DOA6 Graphics Thread

Ninoasker

ok i understand that leifang is a rich queent with her 18 inch brazilian bundles but this pic shows how relatively similar the hair models are while thicker hair textures make such a huge difference
0zPmGtm.jpg
Leifang - What you order
Kasumi - What Aliexpress actually sends to you

Ninoasker

That's really bad for a new engine... :rolleyes:
View attachment 27312View attachment 27311
I mean, let’s be realistic now, almost all of us will forget about this once we play the game in movement and see how fast everything is, we’ll be too focused in the fights we won’t even have time to count how many extension strands the hair has loool. The hair debate is getting too out of hand imo, I don’t think the anime styled hairs from past DOA games were that good either. Physics made them look like the girls were wearing spaghetti with food colorant.

Kagura

Yes, I really don't like the weird hair physic. I hope TN can fix that with the final version. The new engine is really great.
The characters are great. I really like the clothes with the beta. It's nice ! :thumbs up:

Nyotengu is realy beautiful in DOA5. She's beautiful in DOA6 with the new engine ! ^///^

maxresdefault.jpg

Macca Beam

Tentacly, stranded hair existed in all of the games. The later games just used textures with more transparency so the problem looked less apparent.

The old hair's volume would probably not work with the new model because the latter has a small and horizontally squished head. "More realistic model" is a giant meme tbh because now it STILL looks like an anime doll. Just triangle-faced and balding.

Hey, at least you're not Tekken 7 where all of your hair moves together and sometimes on their own.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
IDK about folks photoshopping 'em but if you have the originals, lemme see the receipts. It doesn't look it IMO. In DOA5 and DOA6 the hair still look like tentacles with the new addition of sparsity and thinning added to the mix.

The images linked down below still look true to how it does in that Tweet I linked, here are images from different angles that I pulled off Google images, it all looks relevantly very consistent.

latest

latest

kasumi.jpg

164819_dead_or_alive_xtreme_2_kasumi.jpg

9714_1307132899449_full.jpg

Each one of the photos has been edited by Team Ninja. They are what you call bullshots. You can clearly see the smudging tool at work on the hair fringes, and the number of polygon links per hair strand has either been increased, or the strands were adjusted by hand so that they move flowier/smoother and barely show any polygon angles. On the picture that I posted you can clearly see how angular the strands actually move.

This one is especially obviously photoshopped:

164819_dead_or_alive_xtreme_2_kasumi.jpg

The hair is shorter and thicker than in the actual game, you don't see any polygon angles at all, and you can see single finer strands and single shorter strands sticking out of the bulk of hair. In reality all tentacles are the exact same length and width in DOA4 and DOAX2.

Yes, DOA5 and DOA6 use a similar technique to render strands of hair, but it is done in a way more convincing and less cartoony manner. So, nope, they don't look like tentacles anymore. They also don't move like them anymore either, wiggling and crawling over the girls' shoulders as if they have a life on their own. They were so creepy, lol.

Macca Beam

Not gonna discuss promo material myself since they're almost always bullshots (just like the DOA6 banners up there, lol)
These were real footages from DOA4 (linked with the relevant timestamps, so just click Play). The better volume is simply indisputable.

Addictrian

Like I said all the time =) ..........I love Doa since the Beginning and i do not know what happend after 4 with the Hair :p Im not a Programmer or Gamedesigner unfortunatly , but the Hair on the Girls look odd to me . Too thin and the MOvement is just weird (talking about the open Hair Variations) .In the Back head its too thin ,too .

Dont know hope there will be an Update for those Issues .

In the latest Gameplay Trailer it seemed that Hitomis Hair looked polished and thicker ,but it just could be imagination .

Hold_Junkie93

Like I said all the time =) ..........I love Doa since the Beginning and i do not know what happend after 4 with the Hair :p Im not a Programmer or Gamedesigner unfortunatly , but the Hair on the Girls look odd to me . Too thin and the MOvement is just weird (talking about the open Hair Variations) .In the Back head its too thin ,too .

Dont know hope there will be an Update for those Issues .

In the latest Gameplay Trailer it seemed that Hitomis Hair looked polished and thicker ,but it just could be imagination .

Just started playing Hitomi. I love the VF5 vanilla type bounds w/o having to trigger overstun.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Since we have been talking about and comparing DOA6 with the new Mortal Kombat 11, here's a video of just the MK11 character models in 360° view:

You can like the art direction or not, but on a technical level these models are not only the by far best of any fighting game, but they are among the best of any game this generation. Super impressive. O:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD