DOA5U Alpha-152 changes/wishes

synce

Well since Tengu's not showing up I'm gonna have to do double time on my Alpha trolling, thank you TN for giving her a mid-K launcher from FLOAT. Now just give her a smoky black skin.

:alpha152:

AND. DON'T. NERF. ANYTHING. ELSE.

FlamingMuffin

I'd love to have her 7K reset again and 66T to be boosted to 35/40. Plus fixing her FLOATS would be nice.

As for new stuff, more colours!

synce

NEW ALPHA FOOTAGE, FUCK YES.

http://gamersyde.com/news_e3_doa5_ultimate_gameplay-14255_en.html

- New skin color
- New kick (see screenshot)
- 33KK now transitions into FLT
- 66P changed from sitdown to faint stun
- And of course the new FLT K launcher

The 66P change is interesting, it allows new mixups in singles but since it was her only sitdown it's a big nerf for tag mode unless she gets a replacement or they made sitdowns SE'able again.

F1bBYZn.jpg

-Nai-

- New skin color

The 66P change is interesting, it allows new mixups in singles but since it was her only sitdown it's a big nerf for tag mode unless she gets a replacement or they made sitdowns SE'able again.

F1bBYZn.jpg
Scorpion Kick...really...oh god...

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Oh... my... god! I love the changes so far. A juggle off D.I.V.E? I'll take it? New moves? I'll take it...

Now we need a fourth critical burst option? I'm thinking a high kick this time around.

Adamleelight

- New skin color

F1bBYZn.jpg

1370969466619.jpg

Toby

I wish her taunt would do damage. It'll be fun to troll with cause the way it is now, she can't be thrown during the animation.

Nightpup

She used her 66P as the first hit. It was always a faint stun when not used during a stun. In stun it's a sitdown.

synce

Looks like it does currently cause faint if you land it on HCH, but not CH or NH. 6KP on the other hand is always sitdown. Some of TN's balancing decisions confuse the shit out of me.

Kronin

By being... less transparent?

Yes, by being less transparent and with the added halo of light.

I am the only one to find a certain similarity by the new skin of Alpha 152 and her Beta version during the DoA4 trailer pre-release (the top image), overall compared to her skins from DoAD/DoA5?

8vWvGeZ.jpg

Codemaster92163

I'll tell you what I miss from Dimensions. Back then, her :P::K: could launch an opponent. No, not :P::+::K:, but her high punch then her high kick. It was just high enough to do :3::P::P::P::P:: > :6::P::P::P: for a really nice, fast launch with good damage.

Of course, they won't re-add it because, hell, it's kind of broken, but I can't say I don't miss it.

The addition of a new move from FLT is amazing. It was a pretty decent stance ONLY for whiffs, but now that she actually has mix-up from it, I can see it being a lot more useful in more situations rather than just to avoid/whiff punish attacks.

:3::3::K::K: has always been rather useless, and I almost never say that about moves. Most attacks have their time to shine, but never really that one. Now with FLT no longer being mostly useless up close, and considering 33KK has guard break properties, I'm excited for that change as well.

I'm glad they're buffing her instead of nerfing her. Most people, even a lot of good players, complain and say that she's cheap and one of the best. Nightpup and I have played her since DOAD, and those of us that have used her that extensively know that while she's good on the offensive, getting hit even once is a nightmare. She was never top tier, even when her :2::K::K: ___ mixup was annoying as hell, so it's nice to see her get treated properly instead of bending to the whim of those that haven't spent much time with her.

Omegan Eckhart

I'm glad they're buffing her instead of nerfing her. Most people, even a lot of good players, complain and say that she's cheap and one of the best. Nightpup and I have played her since DOAD, and those of us that have used her that extensively know that while she's good on the offensive, getting hit even once is a nightmare. She was never top tier, even when her :2::K::K: ___ mixup was annoying as hell, so it's nice to see her get treated properly instead of bending to the whim of those that haven't spent much time with her.

She is a pure hit and miss character, kind of Phoenix from MvC3 but without the counter system. If she can get the momentum going she is a great character but once she is knocked unless she guesses right she will end up getting knocked down again and will have to try to guess again.

I was hoping she would be able to cancel her float faster honestly but some new options are useful too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD