DOA6 Graphics Thread

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay, this preview video is interesting:

First, it confirms Kokoro's kimono coming back. :)
Second, we get a first look at photomode! :D

According to the previewer it is not much improved over DOA5, but I am honestly not too disappointed, since it already did its job well. You were able to take some great looking photos if you knew how to work around the shortcomings.
The only thing that really counts, will there still be a fat ugly copyright notice at the bottom of the screen? I hope not... >__<

Macca Beam

Just because you can doesn't mean you should.
every modern vfx artist should be whipped with this until it's forever engraved in their brains

Hayabusa and Ayane's particle effects look tacky as hell
Then you have Rig with ... whatever he kicked up at around 4:10

and no, just no. do something about your animators

cheersjutsu.jpg

Strangerinmytub

I'm not too familiar with fighting games outside of DOA but shouldn't we be able to rewind replays? Sucks when you try to take a picture of a cool moment but you pause the replay too late, so you gotta run through the whole thing again to get back to that spot.

Hold_Junkie93

every modern vfx artist should be whipped with this until it's forever engraved in their brains

Hayabusa and Ayane's particle effects look tacky as hell

and no, just no. do something about your animators

View attachment 27407
Checked out the video and got scared with how close they zoomed into Tengu's face for a sec.

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Lol, it caught fire for a split second.

I’m so glad TeamNinja got rid of the gloss.
The gloss is still there. I see it on those screenshots, even though they are badly compressed.

We'll have to come to terms with it. They want the characters to shine like plastic dolls. Each new DOA game they change that: DOA3 (shiny), DOA2U (matt), DOA4 (shiny), DOA5 (matt), DOA6 (shiny)... At least there's a system behind it. XD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Okay, we got good news and bad news regarding PS4 Pro and Xbox One X support from a Jeuxvideo article:
http://www.jeuxvideo.com/amp/previe...eu-en-compagnie-des-26-membres-du-casting.htm

"PlayStation 4 Pro ou One X ?
Les joueurs qui possèdent une PlayStation 4 Pro ou une Xbox One X pourront choisir dans les options du titre s’ils préfèrent des graphismes améliorés ou une plus grande fluidité."

Good news:
There will be two modes for Pro and X owners to choose from: Better graphics (I assume higher resolution) or more fluid framerate.

Bad news:
WTF means that for base PS4 and base Xbox One if Pro and X have a mode for more fluid framerate? X__X

HHH816

that's weird, the game is not on par with god of war

and what happen in an online match cause frame rate is different between console.

Leifang

Lol, it caught fire for a split second.

The gloss is still there. I see it on those screenshots, even though they are badly compressed.

We'll have to come to terms with it. They want the characters to shine like plastic dolls. Each new DOA game they change that: DOA3 (shiny), DOA2U (matt), DOA4 (shiny), DOA5 (matt), DOA6 (shiny)... At least there's a system behind it. XD
I see what you mean. On the plus side, at least they toned it down some. In the early build, they were so shiny you could see your own reflection. lol XD
Girl what? First of all look at them and then look at Tina...
View attachment 27413View attachment 27412
3B52A7A0-3449-4FDD-A178-EEE0B75C9FC5.jpeg

I’m not ignoring Christie and the fabulous NyoTengu beauty. But I don’t know, Tina beauty really stands out to me in DOA6. However, if you think the other two are better, than that’s fine. But my vote goes to the new sheriff ~_^ . lol XD

Last edited:

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Christie’s White/Silver hair and those Ice blue eyes, giving her that dangerous killer vibe make her 10 times prettier than Tina. Tina is pretty but in DOA6 Christie is definitely one of the best looking female characters in the roster. She, Nyotengu, Helena and Lisa are the best looking. Kokoro would’ve been pretty if they kept her old face and made her grey eyes stand out more.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD