breakable from a certain distance, 2KP will SDS again if the 2K whiffs. You can then dash in and 7K. This is guaranteed but only from certain ranges. Also, on water or ice, if 2K lands CH, you can delay the followup P and it will SDS for a dash in 7K.
That's quite interesting... I don't know why it doesn't work on normally crouching opponents...
Actually you can set it up to guarantee a CB even ..
But the setup itself is highly impractical ..

Heikou

Standard Donor
That's quite interesting... I don't know why it doesn't work on normally crouching opponents...
It's dependent on range. I would agree that if your opponent consistently stagger escapes at fastest that it's better to go for 7K or 33P since it's not easy to gauge whether or not it will be guaranteed at the range you're using it from, but from experience I can say that it's proven useful fairly frequently. Especially on stages like The Ends of the Earth and Lost World.

That said, 2K slipstun is still extremely useful, seeing as 2K is a 15F low with good range and pretty amazing block pressure.

Kurukurtz

There is a way to consistently get guaranteed CB out of the obstacle breaking, even with your opponent being consistent with SE on fastest. If the Koko ends the pressure on obstacle with 6kp or 3k, 2kp followed by one dash in cancelled hella early by 7p is a guaranteed CB. The difficult part of this is remembering if there's enough space behind the obstacle. This situation relies on counter hit as well, but since counter hit is the most relevant status in a match, this situation is not as infrequent as expected.

On the video, I wish I could've added something to this. I had some situations regarding ceilings that might've turned heads.

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
On the video, I wish I could've added something to this. I had some situations regarding ceilings that might've turned heads.

Well just add it here. This thread will stay in the forums and will serve, along with its comments, as a reference for everybody :)

Heikou

Standard Donor
May as well share this since we're already kind of talking about it.

If you PL on a stage with a wall (in open space), you can backdash and immediately cancel into 2KP. Will SDS and you can run in then 7K.

On water / ice, if you get 1K to slipstun, you get a guaranteed BT P+K which will either guarantee 33P or, against an invisible wall or ledge, will guarantee a CB.

Kurukurtz

May as well share this since we're already kind of talking about it.

If you PL on a stage with a wall (in open space), you can backdash and immediately cancel into 2KP. Will SDS and you can run in then 7K.

On water / ice, if you get 1K to slipstun, you get a guaranteed BT P+K which will either guarantee 33P or, against an invisible wall or ledge, will guarantee a CB.
66p+k and 214p are both guaranteed after that 1k,(slipstun) BT p+k situation. There's a trick to manipulating which hits of 66p+k will land after BT p+k. Go as fast as possible and all hits will land, go just a few frames slower out of BT p+k, and two of the three hits will land. This is great mindgame because you have enough threshold after this to followup with anything and the opponent is usually scared of 2p. Even if they aren't, you can abuse the supposed 50/50 of 2p afterwards. I recommend using this as well because it's always nice to get the fingers versatile. It's uncommon for there to be an invisible wall or ledge in this situation.

About that obstacle guaranteed CB, you don't have to launch. You can do 2p+k, 7k, 3k4k(4k will whiff) to get the same setup. Also, lift stuns won't allow the threshold status go to red even if you end with a back turned move in the juggle. So cheesing 9p won't be as rewarding lol. It's strange that i've only seen a couple Koko players besides myself use this obstacle property at all (counted 2 others).

Last edited:

PuertoRicanStyL

Nooice. Also, no disrespect to anyone, but thank you for not having that detail bar thing on that's in the game. That thing makes the videos dam near unwatchable for me. It's like some kind of "buy the full version to remove this block" thing, hahah.

I feel you. Like EC said, pretty much like that for everyone. Sometimes you gotta sacrifice damage for style though :) Unless you're in a tournament or somethin.

Xernuht

I was considering trying to learn a bit of Kokopuffs, and this video pops up.

Thanks again, EMP and friends.

LabrysXII

Thanks for posting this. This video contains things that I need to know if I want to continue using Kokoro as a main. I'll go ahead and try this stuff out sometime during this week.

GeomighT

damn know ones found it yet .... may put it out there if it still works in LR , cant do anything now let someone hold onto my 5U disc a few months ago & wont bother since LR's around the corner on PS4

Last edited:

xDevious

Standard Donor
Great stuff! I actually just started training Kokoro, and this helps out a lot, so thank you!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD