Media DOA5U PHASE-4 Combo Video by AiN

866AiN999

This may be the longest combo video I've ever made.
Phase-4 is weak overall but her combo capability is amazing and i love her fighting style.

0:11 Counter Hit Combos
2:45 Throw Combos
3:59 Hold Combos
5:35 Wall Combos
6:22 Critical Burst Setups
7:03 Critical Burst Combos
9:52 Stage Combos

Combo:AiN & JWING
Edit:AiN

Notations:http://goo.gl/rbb8mq

Attachments

• PHASE-4 Combo Video Notation.pdf
    124.6 KB · Views: 511
Last edited:

Awesmic

Standard Donor
@866AiN999: That's a fine music selection you got there. If I may ask, what were the selections you used outside of the game's music?

synce

Great work as always. It's unfortunate some of her best combos are almost impossible in heavy lag

866AiN999

@866AiN999: That's a fine music selection you got there. If I may ask, what were the selections you used outside of the game's music?

BGM:
PHASE-4 theme
This Day And Never Again
Shingetsutan Tsukihime - Justice
Yuki Kajiura - M19+20
Fukusawa Hideyuki - Kenran/Finality
Fukusawa Hideyuki - Kengen/Great Three

ninjaguy446

Glad you like it.
Is not easy to find those BGM for this long video.
Not sure if you've used it before, but you should check out E.S Posthumus. My favorites are Kalki, Kuvera, Krosah, Lavanya, Unstoppable, and Pompeii. I feel like that type of music would really fit your combo videos.

D3taylz

Awesome vid, very creative stuff and I picked up a bunch of new ideas which I'll be able to add to my own game.

It is worth mentioning though that some of these set-ups don't work on fastest stagger escape. Just an FYI for anyone not familiar with her pokes and stun game.

Thanks for uploading.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Great compilation indeed!
Btw, like within some wall combos, you can add a 2P for more damage after 33P in the first counter hit combo shown.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Hey AiN, I would like to ask a question. During some counter-hit combos in your video, you are using 4P after you got the stun with 6PP. I understand that 4P is usefull in that way that the limbo stun it causes makes the launcher that follows unholdable.

However, have you considered to use 6P+K instead of 4P? Since both are mid punches, 6P+K excecutes faster (i20) as 4P (i22), has more damage (5 more) and gives more advantage on hit (68 compared to 51 from 4P). Another difference that might be considerable is, that 4P tracks, 6P+K not.

Or is there any other reason?

D3taylz

...is there any other reason?
Im interested in Ain's feedback too but I looked into it and 6P+K doesnt guarantee the follow-up launcher cause it's possible to escape with a critical hold. Plus any launcher after the limbo stun launches a bit higher than normal cause it hits the OPP's back, so you should be able to get a more damaging juggle combo afterward.

tokiopewpew

Standard Donor
Im interested in Ain's feedback too but I looked into it and 6P+K doesnt guarantee the follow-up launcher cause it's possible to escape with a critical hold. Plus any launcher after the limbo stun launches a bit higher than normal cause it hits the OPP's back, so you should be able to get a more damaging juggle combo afterward.

Like I said, I know that the launcher is guaranteed as soon as the limbo stun from 4P hits. It's still a bit weird, when I enable critical hold on fastest, the AI also escapes from the stun and is back at stun level 1. 4P only causes a initial stun then, which means you can't juggle after it (33K launches not high enough then and 4K whiffs because of the limbo stun animation) because the stun is not deep enough. Btw, I'm always testing on middleweight characters.

Therefore, from what I noticed, you can escape from both with critical holds.

And yes, the launch height might be something that makes 4P more worth to use, it's something I did not pay that much attention to yet.

866AiN999

You are right.
Use 6P+K after CB setup and 4P for CH1 cuz her 33P is too slow.
And if 4P don't cause foe BT then is a CH2 or CH3 guessing.
But there is a weird bug:
If you don't use 33K ASAP after 4P, foe on BT could hold it.

D3taylz

But there is a weird bug: If you don't use 33K ASAP after 4P, foe on BT could hold it.
That is crazy!!! That should not be possible at all. I'm leaving for the rest of the weekend but I will look into that more later next week. I'm totally blown away that that's even possible...

Thanks for the posting that video.

Shabozz

Hey just have a quick question with phase 4. How did you get all the timing right with her teleports? I been going through it in practice and I been having trouble on like the 16move for her combo list with all the teleport first hit. Hard after like the second and third teleport.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD