DOA6 Gameplay Thread

Radiance

Her 9k was a sit down stun on CH which was pretty slow, move was reactable like 6F+K so had to bait your opponent to set that up. Seems like that's what they're going for.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Her 9k was a sit down stun on CH which was pretty slow, move was reactable like 6F+K so had to bait your opponent to set that up. Seems like that's what they're going for.
Yeah at least for her xD I think they're gonna switch Ayane's tho or maybe make it slower since her 4K one is pretty swift iirc, I think it was 16 but it did knock down on CH I believe

KwonJigglypuff

The throw looks better in this video than it did in her reveal trailer, where Tina's launch height wasn't very high. Lisa really is one of these characters who improved with each installment. All these new grappling options. Very solid. Can't wait to play as her.

Love the new costumes too. So far they all come with really great taste. Time to reveal something casual for Helena now!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor

So I think I figured out how the wall works, I think if you're in stun, then you get the normal wallsplat. but if it's a normal hit outside of stun then you'll get the DOA4 stun. Idk how to feel about that but at least the old DOA5 wall splat is still in I guess, even if its limited to stuns.

Idk how the Bayman stun works tho since it looks like it was NH but maybe CH was turned on in the training mode?

Raansu

Isn't it most likely that you can hold after getting hit into a breakable object, but can't hold out of getting hit into a wall?

I was assuming that too, but the Diego clip was a normal wall and it had the doa4 wall bounce off the fence. Then this clip here Byaman gets the doa5 bounce on the same stage but off the rock wall. Its inconsistent....

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Isn't it most likely that you can hold after getting hit into a breakable object, but can't hold out of getting hit into a wall?
That's the thing, in the other videos when they were hit off of walls that weren't breakable they can hold.

I'm hoping either this confirms that they changed the wall game abruptly after the backlash and complaints or that maybe the wall game could be different depending on the hold count you choose. The doa4 wallsplat can stay in 3 way hold mode while the DOA5 one can stay in 4 way hold

Einzelkind

I was assuming that too, but the Diego clip was a normal wall and it had the doa4 wall bounce off the fence. Then this clip here Byaman gets the doa5 bounce on the same stage but off the rock wall. Its inconsistent....

I hadn't seen the Diego/Rig clip before. That seems weird indeed. Maybe the object Leifang got hit into counts as a half-wall, but I guess we'll have to wait and see. Or Leifang can hold out of situations other characters can't hold out of now, because she's Leifang. :p

Radiance

Idk. Brad hit Diego with 66p in the original video and it was a NH stun which resulted in the DOA4 wall splat, Zack did the same here which gave a DOA5 splat

My thoughts are either characters are going to have specific moves that results in different types of wallsplats or like the hold system, players will be able to toggle between which type of wall splats they want before matches. Last theory is maybe it depends on the type of wall or stage.

Radiance

Okay now that they've cleared that up I like the change. You can either go for quick damage or mixups, this really helps certain characters out who cant get much from DOA5 wallsplats, also slightly changes the meta near walls.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So that means we'll have to know which attack gives what type of wall splat, but from the looks of it, slower attacks with the wallsplat ability will do the DOA5 one and faster ones seem to do the DOA4 type one. I think that's fine

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD