DOA5U - Akira Thread (Combo Challenge, Changes, Combos)

Zeo

From what I'm seeing, timing is fairly strict for thee :4::6::6::P+K: to land. It's really tight and just barely lands. I might just stick to :2_::4::6::P: and sacrifice the 2 points of damage until I get the stronger finisher down pat. Even still I don't see myself landing it very much online.

Zeo

Well, the grab combo's max damage was buffed with the patch. Now on HCT the combo damage is 113 and 115, respectively.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Yeah, you really notice online lag when doing that dash into 2H+KP. Such a huge difference between offline/online, even on a 5 bar connection.

Zeo

Yeah, you really notice online lag when doing that dash into 2H+KP. Such a huge difference between offline/online, even on a 5 bar connection.
Yeah, the timing is odd but I'm getting the hang of it offline. Online however really distorts the timing and it's hard to get the damage consistently.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Has anyone went in depth and find out what exactly did they mean about "Air combos damage adjusted"?
I never saw that in the patch notes from TN. Only place I saw that was in a thread on FSD where someone stated generalities. I'm going to assume that comment is BS unless someone can prove otherwise.

Nameless Sama

I have already reached 80% of Akiras Combo Challenge. I only need to finish these combos.

1.:6::4::F: :+: :2::H+K::P: :+: :2_::4::6::P: ( :2_::4::6::P: how should I buffer this )

2. :214::P: :+: :214::P: :+: :H*+K: :+: :P: :+: :2_::4::6::P: ( My Knee doesnt hit Kasumi for some reason <.<)

3. :4::4::[[p+k]]: :+: :H*+K: :+: :H*+K: :+: :P: :+: :214::P: :+: :P: :+: :4::6::6: :P+K:

4. :P+K: :+: :6::6::P: :+: :3::K: :+: :6::6::P+K: :+: :H*+K: :+: :H*+K: :+: :P: :+: :H*+K:
:+: :H*+K: :+::2_::4::6::P: ( the last input is the one which I cant make. After the 4th knee I cant make it <.<)

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
I have already reached 80% of Akiras Combo Challenge. I only need to finish these combos.

1.:6::4::F: :+: :2::H+K::P: :+: :2_::4::6::P: ( :2_::4::6::P: how should I buffer this )

2. :214::P: :+: :214::P: :+: :H*+K: :+: :P: :+: :2_::4::6::P: ( My Knee doesnt hit Kasumi for some reason <.<)

3. :4::4::[[p+k]]: :+: :H*+K: :+: :H*+K: :+: :P: :+: :214::P: :+: :P: :+: :4::6::6: :P+K:

4. :P+K: :+: :6::6::P: :+: :3::K: :+: :6::6::P+K: :+: :H*+K: :+: :H*+K: :+: :P: :+: :H*+K:
:+: :H*+K: :+::2_::4::6::P: ( the last input is the one which I cant make. After the 4th knee I cant make it <.<)
Taken straight from the tips and tricks thread I put together.

1) Easy Double Palm Input
@Raoh figured out how to buffer :2_::4::6::P: without being in a crouching state. "You want to buffer the :4::6:somewhere in the range of recovery frames of your move and allow your stick or pad to go back to neutral. This is a MUST. I repeat, allowing your stick or pad to set to neutral is a MUST. Finally on the first frame after recovery (or damn near close to it) press :3::+::P:." This will allow you to pop the double palm off in hairy situations.

coffeedad

I <3 Jesus...and coffee.
Premium Donor

Sly Bass is the master, so what he said.

Also, I wrote detailed posts about how to land combo 1. and 4. in your list on page 5 of this thread. There is actually a lot of good information in this entire thread regarding the challenges.

You can do it!

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
Anyone have any tips for Akira's powerblow combo challenge? The last input, 466p+k, is whiffing for me. After launching, I am dashing forward, inputting two knees, holding forward punch, 214p, trying to do another forward punch, and then 466p+k. It seems that the opponent is too far and the last part whiffs...

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Anyone have any tips for Akira's powerblow combo challenge? The last input, 466p+k, is whiffing for me. After launching, I am dashing forward, inputting two knees, holding forward punch, 214p, trying to do another forward punch, and then 466p+k. It seems that the opponent is too far and the last part whiffs...

Hold 6 with P, It should give you the extra distance for the 466P+K around the end.

Has anyone come up with a different power launcher combo that juggles for 5 hits besides the one at the top post? couldn’t find any previous comments about it whilst combing through the thread.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD