DOA5U DOA5U (ver. 1.07) HELENA - COMBO VIDEO!

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor

This video is meant to shed some light on what Helena is capable of in ver. 1.07. It goes over B&B setups, Critical Burst setups, Power launcher combos (indoors and outdoors), as well as environmental combos. All the combos displayed in the video CANNOT be stagger escaped, which means that your opponent is put in a situation where he is forced to guess and risk a hold.

I hope you find this video both informative and entertaining. ^^

Special thanks to:
Artist:Reptiles
Combo Advice: UprisingJC

日本語バージョンこちらへ: 

Requiem

Helena! :)

[Edit, nevermind, my bad!)

Only other thing I noted was the listing of A guaranteed 2-in-1 (BKO 6P4P) which is correct in NH, but where you're very likely to be landing it in CH and in CH it isn't a 2-1, so there should be a bit of wariness just throwing it out.

Still, been waiting for her to get one of these!

Last edited:

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Helena! :)

One quick note, though; 214T-BKO 6P-P is not guaranteed; the jab can be held. (Same with BKO P, you pretty much give up the hold resistant frames when you FC) It is, however, a great set up, because of its SE resistant properties.

Only other thing I noted was the listing of A guaranteed 2-in-1 (BKO 6P4P) which is correct in NH, but where you're very likely to be landing it in CH and in CH it isn't a 2-1, so there should be a bit of wariness just throwing it out.

Still, been waiting for her to get one of these!

(BKO)6PP is guaranteed
except vs. the following:
Helena/Kokoro if they crouch block
Hayabusa: pressing 8K would force a turn around
allowing him to hold
Leifang/Bayman: 9H BT hold would allow them to turn and block the 2nd hit.

I think there was one more but I cant remember ..

(EDIT: Oh yeah, Ayane's 8K ... same is true for BT H+P > 3PP in all cases I mentioned above.. Kokoro's only works vs the BT scenario)

as for Hayate's case.. it is guaranteed. Which is why I put it as such.

as for BKO 6P > P yes the P is not guaranteed... what is guaranteed is the 66H+K > BKO P in the same combo .. pls read the description carefully.

Also, yes BKO 6P4P is a natural combo only on NH ... which is the situation shown in the video.

Last edited:

Requiem

(BKO)6PP is guaranteed
except vs. the following:
Helena/Kokoro if they crouch block
Hayabusa: pressing 8K would force a turn around
allowing him to hold
Leifang/Bayman: 9H BT hold would allow them to turn and block the 2nd hit.

I think there was one more but I cant remember ..

as for Hayate's case.. it is guaranteed. Which is why I put it as such.

as for BKO 6P > P yes the P is not guaranteed... what is guaranteed is the 66H+K > BKO P .. pls read the description carefully.

Also, yes BKO 6P4P is a natural combo only on NH ... which is the situation shown in the video.
Ah, I see, my bad. I misread the top bar and didn't think of the 66H+K.

Also; yeah, I acknowledged that BKO 6P4P is correct. I merely noted that this is not a common actual occurrence in game, and that any Helena player should be ready to see that second punch countered because it happens all the time.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
You got some random ass combos in there, haha. Nice video.

The whole point is to show her full potential ... thinking out of the box when you want to set up a scenario ... not everything is mid punch .. lol

I wanted to highlight that with canceling her low kicks into BKO she can recover faster which allows her to insert moves that would not be stagger escapable, as you can see in the CB setup. :)

At the beginning you end combos with (BT):4_::P::P::2_::P::P::K:. What are the advantages ending a combo with that? I always just end with the usual slaps and go with a pseudo FT like :6: :P: or BKO :2_::K:.

Sambo Swag

Hey Emperor Cow just wanted to say thanks for making these, they're incredibly helpful for a newbie like me :)! Is it possible you could make one for Bayman sometime?

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Sambo Swag said:
Hey Emperor Cow just wanted to say thanks for making these, they're incredibly helpful for a newbie like me :)! Is it possible you could make one for Bayman sometime?

Glad you like them and find them useful. ^^

If all goes well I plan to do the whole cast. I dunno when I'll get to bayman tho. We'll see. :)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD