[DOA6] Do they upgrade characters' movement sets when they move into a new series?

NeverBe

Hi all,

I am new in this game, so I do not have much historical knowledge about the previous ones. My question is simple: do they add some new movements to each character when they move on to a new series (like from DoA3 to DoA4, DoA 4 to DoA5, DoA5 to DoA5U, or DoA5U to DoA5LR, etc)?

I do observe from trailers and videos about DoA6 that characters such as Ayane and Hitomi gain new movements. I like Phase 4 in DoA5LR, and it seems that she will re-appear in DoA6 through DLC. Nevertheless, I believe there is some room of improvement for this character, so I am hoping that they may improve her with some new movements (such that maybe she will have more tools opening up her opponents, or defend herself) in this new series.

just_me

Standard Donor
Well yes, movesets do change between (main) iterations. You usually get a handful of new moves (except if you are Ein of Gen Fu) others might get cut and previously cut moves might make a return etc. And of course, some properties might change.

The degree of change varies between chars and DoA6 seems to be on the more conservative side in this regard overall… looks like newer characters get a bit more of an overhaul than established ones, but that's hard to tell atm especially since everything is still WIP and new stuff might pop up from one dev build to the next.

NeverBe

I really hope they can improve Phase 4's moveset. It does not have to be OP, but more viable and well-rounded.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD