DOA6 Gameplay Thread

GarryJaune

You only can relaunch someone off the ground when they make the mistake of getting up using backroll when they're face up head towards. Not from every single position and roll of the Okizeme.

LMAO 66P+K as Zack's best launcher after CB is true, but who will be using this move on a stunned enemy when there's 8K, 9K, 66K, 33P, 33KK, 33KP, 3P+K, 214P, (Duck)K, (Duck)P+K, 3PP, and 8P as better viable launchers in the current system? CB didn't help Zack just because he could do 66P+K after it. 8 times out of 10, 66P+K would push your enemy into a walls so it almost wasn't worth it unless you knew you had the space to do so. The move isn't useless, you can use it in unholdable situations, but WHY should Zack players use this shit when there's better lol,

It's almost as if a lot of man didn't watch Tanii tear shit with Zack in the DOA6 EVO tournament. 6PKK is unholdable in stun now in DOA6 which is major buffs for Zack. Like... MAJOR buffs. 3PPP is safe on block. They took away the easy FTs and literally buffed everything else about him. I didn't play Zack with CBs in DOA5, they were wack and too readable. Current Zack with stun launch will be disgusting because in Zack's case its stun-mixup. I have like 3 beneficial options now after I stun an opp. Stun-Reset, Stun-Launch, and Stun-KD. 4K2 isn't as good in the game anymore, but 4K will still be a great poke. Zack's non-guaranteed FT setups are still in DOA6 as well. They just don't FT. Zack will not be bad bruh. I'm not gonna speak on how good or bad a character will be in DOA6 until I see that shit myself.
lol I mention that move to prove how CB helps,well we all know that move might hit people in normal stuns.
And I challenge my memory that in DOA5LR they nerfed zack's 6PK&PPK string,opponent can hold them normally.

oh and you said unholdable situation,can you share some good unholdable shit? maybe in zack's charactor forms not here,but the only good one I can tell is in-juggle 6KK 2P.I can't find any good set-ups after wall splat .

Radiance

I don't think stun mixup characters are going to be that strong this time around. Reduced stun threshold hold means they have to opt for stun/launch, and I don't see much of a reason to go for a reset situation when you can just get max launch height off a single stun to get your max damage juggle. There's still going to be a stun game, but clearly not heavily emphasized like in DOA4/5 and seems to be more of an unnecessary risk in this game. Characters like Zack and Christie however will be strong in the neutral having i11 mids and i9/i10 jabs.

TN need to fix weaker characters in this game to be tournament viable starting with Brad fucking Wong. Christie went from low tier in DOA4 to top tier in DOA5, no reason why Brad can't be viable.

Reactions: d3v

Raansu

I don't think stun mixup characters are going to be that strong this time around. Reduced stun threshold hold means they have to opt for stun/launch, and I don't see much of a reason to go for a reset situation when you can just get max launch height off a single stun to get your max damage juggle. There's still going to be a stun game, but clearly not heavily emphasized like in DOA4/5 and seems to be more of an unnecessary risk in this game. Characters like Zack and Christie however will be strong in the neutral having i11 mids and i9/i10 jabs.

TN need to fix weaker characters in this game to be tournament viable starting with Brad fucking Wong. Christie went from low tier in DOA4 to top tier in DOA5, no reason why Brad can't be viable.

You don't get max height off of a stun/launch. To get max height you still have to reach the threshold, its just lower now and launch heights across the board are the same prior to the threshold.

Also, Brad is plenty viable in 5.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Brad Wong gets bullied hard in DOA5 though. Weakness to low OHs (makes sense), pretty heavy on reliance for CH baits to obtain a certain type of advantage in situations etc.

Fun bit here, Alpha has an i3 low throw that can punish Brad Wong's lows on NH without even needing to block. Lol, save that poor man's soul.

Raansu

Brad Wong gets bullied hard in DOA5 though. Weakness to low OHs (makes sense), pretty heavy on reliance for CH baits to obtain a certain type of advantage in situations etc.

Fun bit here, Alpha has an i3 low throw that can punish Brad Wong's lows on NH without even needing to block. Lol, save that poor man's soul.

Ya, but how many characters have a low OH? Its not like in doa4 where everyone had one. Wong is easily B tier, unlike in 4 where he was so bad he was in his own tier.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Ya, but how many characters have a low OH? Its not like in doa4 where everyone had one. Wong is easily B tier, unlike in 4 where he was so bad he was in his own tier.

In DOA4 he was pretty bad yeah. DOA5 was an overall improvement to what he had back in 4. He can get low punished for trying to low punish someone else in that game.

GarryJaune

BradWong definitely is a solid character,but he struggles with several extremely bad match-ups,I would say alpha&hayate

GarryJaune

I'm not a Wong player but hell I play against the drunk wolf a lot.Good BradWong players just play this game in a different way. They always try forcing you to use fast low moves or mid true tracking moves,which not every character are good at with,to real get him.And for that,most fast moves can not get him at all.
Yes Wong has bad frames,in NORMAL STANCE.In SP stance,He actually has 11f and 12f mid kick ,several frame-trap high moves and great low moves.
clearly hes not a close range type in some degrees,but Wong got many tools in neutral game ,what's more ,he is also good at spacing and force-tech too.
In my character box,I pick Rig&Hayate&Christie to deal with him,to some solid fast characters like Jann Lee,Zack,even Kasumi etc ,I think Wong is a tricky problem to them.
well this is suppose to be a DOA6 thread so I won't talk too much about a DOA5 character ,we may discuss this guy in his character form.:p

virtuaPAI

I am the reason why you are here!!!
Staff member
Administrator
But CB wasn't even all that special, least in my opinion.

The only character that was a huge benefit for it might of been Leon since he can nail a CB within a very early threshold of stun, therefore eliminating any sort of stun play he had to do which granted him a free launch once it lands. Not to mention that his CB attack had a command throw function attached which gives him another launch into the throw. For everyone else though? ehhh...

Power launchers and PBs won't be missed and somewhat feel the same way for CBs. With the way Zack is set up, he didn't even thrived off it either.

-Lmao. well ok. to set the record straght...the revert back to stun launch is not just the mere affect of being able to stun launch! Players 1st need to know the best launchers(stun dependenT...with possible environmental additions)...but the fact that using your most powerful throws as an alternative...forces your opponent to now always having to choose between whether to try and hold the launch,or now avoid getting hi-counter thrown!!! This introduces a very strong 50/50 mixup that all characters are viable to!!! This now allow each throw to have more specific uses and be employed in many particular setups!

crapoZK

Standard Donor
New stuff from the Brad and Eliot trailer:

Brad Wong
  • Has a new string from Dokuritsu-Ho K. Most likely KKK.
  • New punch from Laying Head Towards. Input is probably P+K and looks like it crushes both highs and lows. It also keeps him in LHT.
  • Handstand Face Away P+K can now hit in juggles. Finally.
  • This means LHT K8 launches higher.
  • This also means HFA KKK doesn’t drop the enemy as fast in combos.
  • Fatal Rush looks amazing.
Eliot
  • Has a Gen Fu stance that comes from (All that we’ve seen) 8P and _3P.
  • Gen Fu moves: H+K, 16P, 6PPP+K, Mid Punch Hold, Air Throw
  • New Combos:
  • (HiC) :7::P: > :8::P: > (GFS) :H+K: > :3_::P: > (GFS) :1::6::P:
  • :8::P: > (GFS) :H+K: > :3_::P: > (GFS) :6::P::P::P+K:
  • Fatal Rush looks very Gen-Fu-ish

Last edited:

GarryJaune

New stuff from the Brad and Eliot trailer:

Brad Wong
  • Has a new string from Dokuritsu-Ho K. Most likely KKK.
  • New punch from Laying Head Towards. Input is probably P+K and looks like it crushes both highs and lows. It also keeps him in LHT.
  • Handstand Face Away P+K can now hit in juggles. Finally.
  • This means LHT K8 launches higher.
  • This also means HFA KKK doesn’t drop the enemy as fast in combos.
  • Fatal Rush looks amazing.
Eliot
  • Has a Gen Fu stance that comes from (All that we’ve seen) 8P and _3P.
  • Gen Fu moves: H+K, 16P, 6PPP+K, Mid Punch Hold, Air Throw
  • New Combos:
  • (HiC) :9::P: > :8::P: > (GFS) :H+K: > :3_::P: > (GFS) :1::6::P:
  • :8::P: > (GFS) :H+K: > :3_::P: > (GFS) :6::P::P::P+K:
  • Fatal Rush looks very Gen-Fu-ish
all gen's moves need a special stance,in chinese,it's called “na qi”,so Eliot seems not that big changed

crapoZK

Standard Donor
This is the best shit I've seen for balance since the deletion of Gen Fu. More semi guaranteed stuff outside of fatal rush is needed, so I'm happy for this. Zack's 4H+K> BT 4K > 4K > 66K combo may be fully guaranteed if the enemy has no meter. Disgusting.

Last edited:

Radiance

Interesting change to sitdown stuns. They're now considered fatal stuns. I wonder if they're going to change sit down stuns for some characters. Some have so many that mind games can seem never ending (Rig). Even with break holds, it still seems like advantage is going to be in the attackers favor. Break hold, get counter hit thrown, and take the same amount of damage.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Interesting change to sitdown stuns. They're now considered fatal stuns. I wonder if they're going to change sit down stuns for some characters. Some have so many that mind games can seem never ending (Rig). Even with break holds, it still seems like advantage is going to be in the attackers favor. Break hold, get counter hit thrown, and take the same amount of damage.
That seems to be what they’re going for. It’s semi-guaranteed.

They’ve changed multiple SDS strings to no longer do what they used to (Mila 3PP, Lei 3P4P, Hayate 3PP) so the odds are that it will be only singular attacks that can cause FSDS. This is why Rig’s 7P still works. I wonder if Kokoro got Akira’s 214P (100% not). Zack used to get this SDS animation when he hit low holding opponents with certain attacks and the follow ups were guaranteed. The application in DOA6 is essentially the exact same.

Shit, Rachel needs to be in this game soon. 8K will be broke.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD