DOA5U Alpha-152 changes/wishes

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
My wish is for her to not be banned in tournaments during the transition to DOA5U. Right now it hasn't been a problem like it was for poor Tengu, but all it takes is another tool or move for someone to ruin everything for the Alpha community. As long as I breathe people will not like me online at the very least.

synce

"Another tool" implies she already has some, but TN turned her into a dumb gimmick in 1.03. Fortunately they realized they fucked up and are making up for it in 5U, you'll see what I mean in a month but 5U Alpha is like a whole new character. Everything's been changed all the way down to the parries.

Nightpup

"Another tool" implies she already has some, but TN turned her into a dumb gimmick in 1.03. Fortunately they realized they fucked up and are making up for it in 5U, you'll see what I mean in a month but 5U Alpha is like a whole new character. Everything's been changed all the way down to the parries.

Instead of being mysteriously annoying, just come right out and tell us what you know. Seriously, I hate when people do this. It's not like there's any sort of penalty (that I know of) for releasing updated information on an already existing character.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

I say tool universally.

synce

Judging from 5U's leaked achievement list Alpha and everyone else may be instantly available... If so get ready to see a LOT more of the new Alpha online!

synce

Well I've already shared a good bit of info about 5U on the main forum and no one ever says thanks, so I'd rather just tease it's more fun :)

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Well I've already shared a good bit of info about 5U on the main forum and no one ever says thanks, so I'd rather just tease it's more fun :)

I inform people all the time the best I can, and I don't ever expect anything in return. Usually I'm not even acknowledged.

So to an extent, I can feel your pain -- with that being said I think you should inform the masses. Maybe I'll even throw in a few likes if it tickles you fancy.

synce

Some bad news, her 7K derivatives are now -3. Also 66P and all derivatives are only +3. FLT K is -20 on block (and high in case it hasn't been said yet). 9K is also super unsafe. Despite some of the nerfs she's more fun to play than ever before

synce

Alpha's new weight can be a big issue in tag if your opponent knows their stuff! I'm trying to find a kill combo against her, so far the highest damage I've done is 286 on CH (296 with wall). 300 looks very possible

XxSakuraLuvaxX

Alpha's new weight can be a big issue in tag if your opponent knows their stuff! I'm trying to find a kill combo against her, so far the highest damage I've done is 286 on CH (296 with wall). 300 looks very possible
Didn't someone find a rachel/kasumi death combo vs hayate? (mid weight?)

synce

Does it involve her air throw? I think I read that can kill with Momiji too, it's probably getting nerfed

Randark

since DOA5U changed how alpha's float works, was wondering if it was completely removed or just changed in way it is input,

sorry I'm not a very technical player so can remember the actual name but pre-ultimate you could float-dive across screen then go back over other way until they either blocked/held you or you cancelled it yourself with hold.

has this move completely been removed or is it just more complex to pull off now?

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
since DOA5U changed how alpha's float works, was wondering if it was completely removed or just changed in way it is input,

sorry I'm not a very technical player so can remember the actual name but pre-ultimate you could float-dive across screen then go back over other way until they either blocked/held you or you cancelled it yourself with hold.

has this move completely been removed or is it just more complex to pull off now?

The distance has shrunk, and she now rolls to the floor with her back turned. She can also utilize a high-kick launcher with this stance.

Last edited:
I'd love it if they gave Alpha some type of costume however stupid or little it is like a pair of knee high socks would be amazing TN

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Alpha-152
  • 66T: Command changed to 6T.
  • 9K: Start-up stance changed.
  • K, KK, PK, PKK, etc.: Delayable frames reduced.
  • 236236T: Motion recovery increased from 13 to 23F.
  • 9H, 3H: Strikes on success have 8F faster start-up, Guard Back changed from +17 to +12F.
  • KK, KKKK, PKK, PKKKK, etc.: Fixed bug that caused abnomal damage effect on back-turn crouching opponents.
Good stuff.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD