DOA6 Gameplay Thread

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Actual video footage of Master putting out that first wall bounce hold teaser without explaining the mechanics:

db651e61-9a26-4395-833a-8f28d9d32e62.gif

Einzelkind

It still doesn't confirm, if all of the Marie combos in the video are guaranteed or if the launcher after the smaller wall-bounce can be held, but I don't see how this is a dealbreaker in any way or negates all the positive developments we've seen so far. If anything, it makes the wall game more complex. And considering how much damage you're able to dish out in stages with a lot of hazards (e.g. the lower part of the ship stage) and that slow escaping is gone, it seems like a reasonable adjustment to the wall mechanics.

ryu_highabusa

I think its a nice mix of both. Characters have more options now.
Who has more options? Explain yourself.

Literally every character in the game now has the option of wall bounce or wall splat. lol Every character in the game has more options at the wall now.
If now half my moves cause a wall splat instead of a bounce, then I've LOST options, not gained. Unless you think the option of being held is a good one. So, again, please explain how you have "more" options.

Last edited:

onelasttime

cant taunt after a ko either.
THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY! It was like this in the Alpha Beta for DO5 vanilla and I remember writing in the survey that there needs to be time to taunt after a round- they did end up changing this! Unsure if I was the only one who wrote in about that.

Is there a survey after this online test? If we all rally behind specific issues we find we could probably get some changes made.

EDIT: Here is the survey https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/doa6_onlinebeta_na

Last edited:

Raansu

THIS DRIVES ME CRAZY! It was like this in the Alpha Beta for DO5 vanilla and I remember writing in the survey that there needs to be time to taunt after a round- they did end up changing this! Unsure if I was the only one who wrote in about that.

Is there a survey after this online test? If we all rally behind specific issues we find we could probably get some changes made.

EDIT: Here is the survey https://www.gamecity.ne.jp/form/doa6_onlinebeta_na

Oh ya, I do remember in early DoA5 the KO was like this.

Macca Beam

I just looked at the Abu Dhabi footages again and you were able to hit KO'd opponents/taunt after a KO there. They must've taken it out for... reasons

crapoZK

Standard Donor
Advice for the final game:
  • Implement a ground game immediately. The lack of one is quite jarring as the get-up animation is very very quick for WUKs. You basically can’t even hit your enemy on the ground if they stay there for longer than they should, because of the sheer risk of your enemy using iFrames to counter your shit.
  • Bring back overkills. I need to disrespect my enemies.
  • Break Blows should stop the clock. Imagine making a clutch BB play with 3 seconds left on the clock. It would kill if you had more time. But you run out and you end up losing the round. RIP
  • Especially for DOA6, I have gripes with preround movement. Unlike DOA5, where people dash in like crazy to hit their trusty 6Ps, in DOA6 people dash in to mash their FATAL RUSH. For this reason alone there should be no forward or backward movement before rounds. For DOA6 it’s whoever can hit S first in the lower ranks, which is ass.
  • Matchmaking should have an OPTIONAL region lock. As we know the connection indications in DOA6 right now are inconsistent. Optional Region locking should make the game have an easier time putting us with people with reliable connections.
  • I hope they bring back throwdowns.
The game is crazy stupid fun, but this is my feedback. I’m going to send it around to the right people too. I hope people agree with me lmaoo

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Advice for the final game:
  • Implement a ground game immediately. The lack of one is quite jarring as the get-up animation is very very quick for WUKs. You basically can’t even hit your enemy on the ground if they stay there for longer than they should, because of the sheer risk of your enemy using iFrames to counter your shit.
  • Bring back overkills. I need to disrespect my enemies.
  • Break Blows should stop the clock. Imagine making a clutch BB play with 3 seconds left on the clock. It would kill if you had more time. But you run out and you end up losing the round. RIP
  • Especially for DOA6, I have gripes with preround movement. Unlike DOA5, where people dash in like crazy to hit their trusty 6Ps, in DOA6 people dash in to mash their FATAL RUSH. For this reason alone there should be no forward or backward movement before rounds. For DOA6 it’s whoever can hit S first in the lower ranks, which is ass.
  • Matchmaking should have an OPTIONAL region lock. As we know the connection indications in DOA6 right now are inconsistent. Optional Region locking should make the game have an easier time putting us with people with reliable connections.
  • I hope they bring back throwdowns.
The game is crazy stupid fun, but this is my feedback. I’m going to send it around to the right people too. I hope people agree with me lmaoo
I agree with some stuff in your post but I disagree with the overkill & region lock. Disrespect your opponent mid match if you have the balls lmao. The regionlock seems dumb since only playing against people from Europe is just stupid.

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I agree with some stuff in your post but I disagree with the overkill & region lock. Disrespect your opponent mid match if you have the balls lmao. The regionlock seems dumb since only playing against people from Europe is just stupid.
My entire playstyle is built off of having max level of disrespect to my opponent (never personal), so I do that all the time lmaooo. There's just something DOA6 is missing if I can't 2KKKKK your corpse kek.

Region settings were in DOA5, which is why I wanted to bring it back. With Same, Nearby and All. DOA6 as it stands is basically set to all. Which isn't an issue, but the option should be there. From an EU perspective it might be "stupid", but on a worldwide scale it's calm a wider search criteria is better for the most part. What shouldn't be included in the search criteria for ranked is Rank restrictions, as the matchmaking is actually pretty solid from what we've seen from the beta.

I can adapt to the current ground game, but a more refined one would be better.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
My entire playstyle is built off of having max level of disrespect to my opponent (never personal), so I do that all the time lmaooo. There's just something DOA6 is missing if I can't 2KKKKK your corpse kek.

Region settings were in DOA5, which is why I wanted to bring it back. With Same, Nearby and All. DOA6 as it stands is basically set to all. Which isn't an issue, but the option should be there. From an EU perspective it might be "stupid", but on a worldwide scale it's calm a wider search criteria is better for the most part. What shouldn't be included in the search criteria for ranked is Rank restrictions, as the matchmaking is actually pretty solid from what we've seen from the beta.

I can adapt to the current ground game, but a more refined one would be better.
My apologies I read it wrong, i agree with the region lock think as well then. Zack not being able to use 2KKKK as force tech again is something I’m really happy about (feel sorry for you though).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD