DOA6 Gameplay Thread

d3v

oh well I know that,it usually happens in wall games,or some charactors' pseudo force-tech set ups
but my post is for DOA6,all this shits are gone in DOA6,like your example ryu's 6T full wall splat set ups,it's gone,they could WUK ryu's ass if ryu dares to 7K,boom counter hit:rolleyes:
As @EMPEROR_COW mentioned in his thread, the changed ground game may be good thing, considering the amount of damage you can get out of combos now, with all the options. That kind of ground game may have been more necessary in previous games where you needed deep stuns to get big guaranteed damage. In 6, you can now get creative and do all sorts of damage thanks to stun-launch combos, fatal stun, and BBCs.

GarryJaune

As @EMPEROR_COW mentioned in his thread, the changed ground game may be good thing, considering the amount of damage you can get out of combos now, with all the options. That kind of ground game may have been more necessary in previous games where you needed deep stuns to get big guaranteed damage. In 6, you can now get creative and do all sorts of damage thanks to stun-launch combos, fatal stun, and BBCs.
saw his thread,great article and liked
well due to the difference of understanding,I don't think all these simplifications are good.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
oh well I know that,it usually happens in wall games,or some charactors' pseudo force-tech set ups
but my post is for DOA6,all this shits are gone in DOA6,like your example ryu's 6T full wall splat set ups,it's gone,they could WUK ryu's ass if ryu dares to 7K,boom counter hit:rolleyes:

If unholdables are still in the game, then this is likely still present too (least it should so I don't see why not). But you could still stop someone's wake up kick if you find the timing of moves the moment they touch the ground when they are not invincible anymore. When someone is mashing wake up kicks on the ground and a 2P or 2K connects, it'll be counted as a 1-hit force get up. You just can't force tech someone with a single hard hitting ground strike anymore even when you sleep on the ground doing nothing, so you have to resort to pseudo get ups (which is pretty reasonable).

An example in DOA5 would be:

Full wall splat > 33P+K = Failed
Full wall splat > 4P (during the state for when they start sliding down the wall and then into the ground) > 33P+K = Success - Could be considered No-timing setups.

Only difference in DOA6 is that a hard hitting move like a 33P+K from some character hitting the ground won't force them up so you'd replace that with a 2P which you'll have to do it twice, but if an opponent tries to wake up kick there and you found a setup that hits them perfectly with hardly any timing, you only need *1* 2P.

Last edited:

GarryJaune

If unholdables are still in the game, then this is likely still present too (least it should so I don't see why not). But you could still stop someone's wake up kick if you find the timing of moves the moment they touch the ground when they are not invincible anymore. When someone is mashing wake up kicks on the ground and a 2P or 2K connects, it'll be counted as a 1-hit force get up. You just can't force tech someone with a single hard hitting ground strike anymore even when you sleep on the ground doing nothing, so you have to resort to pseudo get ups (which is pretty reasonable).

An example in DOA5 would be:

Full wall splat > 33P+K = Failed
Full wall splat > 4P (during the state for when they start sliding down the wall and then into the ground) > 33P+K = Success - Could be considered No-timing setups.

Only difference in DOA6 is that a hard hitting move like a 33P+K from some character hitting the ground won't force them up so you'd replace that with a 2P which you'll have to do it twice, but if an opponent tries to wake up kick there and you found a setup that hits them perfectly with hardly any timing, you only need *1* 2P.
dude, I know exactly what you wanna tell me,I know this trick and I do it a lot in DOA5's game.
the point is ,things have been changed In DOA6,the ground invincible frames is much longer than you imagine,it's longer than DOA5LR(already too long I think)

In DOA5,Zack 6K2K normal hit could knockdown opponents and force them guessing whether they should tech up because if they don't they will get hit by 2KKKKK and force-teched,in DOA6 same situation,they could lie on the floor and WUK even Zack 2KKKKK in first time.Zack's first kick will whiff and get kicked in the face.And same to your examples too.It‘s not about one or two hits could tech them up,it is about can you really hit them on the ground.
In DOA6 all these ground mind games are fvcking gone,It's like,you finish a big combo ,and you could just get back and back to neural game again. Ops maybe bayman's close wall pseudo force-tech still there tho,meanwhile it's ground throws I didn't have time test it,so maybe,these charactors with ground throws may have a chance.

We can see that in late DOA5LR high level matches,this game's rhythm is getting much more slower due to the ground protection,it's already very hard to perform a continuous pressure after a juggle,so players have to focus on spacing and punishing.1 minute is usually not enough for a game for god sakes.And this is getting worse in DOA6.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
dude, I know exactly what you wanna tell me,I know this trick and I do it a lot in DOA5's game.
the point is ,things have been changed In DOA6,the ground invincible frames is much longer than you imagine,it's longer than DOA5LR(already too long I think).

People will still find a way though. Regardless, I have more faith now compared to how it was previously when the neutral step was gone. The game hasn't even been released yet so it's not in everyone's hands to determine what's wrong and right at the moment. I was not overly optimistic for the mechanics previously either until Matt and Cow dropped more info.

1 minute is usually not enough for a game for god sakes.And this is getting worse in DOA6.

I mean, we won't know till it's in our hands when barely anybody else has tried the game :).

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Isn't a greater focus on this bit, aka the neutral game, what most long time players have been asking for?

Seems to me like this is more a matter of preference over any actual issues.

I mean, clearly it's all about Zack of course.

Raansu

I personally don't see that as a bad thing, but I also hate how FT worked in 4 and 5.

GarryJaune

I mean, clearly it's all about Zack of course.

lol nah,it's about every charactors' ability of continuous pressure, Zack is just a typical example of ...“reseters”? whom lived for this .lol I dunno how to describe his style correctly but I could change him to Helena too so hope you get my point lol.anyway I think ground game is the best way to encourage offensive fighting style while Doa6 are trying to go against this way tho.

basically in Doa5LR I want to be a offensive player but I cant,cause TN teach me not to take the risk.It's kinda dull that they teach me how to play this game correctly.
hmmmm,seems like Doa6 would be a more defensive game to me

Last edited:

Raansu

lol nah,it's about every charactors' ability of continuous pressure, Zack is just a typical example of ...“reseters”? whom lived for this .lol I dunno how to describe his style correctly but I could change him to Helena too so hope you get my point lol.anyway I think ground game is the best way to encourage offensive fighting style while Doa6 are trying to go against this way tho.

basically in Doa5LR I want to be a offensive player but I'm cant,cause TN teach me not to take the risk.It's kinda dull that they teach me how to play this game correctly.
hmmmm,seems like Doa6 would be a more defensive game to me

you can literally juggle someone, BB cancel into an unholdable stun and juggle them again....there is more than enough continuous pressure. Having DoA5's ground game after all that would be obnoxious. I'm glad its going back to more of a doa2/3 style of a reset to give both sides a bit of a breather.

Also, Helena FT in DoA4 and 5 vanilla was stupid broken. Good riddance to that system.

Brute

Standard Donor
The DOA5 ground game was basically just another stun game due to the way blenders worked. The character distribution was also dumb. Zack, for example, had an insanely good neutral game and offensive pressure, so they were just like "Yeah, he needs this ground shit, too." Same thing for Helena. Then you get slow-ass characters like Nyo who can be really tricky to open someone up, and what does her ground game look like? "Her FT options should be some of the worst in the game." Yeah, sure. Great system.

I'm all in favor of doing away with DOA5's shitty ground game.

GarryJaune

you can literally juggle someone, BB cancel into an unholdable stun and juggle them again....there is more than enough continuous pressure. Having DoA5's ground game after all that would be obnoxious. I'm glad its going back to more of a doa2/3 style of a reset to give both sides a bit of a breather.

Also, Helena FT in DoA4 and 5 vanilla was stupid broken. Good riddance to that system.
lol yes she did,so TN fixed her in DOA5U,she was fine.
Personally Doa5U's ground game was the best.

To Doa6 that BB cancel,well I think it's not that frequently used cause you need full meter first and then successfully hit your opponent,so I'm fine with it

ps:TN forgot to fix alpha&bass lol

GarryJaune

The DOA5 ground game was basically just another stun game due to the way blenders worked. The character distribution was also dumb. Zack, for example, had an insanely good neutral game and offensive pressure, so they were just like "Yeah, he needs this ground shit, too." Same thing for Helena. Then you get slow-ass characters like Nyo who can be really tricky to open someone up, and what does her ground game look like? "Her FT options should be some of the worst in the game." Yeah, sure. Great system.

I'm all in favor of doing away with DOA5's shitty ground game.
what a bad example,tengu has dirty set-ups close to a wall just like Bayman,when in open place she could use 7P or 9P get rid of WUKs easily and punish her opponents too.
How could you get that "worst" conclusion?dude did you really play this character deeply?

yes she's kinda mediocre charactor match-ups ,I'm not saying she's OP or something,but that does not mean she fucked up in DOA5 OK?she does have tools,and she's a painful charactor too,which has totally different play style comparing to helena 、zack or others dude.

Personally,the only fucked up characters are honoka&pai,even though both girls in some small maps could be dangerous too

GarryJaune

TN fixed her and Zack in DOA6.

Personally Doa5U's ground game was not the best.
and the fun part is,it's not for zack&helena my friend,all charators would been "fixed"(bass may have a chance)in DOA6,leifang,ayane,ryu....all of them,lose their ground games lol,in TGS build demo.
what a fix up:cool:

GarryJaune

Or you could just wait till you get your hands on the game. That works too you know.
shim said they are focussing on finishing the game ,not charactor balance&system details,so yeah,I still have faith on them too,just like you.
But that TGS demo ?prffff

oh well,the graphic looks nicer,though dirt&sweat on face looks stupid

Brute

Standard Donor
and the fun part is,it's not for zack&helena my friend,all charators would been "fixed"(bass may have a chance)in DOA6,leifang,ayane,ryu....all of them,lose their ground games lol,in TGS build demo.
what a fix up:cool:
You say this sarcastically, but I don't want Haybusa's ground game from DOA5 back. Why would anyone? That shit was dumb on both ends.

As for Tengu, I never claimed she didn't have FTs or oki options. I said that her options relative to characters with stronger neutral were also weaker. And that's true. Only an idiot would conclude that Nyo had an oki blender with versatility and impact comparable to Helena or Zack.

Reactions: d3v
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD