Media DOA5U Marie Rose Combo Video by AiN

866AiN999

Her strong point is AC holds definitely.
Enjoy !!

0:12 BnB Combos
1:38 CB Combos
3:20 Hold & OH Combos
4:41 Wall Combos
5:39 Stage Combos

Special Thank:boa0710

==== BnB Combos ====
6P > 8K > PP6PK
6P > 214P > PP6PK
6P > 7K > H+K > KKK
8PPP > (BT) PP6PK
3P > 3P > PP6PK

3P+K.K > 4P > PPP > PP6PK
P+K > 236P
3PK > PPK > PPP > PP6PK
66K > KK > 3P > 6PP > 6PK
KK > 3P > 8K > PPP > PP6PK

4K > 4PK > 7K > 4K > 6PP > PP6PK
66P > 6P+K4.PP > PPP > PP6PK
6K2K > 6P2.PP > 6PPP > PP6PK
6PP > H+K > 214P > PPP > PP6PK
6PP > H+K > 7K > KK > 9P > PP6PK

==== Critical Burst Combo ====
6PP > 64P > 3P > CB
6PP > 3K > CB
4PK > 3P > CB
6KK > P > CB
6K2K > 6P > CB
KK > 3P > CB
8P+K > (BT) KK > 3P+KK > CB
1PP4.P > CB

1PP4.K > ….
CB > 7K > (BT) PP6PP > PP6PK (for H)
CB > 7K > (BT) KK > 9P > PP6PK (for LM)
CB > 7K > (BT) 8P > 6K4.K > PP6PK (for LM)
CB > 7K > (BT) H+K > (BT) H+K > KKK (for all L except Leifang,Pai,Alpha-152)
CB > PB
CB > PL > 6P(Whiff) > 9P > 7K > (BT) H+K > KKK (for LM)

==== Hold & OH Combos ====
Hold:
High P:7K > PP6PP > PP6PK (66)
Mid P:8K > 6PP > PP6PK (58)
High K:8K > 6PP > PP6PK (80)
Low K:8K > 6PP > PP6PK (80)
Mid K:(BT) H+K > KKK (78)
Low P:6K4.PP > PP6PK (M,79)
Low P:7K > H+K > KKK(L,80)

Parry:
P+K > 4P+K.P > 9K4 > CB
3H+K > 4P+K.K > CB (Hi-Counter Setup)
3H+K > 4P+K.P > CB (Hi-Counter Setup)

OH:
(BT) T > 8K > PPP > PP6PK (60)
(BT) T > 214P > PPP > PP6PK (62)

==== Wall Combos====
3P > 7K > (BT) PP6PP > PP6PK
6PK > 6K4.K > PP6PK
6KK > 6K4.K > PP6PK
CB > 7K > 8P > 4PP > PP6PK
236P > 6K > PP6PK
Low K:8K > 4PP > PP6PK (96)
CB > PL > 4H > 6K > 3PP > PP6PK (for H)
CB > PL > P > 214P > 4PP > PP6PK (for M)

======================================

PL combo in progress.

Last edited:

JKT

Thanks for the in-depth combo video! I like that you wrote down the notations to learn them easily ^_^!

Timasty

Great video! So many great PL & CB combos & CB setups & Expert hold combos &... I could go on forever! I didn't even know that her 4P+K (NH,CH or HCH) affects her cb setup which is really cool! I really really liked the BnBs. Showing all of her launchers did help improve my MR a lot! Was glad to see a pretty sweet wall combo using 6K4 K PP6PK.
I'm kinda dissappointed though to see that MR (in most situations) only has that one type of (best) ending: PP6PK. I was hopeing she'd have more juggle ending varieties.
And I have few questions (if you have the time). Why does the CB combo [CB > 7K > (BT) H+K > (BT) H+K > KKK] only work against Kasumi, Mila & MR? Works against all superlight- & lightweight characters when I try it. Something I've missed or overseen?
And is she easier to play than others? Is she more safe than others? What's her strengths & weaknesses? I'd like to know since I only play as a VF character Pai; it's difficult to understand how I should play with MR. She seems completely different in comparison with Pai and I think I play waay to aggressive with her. (I hope I'm not going off topic here)
All in all, great job and thank you 866AiN999 and also boa0710 for making this combo video of Marie Rose and adding all the notes! Helped a lot!

866AiN999

Great video! So many great PL & CB combos & CB setups & Expert hold combos &... I could go on forever! I didn't even know that her 4P+K (NH,CH or HCH) affects her cb setup which is really cool! I really really liked the BnBs. Showing all of her launchers did help improve my MR a lot! Was glad to see a pretty sweet wall combo using 6K4 K PP6PK.
I'm kinda dissappointed though to see that MR (in most situations) only has that one type of (best) ending: PP6PK. I was hopeing she'd have more juggle ending varieties.
And I have few questions (if you have the time). Why does the CB combo [CB > 7K > (BT) H+K > (BT) H+K > KKK] only work against Kasumi, Mila & MR? Works against all superlight- & lightweight characters when I try it. Something I've missed or overseen?
And is she easier to play than others? Is she more safe than others? What's her strengths & weaknesses? I'd like to know since I only play as a VF character Pai; it's difficult to understand how I should play with MR. She seems completely different in comparison with Pai and I think I play waay to aggressive with her. (I hope I'm not going off topic here)
All in all, great job and thank you 866AiN999 and also boa0710 for making this combo video of Marie Rose and adding all the notes! Helped a lot!

Thank you for your enthusiastic response!!
Sorry that I did't spend a lot of time to try Double (BT)H+K for every characters.
And i'll update it after careful study it.
I don't think she is easier than others.

Good Point:
Excellent AC Holds and BT OH which are amazing damage and setup potential.
PP6K2K, 6K2, 2H+K cause frame advantages on NH,CH,HCH.
3P+K.K 3P+K.T is great.
Recovery of 6P, PPP, PP6PP only 16f.
KK is excellent.
Good air juggle damage on counter and hi-counter height for all launchers.

Weak Point:
Small number of strikes.
Lack of frame advantage.
Lack of tracking.
Crush is good but startup frame all slow like 1P.
Damage of after 7K is great but the range too close to hit foe.
Poor air juggle damage on normal height for all launchers.

There still something need to be discovey like the property of 2P+K, 8P+K.
More combos be optimized.
Maybe more but i only play her less than ten hours. lol

Compared to others, maybe her play style is more like pai.

Timasty

To boa0710: I totally forgot the welterweightclass with that CB combo. Thanks for checking! Luckely Pai's welter; 'cause the damage of that one CB combo is scary.

To 866AiN999: Thank you so much!!! That's exactly what I needed!
Her 2P+K/8P+K P+K 's really weird; I've seen people avoiding wake-up kicks with it which is just crazy.

Thx for the quick responses!

866AiN999

To boa0710: I totally forgot the welterweightclass with that CB combo. Thanks for checking! Luckely Pai's welter; 'cause the damage of that one CB combo is scary.
To 866AiN999: Thank you so much!!! That's exactly what I needed!
Her 2P+K/8P+K P+K 's really weird; I've seen people avoiding wake-up kicks with it which is just crazy.
Thx for the quick responses!

2P+K is low crush in mid-period.
Or you meant mid wakeup kick?

Timasty

Actually both. If you're really near your opponent and you time it correctly (which isn't too difficult) you can avoid low- or midkicks by just using the 2P+K/8P+K and you'll have a FA of about +19 or less if done correctly (players switch side). Then just use the BT T grab to win the round lol.
Could be a glitch though

Cake

wow... when you get to he CB combos and christie shows up, for some reason, MR looks flea-sized LOL

Good video man :3

RyuxSama

You make the BEST combo vids out there! Your vids have helped me become the player I am today. And they've helped me gain a better understanding of DOA in general. Keep it up! I will be looking forward to more in the future.

KwonJigglypuff

I can't believe people managed to control MR like this in a week, really impressive. Love your video, it really makes me want to go back home and buy her. Love these combos!

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD