DOA6 Graphics Thread

zoo

If you want to see a game actually reuse assets, look at Soul Calibur 6 and Tekken 7 xD they reused alot of the same stuff from before and it shows since alot of the old stuff looks almost ported in and T7's models look so primitive and rough when you compare it to DOA6 and SC6
This. I get wanting the game to look better but DOA fans forget they have the best looking 3D fighter out there. I personally think the game looks great for what it is and what they could afford. But like I can understand since the xbox titles were straight up gorgeous in visuals, kinda has us spoiled

Ninoasker

Bayman's bed
Main Character
Bayman
This. I get wanting the game to look better but DOA fans forget they have the best looking 3D fighter out there. I personally think the game looks great for what it is and what they could afford. But like I can understand since the xbox titles were straight up gorgeous in visuals, kinda has us spoiled
Agree. In pictures, everything looks like it could be better, but playing the beta I noticed that when everything is moving, it actually looks gorgeous and those “flaws” ain’t really that big of a deal (until you do some screencaps where the whole low res textures and shit obviously comes out lol). Idk, I think they’ve done a good job and even if it could be better, I’ll take 6 happily. However, I do hope that the final release gets rid of all the visual annoyances like low res hair textures and ugly sweat.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I really hope rig is a grower instead of a shower....
Every progress TN's artists made in the Valentines DLC in DOA5 seems to be reversed again. Completely flat ken dolls, missing navels, weird overall anatomy. I honestly think TN's artists have either forgotten how to model male character models since DOA5 or they left and were replaced by new ones who have no clue or don't care. At this point I honestly miss the low poly models of DOA5. They weren't perfect either but overall they looked more natural:

A little update on the navel tweet to Team Ninja and Master:
Master actually replied to the tweet and told me he would contact the developer team about it.

At least something, I do really appreciate his high engagement with the community. Though I doubt they will be able to fix it...

Thank you to everyone that supported the tweet. :)

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Sad for him :p ...............Hope they polish that till Release . A little bigger should be okay with the Censorship Crap !!!
We al know he bottoms for Diego but at least have him have something, am I right?
Every progress TN's artists made in the Valentines DLC in DOA5 seems to be reversed again. Completely flat ken dolls, missing navels, weird overall anatomy. I honestly think TN's artists have either forgotten how to model male character models since DOA5 or they left and were replaced by new ones who have no clue or don't care. At this point I honestly miss the low poly models of DOA5. They weren't perfect either but overall they looked more natural:

A little update on the navel tweet to Team Ninja and Master:
Master actually replied to the tweet and told me he would contact the developer team about it.

At least something, I do really appreciate his high engagement with the community. Though I doubt they will be able to fix it...

Thank you to everyone that supported the tweet. :)
The male anantomy in 6 looks a bit strange, but I do like the fact that the muscles and abs look more defined, too bad the navel is just above the pubic hair, which is really unrealistic and dumb. The tekken males might look like those blow up sex dolls but at least their bodies are anatomically correct.
9EDC19BF-52CF-476B-A583-77839BC80D33.jpeg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
We al know he bottoms for Diego but at least have him have something, am I right?

The male anantomy in 6 looks a bit strange, but I do like the fact that the muscles and abs looks more defined, too bad the navel is just above the pubic hair, which is really unrealistic and dumb. The tekken makes might look like those blow up sex dolls but at least their bodies are anatomically correct.
View attachment 27201
The musculature in Tekken 7 is very exaggerated, as if the characters were pro bodybuilders instead of fighters, but at least every muscle and navel is where it belongs.
I do prefer the SoulCalibur anatomy for male character, even though they unfortunately ripped the models straight out of SC4/SC5. :/

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The musculature in Tekken 7 is very exaggerated, as if the characters were pro bodybuilders instead of fighters, but at least every muscle and navel is where it belongs.
I do prefer the SoulCalibur anatomy for male character, even though they unfortunately ripped the models straight out of SC4/SC5. :/
I actually prefer the anatomy of Injustice/Mortal Kombat for the male characters. So far they look the most natural to me.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I actually prefer the anatomy of Injustice/Mortal Kombat for the male characters. So far they look the most natural to me.
The Injustice 2 models and graphics in general are a league above everything that we've seen in T7, SC6 and DOA6 in general. NetherRealm Studios put a lot of time, money and effort into turning the rather ugly IJ1 art style in something really beautiful.

It's already obvious they will even top this in Mortal Kombat 11.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The Injustice 2 models and graphics in general are a league above everything that we've seen in T7, SC6 and DOA6 in general. NetherRealm Studios put a lot of time, money and effort into turning the rather ugly IJ1 art style in something really beautiful.

I forgot how amazing Injustice 2 looks, TN could learn from netherrealm studios. Even though DOA6 does not look bad at all.

Addictrian

Gamertag
Addicted

The male anantomy in 6 looks a bit strange, but I do like the fact that the muscles and abs look more defined, too bad the navel is just above the pubic hair, which is really unrealistic and dumb. The tekken males might look like those blow up sex dolls but at least their bodies are anatomically correct.
View attachment 27201
youre right :p ...........but bottoming for Diego im not sure :p

juliusxcix

Main Character
Kokoro

they most definitely dont look like this in game. i can promise you that.

Forgot your password?