DOA6 Gameplay Thread

GarryJaune

You are literally doing what people did for all the games I listed. Hear about auto combos, try it out "without actually playing the game in depth", and started to say the game is superficial.

All your other complaints are just parts of the never ending cycle for new fighting games. The new mechanics will be bad while the ones from the previous game was better. The new system, which has not been thoroughly been explored yet, sucks because it doesn't play like the old game so it is missing mechanics.

I'm just assuming here but I'm pretty sure people did the same when DOA5 was released.

Guess its a 3D fighter community mindset but the auto combo = "hard to take a fighting game seriously" is weird. DOA6 still plays like DOA but they just added a flashy auto combo. Other games have auto combos and people still take them seriously.
and you are literally protecting DOA6 without your own thought,I love this game I pre-ordered it and I played demo finding that this game is not good enough,and that's it.
If you wanna argue with me,That's my pleasure,give your own thoughts of DOA system out and we talk,If you just wanna judge me or trolling,I'm done with you:p

Raansu

What's the fundamental difference between an “Auto Combo” and any other Natural Combo in a 3D Fighter anyway?
How does something like Hayabusa's H+K,K,K (which you can also perform by just pressing H+K 3 times) or AAs and BBs in SC not meet the definition of Auto Combo?

In all honesty, nothing really. DoA has never been difficult in the input department.

GarryJaune said:
well I think this "return to older DoA "is a mistake,clearly DOA series' mechanics were perfecting in these recent years,in older DOA we saw too many broke mechanics like 3way hold,like wall game in 3&4,like unbalanced FT in 4 etc,

3 way hold wasn't broke in doa3. It worked fine. Neither was the wall game in DoA3. In 4 SE just made the wall game non existent so I dunno how you think it was broke in 4. I don't think FT is unbalanced in either 4 or 5 outside of a small number of characters being able to utilize it in a ridiculous way, but that has more to do with how tech animation locks work, which again is why I'm fine with the approach they are taking in 6 with the ground game. I have nothing against how they work in 4 and 5 in terms of mechanics nor do I think they are broken, I just simply dislike the mechanic.

GarryJaune said:
the point is,DOA5LR became one of the most balanced fighting games among all FTGs,and THE most balanced version in DOA series,you can't deny that bro.

I kind of can deny it since, ya know opinions are a thing. I still consider DoA3 the better DoA and I consider DoA5 vanilla, with the patch that came out before Ultimate launched to be a superior version of DoA5. I actually didn't like the regressions LR made.

GarryJaune said:
DOA5LR's fighting system does have problems but still,it is the best among all DOA series

Debatable.

GarryJaune said:
So why would KT abandon DOA's core mechanics?like SE like CB in 5 etc

No one really knew SE even existed till DoA4 when its mechanics became obvious. It was around since DoA2 (I dunno about DoA1, but it probably was) but it was hardly a core mechanic in DoA2 or 3. The way it functioned wasn't even the same as it was in 4 and 5, and honestly it was just a bad mechanic. You have the hold system to get out of stuns, SE just negated the neutral game even more by making small stuns like Hitomi's low sweep from being +5 to being -1 with SE. That is dumb.

CB? Who cares at this point? It was just an extra hit that you just basically treat like a launcher and it really didn't have much depth to it. It's purpose was really just to guarantee PB's and I find the new break blow mechanic to be significantly better and more involved than the PB's which are rarely used in high level play.

GarryJaune said:
All these changes as far as I see,is for serving the SSSS auto combo,believe or not,if SE existed,S attack's practicability gonna be much lower than now which I'd like to see in future.

SE would have done nothing to fatal rush because it has its own unique stun that requires meter to escape out of. You're focusing way too hard on this single mechanic which is beyond silly. Most players wont even use the full string. I see most just using the first two hits, free canceling and utilizing the stun to get a guaranteed launcher into a BB combo juggle.

GarryJaune said:
And let's talk about SE,the most useful point of this mechanic is not for sit down stun bro,actually it's for small stuns in neutral game,like lee's P6P,everyone's low sweeps etc.

Which I fundamentally disagree with. Improve your neutral game.

GarryJaune said:
In fact if you're eaten a sit down stun or any deep stuns(over 25 frames)in match,SE might save you lol but it does give high level players one more choice in stun games,which I think it's a watershed of noob&pro.

You had your chance to win the neutral game, you had your chance to hold out of it. The option of SE shouldn't exist to let you get out of those deep stuns.

GarryJaune said:
For auto combo,DOA6 just remove it without a hesitate,and the outcome is,high level players now share same choices with noobs,if you're stun ,then hold. well that's just back to my opinion again,campare with DOA5,DOA6 is much more superficial ;)

Again, you're giving too much to the FR which isn't all that strong from what we know about them.

If anyone wants to take a look at Marie-Rose's new strings.

lol interesting animation for a SS attack.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

If anyone wants to take a look at Marie-Rose's new strings.
Lol so they gave Marie Rose a Chun Li heavy Kikoken style sidestep attack, I love it. xD The second new attack looks loosely like Lilis Dew Glide into 2,1 command, and that spinning knee also basically looks like Lili's f3 circle knee attack <3 I love that they gave her her BTed 2K as an in string sweep too, and I love that PKK string

GarryJaune

In all honesty, nothing really. DoA has never been difficult in the input department.

3 way hold wasn't broke in doa3. It worked fine. Neither was the wall game in DoA3. In 4 SE just made the wall game non existent so I dunno how you think it was broke in 4. I don't think FT is unbalanced in either 4 or 5 outside of a small number of characters being able to utilize it in a ridiculous way, but that has more to do with how tech animation locks work, which again is why I'm fine with the approach they are taking in 6 with the ground game. I have nothing against how they work in 4 and 5 in terms of mechanics nor do I think they are broken, I just simply dislike the mechanic.

I kind of can deny it since, ya know opinions are a thing. I still consider DoA3 the better DoA and I consider DoA5 vanilla, with the patch that came out before Ultimate launched to be a superior version of DoA5. I actually didn't like the regressions LR made.

Debatable.

No one really knew SE even existed till DoA4 when its mechanics became obvious. It was around since DoA2 (I dunno about DoA1, but it probably was) but it was hardly a core mechanic in DoA2 or 3. The way it functioned wasn't even the same as it was in 4 and 5, and honestly it was just a bad mechanic. You have the hold system to get out of stuns, SE just negated the neutral game even more by making small stuns like Hitomi's low sweep from being +5 to being -1 with SE. That is dumb.

CB? Who cares at this point? It was just an extra hit that you just basically treat like a launcher and it really didn't have much depth to it. It's purpose was really just to guarantee PB's and I find the new break blow mechanic to be significantly better and more involved than the PB's which are rarely used in high level play.

SE would have done nothing to fatal rush because it has its own unique stun that requires meter to escape out of. You're focusing way too hard on this single mechanic which is beyond silly. Most players wont even use the full string. I see most just using the first two hits, free canceling and utilizing the stun to get a guaranteed launcher into a BB combo juggle.

Which I fundamentally disagree with. Improve your neutral game.

You had your chance to win the neutral game, you had your chance to hold out of it. The option of SE shouldn't exist to let you get out of those deep stuns.

Again, you're giving too much to the FR which isn't all that strong from what we know about them.

lol interesting animation for a SS attack.
1,I'm not saying neatral game bro,I'm talking about system depth.
2,hitomi's low sweep normal hit -1 when opponent fastest SE could be a balance consideration,she has too many good strings within a low sweep change,I challenge my memory that many characters lowsweep half hit,when opponent fastest SE,could be negative。It's fair to hitomi anyway
3,recent matches,high level players still play DOA6 as a DOA5,that mislead you think FR is useless
4,dude,DOA3 is a broke fighting game,bass 6P guarantees 70% damage,lee 66K plus at least 5,hayate's invincible SS...ect that game was nice,but too far from a serious fighting game
5,CB system encourages player play more stun games,while DOA6 remove it and set same lunch height in stun seems like really go against this method,which is more like tekken now I think

Last edited:

Raansu

1,I'm not saying neatral game bro,I'm talking about system depth.
2,hitomi's low sweep normal hit -1 when opponent fastest SE could be a balance consideration,she has too many good strings within a low sweep change,I challenge my memory that many characters lowsweep half hit,when opponent fastest SE,could be negative。It's fair to hitomi anyway
3,recent matches,high level players still play DOA6 as a DOA5,that mislead you think FR is useless
4,dude,DOA3 is a broke fighting game,bass 6P guarantees 70% damage,lee 66K plus at least 5,hayate's invincible SS...ect that game was nice,but too far from a serious fighting game

In what way is it fair that Hitomi's sweeps can be pushed to -1 on hit? Her sweeps are extremely slow and easy to block. You can fuzzy guard with zero fear of her sweeps because her string can only go either low or high.

I'm not mislead by anything with FR. We know exactly what they are. They are all high attacks, they are all extremely slow, they are all super unsafe on block, and their damage is horrible. You're giving too much credit to a mechanic that is not that great.

DoA3 was not a broken fighting game lol. The only thing that was bugged was Hayates SS which was banned in tournaments. Everything else was balanced and competitively it was the best iteration in the franchise.

GarryJaune

In what way is it fair that Hitomi's sweeps can be pushed to -1 on hit? Her sweeps are extremely slow and easy to block. You can fuzzy guard with zero fear of her sweeps because her string can only go either low or high.

I'm not mislead by anything with FR. We know exactly what they are. They are all high attacks, they are all extremely slow, they are all super unsafe on block, and their damage is horrible. You're giving too much credit to a mechanic that is not that great.

DoA3 was not a broken fighting game lol. The only thing that was bugged was Hayates SS which was banned in tournaments. Everything else was balanced and competitively it was the best iteration in the franchise.
nah,if you can deal with hitomi's strings by fuzzy that easily,she wouldn't be a good character lol. actually she can free cancel and change strings,like 6PK and you fuzzy and she can just 6PK again,and you have to guess I'm I right? Her strings always have good delayable frames thus making her annoying lol,especially online games.

human013

and you are literally protecting DOA6 without your own thought,I love this game I pre-ordered it and I played demo finding that this game is not good enough,and that's it.
If you wanna argue with me,That's my pleasure,give your own thoughts of DOA system out and we talk,If you just wanna judge me or trolling,I'm done with you:p
Not randomly agreeing with a person who barely spent time with the game is not the same as protecting DOA6.

The reasons you gave for DOA6 not being good enough are as superficial as you claim the game itself to be. Auto combos have been dealt with enough and if my example with the list of games didn't make my point then there is no need to discuss it. You are just repeating everything everyone has said about auto combos in every game that ever had them. You say force techs have been removed but others say its still there but just changed. You couldn't figure it out but another did. You say DOA6 is bad because you can't recreate DOA5 in it. DOA6 is not DOA5. As shown in the matches, DOA6 still plays like a DOA game.

DOA6 is bad because I can't play it like DOA5. DOA5 is bad because I can't play it like DOA4. 4 is bad because I can't play it like 3 and so on. People do this for every game so when you use this logic as a reason then it doesn't have much weight. Especially when you don't have in depth knowledge of the system yet.

Raansu

nah,if you can deal with hitomi's strings by fuzzy that easily,she wouldn't be a good character lol. actually she can free cancel and change strings,like 6PK and you fuzzy and she can just 6PK again,and you have to guess I'm I right? Her strings always have good delayable frames thus making her annoying lol,especially online games.

Three things here.

1.) Hitomi really isn't that strong. Any Hitomi main will tell you that. She's pretty mediocre in DoA5.

2.) If she's free canceling her strings, you literally only need to jab and you will beat out the majority of anything she could possibly do after free canceling. Hitomi isn't that fast. She can't free cancel all willy nilly and get away with it. Its why you play the zoning game with her.

3.) Online BS isn't a validation of if a character is good or not. Yes Hitomi....along with everyone else can be super annoying and can get away with a lot of crap because if there's even a small amount of lag, doing basic things like fuzzy guarding becomes nearly impossible.

GarryJaune

Not randomly agreeing with a person who barely spent time with the game is not the same as protecting DOA6.

The reasons you gave for DOA6 not being good enough are as superficial as you claim the game itself to be. Auto combos have been dealt with enough and if my example with the list of games didn't make my point then there is no need to discuss it. You are just repeating everything everyone has said about auto combos in every game that ever had them. You say force techs have been removed but others say its still there but just changed. You couldn't figure it out but another did. You say DOA6 is bad because you can't recreate DOA5 in it. DOA6 is not DOA5. As shown in the matches, DOA6 still plays like a DOA game.

DOA6 is bad because I can't play it like DOA5. DOA5 is bad because I can't play it like DOA4. 4 is bad because I can't play it like 3 and so on. People do this for every game so when you use this logic as a reason then it doesn't have much weight. Especially when you don't have in depth knowledge of the system yet.
its always good to see a game being better,the fact is changing could be good or bad.I'm kinda worry because DOA6 seems like not being good to me,just like musou warriors 9,abandoned too many older mechanics and failed.

another thing,of course you can FT in DOA6 ,2 ground hit FT remains,but the timing become extremely strict that you can hardly give your opponents conscious pressure.unless they hit a button after a ground hit,well if they don't,they could lie on floor and see what you gonna do safely.I don't think this is fair to offensive side player.

GarryJaune

To the guys complaining, you keep forgetting one thing: This is NOT the final build. Changes will be made. So chill out before things get out of hand, and mods come in and shut this thread down l0l
lol yeah,definitely,I still have confidence that KT gonna adjust DOA6 properly.
actually there are several great new mechanics in DOA6 too ,like juggle rebounce(I like this most),new danger zoom etc
and the graphic looking great too

Einzelkind

Without having played the game, most of the changes seen so far seem for the better. The lack of stagger escaping, smaller stun threshold and return to a (mostly ?) universal launch height will impact the way the game is played a lot - more than any autocombo or meter management. I haven't seen a lot of video footage of doa6's ground game, but I think doa4 style force techs could work in a healthy system that features plenty of other options for guaranteed damage and doesn't revolve around them completely. In 4 they became a problem, because only a select few characterss could use them while the majority had pretty much no tools at all. I also haven't seen much sidestapping applied in actual matches, so it's hard for me to judge how the changes will affect the way the game is played. But in general, more useful sidestepping is always welcome in my opinion - it's a 3d game after all.

Some other changes I hope to see are more safe moves and more plus frames compared to 5, not neccesseraly on string enders, but on strikes for sure. I also think Fatal Rush should use half the bar of meter. It's too spamable. And I really hope those are not the final movesets for the characters revealed so far, because those changes are just lazy. It feels a little like they didn't want to invest any money into new animations, so most changes so far are just new string variations with recycled animations. In doa5 most characters felt really "fresh" compared to 4. Everyone got something new to make them more unique. Not seeing any of that in 6 so far.

Btw: isn't it time to open the character sub-forums? I think there's enough information out already to have discussions about characters-specific gameplay.

Last edited:

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Summarising and trying not to be biased about a single thing in this argument that has randomly formed in the thread:
  • They've shifted the game a lil so that neutral doesn't look like a damn Stun-Hold festival and I'm for it.
  • Ground game is still untapped. Can't complain about something literally nobody has ANY real knowledge of.
  • Meter is fine in my opinion since you still have to manage it well to utilize it "correctly". If it didn't grow as quickly as it currently does then you wouldn't be able to get out of FR at all. AT ALL. Use ya brains.
  • FT may no longer even be a universal "if it hits grounded it will tech" system. Characters may have specific FT attacks/strings now. And as far as what we have seen from Zack goes, _2KKKKK is no longer one of them. But 2K:K could be. Nobody has had time to study it at all so from an outside perspective it cannot be judged. Even if you played it for 20 minutes. It cannot be judged.
  • Let us figure out the game, and how it TRULY works when it comes out. I say this because even pro players like Tanii and Air-Gear are playing the game with just core knowledge of DOA. They're doing well, but you can clearly see that even they don't fully know what's going on. This game is still DOA but it's inherently different to the older ones. But if you know DOA it still won't take away from your current skill. Don't study DOA5 now and try to carry over the specifics to DOA6. You'll get lost. Get the game, play the story (I know.), practice. THEN form your analytical (not emotional) opinion and impressions.
  • Don't get my thread locked. I'm tryna make this the only Gameplay/New Tech/Balance Discussion thread. Currently it's looking to be a great platform to voice opinions, and that is fine. Just don't take it out of hand, y'all. I'm actually proud of this shit and it's inspired me to try harder to be informative to the community on the gameplay side of things for DOA6, and I'll even start trying to voice your (not yet) issues to TN themselves, because I know they do listen. Let's get it!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Summarising and trying not to be biased about a single thing in this argument that has randomly formed in the thread:
  • They've shifted the game a lil so that neutral doesn't look like a damn Stun-Hold festival and I'm for it.
  • Ground game is still untapped. Can't complain about something literally nobody has ANY real knowledge of.
  • Meter is fine in my opinion since you still have to manage it well to utilize it "correctly". If it didn't grow as quickly as it currently does then you wouldn't be able to get out of FR at all. AT ALL. Use ya brains.
  • FT may no longer even be a universal "if it hits grounded it will tech" system. Characters may have specific FT attacks/strings now. And as far as what we have seen from Zack goes, _2KKKKK is no longer one of them. But 2K:K could be. Nobody has had time to study it at all so from an outside perspective it cannot be judged. Even if you played it for 20 minutes. It cannot be judged.
  • Let us figure out the game, and how it TRULY works when it comes out. I say this because even pro players like Tanii and Air-Gear are playing the game with just core knowledge of DOA. They're doing well, but you can clearly see that even they don't fully know what's going on. This game is still DOA but it's inherently different to the older ones. But if you know DOA it still won't take away from your current skill. Don't study DOA5 now and try to carry over the specifics to DOA6. You'll get lost. Get the game, play the story (I know.), practice. THEN form your analytical (not emotional) opinion and impressions.
  • Don't get my thread locked. I'm tryna make this the only Gameplay/New Tech/Balance Discussion thread. Currently it's looking to be a great platform to voice opinions, and that is fine. Just don't take it out of hand, y'all. I'm actually proud of this shit and it's inspired me to try harder to be informative to the community on the gameplay side of things for DOA6, and I'll even start trying to voice your (not yet) issues to TN themselves, because I know they do listen. Let's get it!
I was waiting for you to go off and I'm glad you did xD

I hope eventually they address or explain the ground game since it baffles me because FTs don't seem to work anymore like they did before. Everything else im fine with, I'm happy CBs are gone tho since it takes away the stress of being stunned and it makes it less a relay to see who can get a CB, and I love how the threshold for stun is shorter too

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I was waiting for you to go off and I'm glad you did xD

I hope eventually they address or explain the ground game since it baffles me because FTs don't seem to work anymore like they did before. Everything else im fine with, I'm happy CBs are gone tho since it takes away the stress of being stunned and it makes it less a relay to see who can get a CB, and I love how the threshold for stun is shorter too
Had to do it to em xD

Yeah CBs needed to go. Definitely couldn't have made a return with the inclusion of Fatal Rush and the whole Break system. Lmaoooo give would be "GHOAD" meaning Get Hit Once And Die instead of DOA lmaooooo.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD