Media DOA5U Helena video thread.

CrudeRaven

A win is a win, give yourself a little more credit ;)
Hi :) Just for future reference, it's usually better to post videos where you've lost because when you've won, well, you made the right decisions and moves. The way you improve at fighting games is looking back at your mistakes and where you went wrong, what you could have done better. So, baring any combo issues this is what you could improve on.

First video
---
:06 If you're going to bait for holds after a stun, you should almost always use 214T. This throw will allow you to keep them in the blender. the combo is 214T 6PP, and then from there you can do mixups by keeping them in stun or going for another 214T.

:55 generally when you've knocked someone down with Helena, you want to force tech them up. You do that with BKO 6P or BKO 2K.

1:11 perfect example of what I just noted. After a 33P4P ender, unless you think they're going to tech, you always want to do BKO 6P or BKO 2K. BKO 2K will always force tech them, but if they decided to tech you're left at a disadvantage. BKO 6P needs to be done twice in order to tech them, but people usually will tech themselves after they get hit with the first one. After they tech, you continue you're mixups (33P, BKO 2K, throw, etc.)

2:16 after BT 66K you usually want to hold 2 so that you can stay in BKO to either tech them up or mix them up if they tech.

2:21 after BT T you want to do 3PP. You can keep comboing them after this, you could do another BT T if you do 3PP4, or mixups in general.
---

Second Video
---
:22 Force tech them after a knockdown.

:28 Careful not to go over the threshold. Good string progression but you needed to either launch or reset them with a low or throw.

:30 Helena was negative after that string, it was your turn to attack. I would have either done 214T or BKO 2K2.

:39 That was good.

:40 Make sure you do the guaranteed stuff after her reset throws until you get more comfortable with her.

1:22 Another situation where you should have force teched them.

1:49 As you start to fight better players, you will get blown up for finishing the 1PPK string lol it's a bad habit to use it all the way so be careful when you do

2:07 After that low WU kick you could have continued pressure.

2:15 Good try baiting the hold/crouch with 1PP

2:27 Use 214T in that situation instead.

2:34 ^^

2:42 Careful

2:47 That was a really strong finish.
---

General Notes
I would recommend always staying in BKO after BKO 2K by holding 2 afterwards. It's basically a mixup of, are they going to do another BKO 2K, BKO 6P or BKO T.
After 214T BKO 6PP is guaranteed.
After BT T 3PP is guaranteed.
66T is her strongest throw, so if you think it will kill then use that instead of 214T.
You generally did BT 4PK a lot, if you fight anyone good then they're going to hold the kick a lot because it's easy to see.
You kind of just did the same thing always when you were BT, you would do BT 4PK, and that can get predictable. You mixed up sometimes with BT 4K and that was good. As you get more comfortable with Helena's moveset I'm sure you'll get better at mixing her moves up.
Whenever you launch with Helena the usual go to combo will be launch BKO 4PK 33P4P. Sometimes you can do 33P 33P4P if they're light enough but doing the first combo will usually always work on everyone.
Make sure you watch and see what Helena players like XCaliburBladeZ do for tech references. Might as well learn from the best haha.
Using Japanese voice will also probably increase your win rate by like 100% js :rolleyes:

By the way, I didn't see any spamming. And even if you did, you're playing to win, and that includes doing whatever it takes. If you're opponent is too dense to be able to counter spam then that's their own fault and weakness. You capitalize on that.
Hope this helped! If you have any questions feel free to ask.
Wow thanks for the detailed review. This will defiantly help me get better as Helena.
And the only character where i was able to properly force tech was Christie. (dunno if saying her name is taboo in this thread because of what she did to Helena) So i really don't understand how it works because sometimes it will and sometimes it wont so i get very confused.
Also thank you for the combos after 214T and BKOT A lot of what i see for Helena gets quite complicated to me so I'm unsure of what to do. I've even fought XCalibur just to see and got confused by the amount of movement.
Don't get me wrong though. I have no intention of dropping her (out of my 6 mains) I'm just saying that this is going to be a headache to learn. And ill try your Japanese voices to see if its true.:cool: Thanks again :helena:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD