DOA6 Graphics Thread

Macca Beam

I love her new face, she actually looks a lot more Asian and looks native to her home country now. A beautiful more rounder face, softer features along with a warmer golden undertones in her skin complexion. She was on the pale, pinkish side on DOA5 lol
You took the words right out of my mouth. Rounder face, smaller mouth, shorter nose, warmer skin tone (almost back to how these features used to be pre-5), and there's even a bit of visible cheeks(!). Much better than the combination of gigantic eyes and gigantic mouth on an overly slim face (though I still saw a bit of this in the renders) that just looks like an anorexic Final Fantasy heroine.

My only problem now is the eyebrows need to loosen the hell up. You don't make that kind of frown without also crushing your glabella, and there's no need to look that angry all the time
and the hair is still thin

Evian (74)
Main Character
Helena Douglas
Gamertag
AnthOniibibi
3DS Friend Code
5343-9553-5645
PSN ID
AnthOnyBrx
You took the words right out of my mouth. Rounder face, smaller mouth, shorter nose, warmer skin tone (almost back to how these features used to be pre-5), and there's even a bit of visible cheeks(!). Much better than the combination of gigantic eyes and gigantic mouth on an overly slim face (though I still saw a bit of this in the renders) that just looks like an anorexic Final Fantasy heroine.

My only problem now is the eyebrows need to loosen the hell up. You don't make that kind of frown without also crushing your glabella, and there's no need to look that angry all the time
and the hair is still thin
So I'm the only one to prefer Kasumi in DOA5 ahah. Her face was more realistic imo, and her hair was brown, as I knew her in DOA1. I'm just glad her DOa6 loose hair is better than her DOA5 one. Even if I do agree with almost every posts concerning the quality of her hair. I'm really upset. But I'm even more disappointed by my main boy Hayate, his hair is just hideous. I really hope they'll fix it !

Tyaren

Standard Donor
But I'm even more disappointed by my main boy Hayate, his hair is just hideous. I really hope they'll fix it !
I have to agree unfortunately. Hayate's hair looks bad if you zoom in just a bit, very low resolution and pixelated.

It is especially jarring if you look at the high quality face in contrast. Beautiful, smooth modelling and great texturing and shading. You can see pores and little wrinkles on his nose bridge.
It seems as if they simply took the DOA5 hair textures, ran a sharpening filter over them, which makes the textures appear crisper, but also highlights all the flaws they had in the first place, then some image compression/image quality loss happend along the way and they put it without much further editing in DOA6. :/
I simply don't understand it, because they actually made the effort to remodel the hair with more polygons, but slapped the old, low res textures on them.

Serving sparse n loose hair. ‍we stan a balding queen.
Lol
So are those weird, pixelated patches supposed to be bald spots?

(Left DOA5, right DOA6)

Last edited:

Ninoasker

Bayman's bed
Main Character
Bayman
Lol
So are those weird, pixelated patches supposed to be bald spots?

(Left DOA5, right DOA6)
nah silly, those pixelated patches are actually the hair extensions’ clips! What did you think, that she could let her hair grow naturally after balding in DOA5?

PS: They did my man Hayate so dirty with that hair I’m so mad rn. First Diego’s beard gets like 3 hairs on it and now this. Stop bullying handsome men TN!!!

Leifang12

DK, Denmark
Main Character
Leifang
Now that people have pointed it out... I'm kind of disappointed that they're reusing a lot of the same assets and only updating them (or in some cases, downgrading). I wish they would have taken another leap like they did from DOA4 to DOA5.
I feel like it’s gonna be very difficult for TN to top the transition from DOA4 to DOA5! They changed art style from the anime style to a more realistic anime style ! We were surprised to see the new art style and it looked great ! Going from DOA5 to DOA6 is gonna be difficult since it already has a “realistic” anime style qualities to it’s art style .

If I were to say, what they could have improved on, it’s the animation of newer characters, stage transition animations in stages, the size-depth of stages and the new characters aesthetic ! NiCO is a copy and paste of Marie and Honoka and Diego is a boring street rat character . I want more ! More charisma, uniqueness, nerve and way different from what we already have !

Last edited:

zoo

I feel like it’s gonna be very difficult for TB to top the transition form DOA4 to DOA5! They changed art style from the anime style to the more realistic anime style ! We were surprised to see the new art style and it looks good ! Going from DOA5 to DOA6 is gonna be difficult since it already has a “realistic” anime style queasily too it’s art style .
Yeah tbh what more can they really do? the look from DOA2 to DOAD was pretty much the same just updated slightly, same thing here. DOA5's designs are basically the new standard for DOA models and I'm fine with that. Any more realistic and it'd just be weird

human013

Don't know how accurate the twitter translation is or if this is the guy's real account but:
"I'll sneak in, but I'm testing the online Beta France now. It should have been a lot of trouble because it was built more than a month ago, thank you for playing even in such. I'm playing DOA6 Online Beta in France now. Thank you!"
It will probably look better upon release? I hope it does.

deathofaninja

Standard Donor
News Team
The Northwest
Main Character
ALPHA-152
Asset reuse smh lazy devs. It’s mostly a rehash of 5lr.

View attachment 27195
I don't get the picture... is you responding to your own ridiculous comment?

All fighters rehash material and have sense the beginning of each start of each franchise. It's going to happen. Calling the devs lazy is an odd choice of words imo. The game should be delayed a few months. When Itagaki was making Ninja Gaiden II he said it took the team up to two weeks to design a single animation.

KasumiLover

Well-Known Bi Kasumi/Phase Fanboy ⚥
Premium Donor
Georgia
Main Character
Kasumi
Asset reuse smh lazy devs. It’s mostly a rehash of 5lr.

View attachment 27195
I don't think so, DOA6 looks way better than DOA5 xD

I put two comparisons in the spoilers and from what I've seen they're definitely overhauling and refining whatever they can. The only thing that seems reused would be the hair but even then it's improved over DOA5. If you want to see a game actually reuse assets, look at Soul Calibur 6 and Tekken 7 xD they reused alot of the same stuff from before and it shows since alot of the old stuff looks almost ported in and T7's models look so primitive and rough when you compare it to DOA6 and SC6

Don't know how accurate the twitter translation is or if this is the guy's real account but:
"I'll sneak in, but I'm testing the online Beta France now. It should have been a lot of trouble because it was built more than a month ago, thank you for playing even in such. I'm playing DOA6 Online Beta in France now. Thank you!"
It will probably look better upon release? I hope it does.
I believe that's his real account, and the game will look better even tho at this point they could release it and I wouldn't be complaining about how it looks now

Forgot your password?