DOA6 Graphics Thread

Brute

Standard Donor
2rtjvm.jpg

Tyaren

Standard Donor
can we also talk about this shitty DUST they're forcing, how bad and shade-less it looks and how it makes no sense in many of the stages? i didn't think that clean ass cube would be so dusty that you could kick an entire cloud up just by lying down

View attachment 27392

Yeah, it's especially bad in DOA6 (and it will probably ruin many shots in photomode), but that's a thing I've seen many games fail at. A character runs over a brown dirt road and the dust clouds forming are basically white. Doesn't fit at all and looks more as if the character's feet are burning and smoking, lol.

On another topic:

Do you guys remember when we were all admiring how beautifully smooth Hitomi's hair fell over her shoulder during her win pose?

(Jump to 7:54)

They changed that, now the hair strands flop down like wet rags:

(Jump to 2:14)

:/

Last edited:

Macca Beam

grr i don't like the way shirts just vanish and hair just instantly change to the loose version when the BB hit lands. at least the last game bothered releasing a bunch of cloth particles into the air

also is there really a sweater design where the lower front just snaps into an upside down V like that? it's a common modeling technique for tight skirts but it's always an eyesore to look at

Tyaren

Standard Donor
grr i don't like the way shirts just vanish and hair just instantly change to the loose version when the BB hit lands. at least the last game bothered releasing a bunch of cloth particles into the air.

I'm pretty sure there is an option to turn off clothing destruction and hair becoming loose. That's what I will turn off first before I start any match in the final version of DOA6. Oh, and of course dirt off as well. I was shocked to see in the beta that it looks similarly ugly and low resolution as in DOA5.

Xion

you could turn the breakable stuff off in DOA5 by setting breast motion to Natural or off I think...Im guessing there will be a damage on/off option in this one. Personally I like it, it makes the fight more dynamic even if its not realistic (as if that mattered)

Baji Breakdancer

I love how the graphics upgraded. I was not expecting that, in a good way of course. ❤️View attachment 27381View attachment 27385
Maybe other people have mentioned this before, but Leifang's Jann Lee-inspired gear is really sick, maybe my favorite
can we also talk about this shitty DUST they're forcing, how bad and shade-less it looks and how it makes no sense in many of the stages? i didn't think that clean ass cube would be so dusty that you could kick an entire cloud up just by lying down

View attachment 27392
I think it’s an ode to classic kung fu movies where there’s inexplicable dust to emphasize impact.

Samo Hung and Jackie Chan could be fighting in a sterilized clean room and it would still look like they’re coming out of a dust storm.

juliusxcix

for all we know sis only got like 2 outfits we need more kokoro content
TRUE.
we know she has her ponytail from doa5lr, she has the cutest pigtails in the game, she has her default down hairstyle.

for clothing she has new new default plus recolors, she has the new casual dress plus recolors, and her old concept art showed her doa5 default so imma assume she has that plus recolors. im hoping she gets 2 more outfits and her side ponytail from doa5u. ((just bc i want OPTIONS for my girl, not bc i actually care about the side ponytail.))

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD