DOA6 Clothing Damage, Different Specs & Content, and Character Inspirations

just_me

Standard Donor
Apparently, Kayane already asked him about Sony censorship and he (unsurprisingly) said there is none. So it's just about which console has higher render resolution and other visual features.

I honestly think that most of Shimbori's statements that get people's panties in a twist are just because he doesn't understand the full context of the question and/or assumes the person asking actually knows something about DOA. Then the journos don't really understand his answer either and we get stuff like this.

Dr PaC

nobody else is worried about the 'differences in specs and content.'?
Regarding how the costume damage? Or
Apparently, Kayane already asked him about Sony censorship and he (unsurprisingly) said there is none. So it's just about which console has higher render resolution and other visual features.

I honestly think that most of Shimbori's statements that get people's panties in a twist are just because he doesn't understand the full context of the question and/or assumes the person asking actually knows something about DOA. Then the journos don't really understand his answer either and we get stuff like this.
Sometimes I feel bad for Shimbori, cuz you can tell he's trying to please his core fanbase and the people who complain about nonsense, but he needs to learn he cant please everyone and make a great game. I hope he is still following the same vision he originally had for this game. I like most of the changes he made mechanics-wise

N1ce Dreams

Regarding how the costume damage? Or

Sometimes I feel bad for Shimbori, cuz you can tell he's trying to please his core fanbase and the people who complain about nonsense, but he needs to learn he cant please everyone and make a great game. I hope he is still following the same vision he originally had for this game. I like most of the changes he made mechanics-wise
Agreed, I think he's doing a great job and he is doing his best to interact with the fan base and the media and the changes he's done I think deserve more credit than he's got so far. Hey, I like sexy, I like pretty girls, but I don't understand wtf these certain people/fans are complaining about. It's literally a joke, the game is more beautiful (and sexy) than ever. Wtf is wrong with these people?

SaihateDYNAMO

Apparently, Kayane already asked him about Sony censorship and he (unsurprisingly) said there is none.
so all this outrage was for nothing? wowww!!!!
V8LyUcZ.gif

just_me

Standard Donor
so all this outrage was for nothing? wowww!!!!

Well, it's not like this statement will change anything.
Here is the Tweet chain in question:

and you can see the 2 new predictable narratives form already in the replies:
1) Doesn't mean they didn't censor, they just censored all versions
2) the game has so little fanservice it didn't even need to be censored by Sony

Ninoasker

God I hate Twitter

Atahotaku

Of course it's gotta be Sanji the one asking worried for the ladies sex appeal. Ero cook! xD

just_me

Standard Donor
Since the Kayane interview is out, here is the full quote for context:
K : So there’s a final thing I wanted to get clarification on, about an interview where a journalist didn’t understand what you meant and accidentally created controversy.

Y. S. : Oh, I see. In an interview that was published, I said the game would be less sexy in consideration of the female players, which is totally wrong, because we know that female players in the DOA fanbase like to play strong and sexy women.​

K : I do !

Y. S. : Thank you ! So yeah, there was a clear misunderstanding about any form of censorship or whatnot. It was also mentionned that Sony imposed some form of censorship on the PS4 version, which is totally untrue. All versions will be the same and it was a huge misunderstanding.​

and to illustrate my point that Shimbori sometimes doesn't get the question, read no further than the very first question in the interview XD
K. : I wanted to ask you about the state of DOA 5 now. Are you happy with it ? Was it successful for you ?

Y. S. : Until DOA 4, someone else produced the game.​
I could also go around Twitter and the steam forums to make my point that his answer really didn't matter for the narrative XD​

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD