DOA6 Gameplay Thread

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Just in:
  • Why do I feel like that Hitomi wall throw is new? Ref: @0:52
  • Hayabusa's 2P is really really REALLY fast compared to what it used to be. It looks like his 1P without the twist. Ref: @1:33
  • BRUV is the REAL FSD coming back?? Notice Hitomi freestep dodge Hayabusa's 4K. This isn't a regular whiff because if Hitomi was still in this situation she would've had to block it. That's wild. Ref: @1:40
  • Hitomi's 214KPP bounces enemies. Ref: @1:54
  • Zack's PPPP looks okay, but I won't be using it as PPPK is still better. This is just for the delay mixups. PPPP or PPPK the enemies are now going to have to guess. They really gave this man ANOTHER 50/50 ending string lmaooo
  • Jabs don't stun on CH anymore. Lets hope this is the same for HiCH too. Ref: @1:15
  • Leifang's 1P+K still dodges everything ffs. Ref: @1:39
  • Break Blows can be interrupted in the late frames. Ref: @1:43
  • Zack's 3KKKK etc looks a bit slower. Like... Each kick looks 1F slower. Ref: @2:18
  • You can still get a full Break Blow off of back-turned opponents. Ayane can STILL get it. Ref: @2:32

Last edited:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
DOA 5 has a tutorial that teaches you all the mechanics in the game including SE.

DOA 5 also has Command Training for every character that goes over all of their strings with the hit level displayed at the front of the :P: and :K: inputs to indicate where your hold should be to catch them.

Raansu

• (Old news) Bokuho 66P can now be used standing, and launches on NH. (News) However now, it launches higher than it did in the EVO build?
Helena seemed kind of bugged in Evo. A lot of her standard juggles were dropping. I think this is just them fixing her launchers.

Nah, she's had that for a long time.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Nah, she's had that for a long time.
Ah, so I was just seldom seeing it. Because it looked new but also familiar. Okay, I'm not gonna edit it out so that you don't look like you're speaking to a ghost, but everyone else should know that the throw is old xD

Raansu

Ah, so I was just seldom seeing it. Because it looked new but also familiar. Okay, I'm not gonna edit it out so that you don't look like you're speaking to a ghost, but everyone else should know that the throw is old xD
lol ya it dont get used very often. You got my hopes up though. I was like oooh new thro....awwww.

GarryJaune

Just in:
  • Hayabusa's 2P is really really REALLY fast compared to what it used to be. It looks like his 1P without the twist. Ref: @1:33
  • BRUV is the REAL FSD coming back?? Notice Hitomi freestep dodge Hayabusa's 4K. This isn't a regular whiff because if Hitomi was still in this situation she would've had to block it. That's wild. Ref: @1:40
  • Hitomi's 214KPP bounces enemies. Ref: @1:54
  • Zack's PPPP looks okay, but I won't be using it as PPPK is still better. This is just for the delay mixups. PPPP or PPPK the enemies are now going to have to guess. They really gave this man ANOTHER 50/50 ending string lmaooo
  • Jabs don't stun on CH anymore. Lets hope this is the same for HiCH too. Ref: @1:15
  • Leifang's 1P+K still dodges everything ffs. Ref: @1:39
  • Break Blows can be interrupted in the late frames. Ref: @1:43
  • Zack's 3KKKK etc looks a bit slower. Like... Each kick looks 1F slower. Ref: @2:18
  • You can still get a full Break Blow off of back-turned opponents. Ayane can STILL get it. Ref: @2:32
That's a mid punch which I personally think kinda useless,semi safe I think,much like -7 guarded same with mid K,can't be charged either,worsely in juggle it's still useless
To my knowledge,Zack my man pretty suffers in DOA6 for now,cause I think he loses too many tools to reset due to the cancellation of FT,and clearly his damage does not be enough buffed.
I remember we had a discussion about his rebounce juggle right?well according to my test,that did not happen lol,sad

Dude you must had saw exhibition matches right?among whole matches,there is NO FT AT ALL,every time they wanna FT opponent,they whiffed or hitted by WUKs while in same situation of DOA5LR,they will tech them up. Neither hard knockdown,like rig‘66P,,nor juggle knowdown like rig‘s PP2KK could be potentially FT,which just like I used to worry at early threads.Ground game becoming much more ugly than DOA5LR.DOA6 's floor like a safe house now lol.What a bad news for zack.

Xhominid The Demon Within

DOA 5 has a tutorial that teaches you all the mechanics in the game including SE.

DOA 5 also has Command Training for every character that goes over all of their strings with the hit level displayed at the front of the :P: and :K: inputs to indicate where your hold should be to catch them.

DOA 5 honestly had ALOT of things other fighting game fans ask for since and despite others being able to deal with it, they usually do so by having to forcefully ingrain it or use outside materials and the reasons given make no real sense.

Just because the players that DO want to learn will find out ways to discover the right hitboxes, plus and minus frames doesn't mean everyone else will and it is kinda of a massive headache so I always like this so when I start going in for real, I make sure to watch my habits when it comes to certain moves.

It's just sad that we can even have these types of convos here and maybe the Facebook group and not much else.

XxSakuraLuvaxX

video showing kasumi's new 7KP, 7KK and 6P+KK
  • her 7KK didn't bounce like her 66KK would in a juggle despite being the same animation which is peculiar
  • she also has these teleport follow ups off of 66PP and 9PK, as well as her new BT H+K
  • curious to know if (variation of 7K) 9PKP (follow up, PP6P6K?) is possible as a juggle
  • the recovery animation on her 6P+KK looks awful, not by frame data i mean it just looks ugly
  • that person also posted this which shows that her 4KK is back to the 5 vanilla type of launch (0:15)
i swear i saw phase 4's chifu K somewhere.. possibly her new backturn H+K? i can't find the video and i'm mad

Few questions if anyone can answer.

1. What's the lifebar size in this DOA6?

2. How much damage do the auto combos do?

3. Do both players have to use the same hold system?

Raansu

I'm not sure on the first two.

Health looks like its about the same as normal in DoA5.

Haven't heard any numbers for FR, but from the looks of it, it only does about 15% damage for a full combo. It doesn't seem do to a lot, which is a good thing imo.

The hold system is based on what the match is set to, so it applies to both parties. Would be pretty dumb if it didn't. Personally I wish they would remove that option. Its pretty pointless, especially since we all know that the standard is going to be 4 point. I'll never join a 3 point hold lobby.

Odd choices. So they're willing to completely segregate the playerbase because they couldn't decide if 3 or 4 point would be best? And even though I'm against the concept of auto combos I was hoping they did more damage, as the series could use more guaranteed damage punishes. Oh well.

Raansu

Odd choices. So they're willing to completely segregate the playerbase because they couldn't decide if 3 or 4 point would be best? And even though I'm against the concept of auto combos I was hoping they did more damage, as the series could use more guaranteed damage punishes. Oh well.

Well the stun itself from fatal rush is unholdable outside of break holds, so the low damage makes sense from that perspective. Its something for beginners, while having a mechanic behind it to give better players a meta to create for forcing your opponent to choose between saving or burning their meter. Its just something to force that decision. Otherwise most would just sit on the meter.

Macca Beam

They should've just moved on to 6 way holds since 4 already felt inconsistent and unintuitive with how high/low punches and kicks are combined for no reason.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
With the amount of movekits and trying to hold moves that you might be unsure of if it's a high or mid due to animations not looking like it's suppose to, I prefer they stick with 4-way holds. 6-way holds sounds nuts at the moment with the latest tech.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD