DOA6 Graphics Thread

Macca Beam

i used to bitch about the stages but this one is some good shit

abc.jpg

shame about hitomi's woody face, however

Chaos

Hmmm, I see that everyone is excited about DOA6 graphics. Well I have low expectations because TN is not done working on it which means there's possibility that the graphics would end up looking worse than now. (Remember the DOA5 Alpha vs Final build video?) Not to mention the CPUs in the current generation consoles are a JOKE so don't expect any mind blowing light reflections and high quality textures unless you have a good gaming PC.

The reason why I'm saying all of this because I feel like DOA6 graphics looks almost too damn good!
05_doa04.jpg

087719.jpg

Look at that shit! Hot damn! Think about it guys. Can the current generation consoles handle such beautiful detail graphics while being locked in 60fps FLAWLESSLY?
I have fate in TN.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Not to turn this into a hair discussion like other people, but Bass’ hairline really looks good in the picture that was posted above, I do think they could’ve made his beard more realistic but that’s just my opinion.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Seeing all these new screenshots makes me wish they'd show Kasumi's new casual gear, it seems like everyone but her is getting casual/street wear and all we've seen her wear is just her new ninja suit and its recolors or her old ninja dress and it's two recolors. >.>

While DOA6 Kasumi looks great, I feel like Kasumi is lacking in any new content besides her new default

SaihateDYNAMO

Seeing all these new screenshots makes me wish they'd show Kasumi's new casual gear, it seems like everyone but her is getting casual/street wear and all we've seen her wear is just her new ninja suit and its recolors or her old ninja dress and it's two recolors. >.>

While DOA6 Kasumi looks great, I feel like Kasumi is lacking in any new content besides her new default
So far, Marie Rose literally has more outfits than the actual heroine of the series... it’s crazy. I hope her, Honkers, and Nicotine don’t upstage Kasumi in the clothing department in this game cause I feel like that’s who TN is going to be pushing :/

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
So far, Marie Rose literally has more outfits than the actual heroine of the series... it’s crazy. I hope her, Honkers, and Nicotine don’t upstage Kasumi in the clothing department in this game cause I feel like that’s who TN is going to be pushing :/
i don't think that will be the case hopefully since Kasumi is still the 3rd most popular but I feel some characters are definitely getting more attention atm which worries me but perhaps they'll show more costumes like they do in the reveal trailers soon enough, im kinda expecting a reveal before this week is over tbh

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Not to turn this into a hair discussion like other people, but Bass’ hairline really looks good in the picture that was posted above, I do think they could’ve made his beard more realistic but that’s just my opinion.

Bass and Diego have both better facial hair than this. In other screens and videos I have seen it looks like actual hair not like painted on.

0dg8x3oe6aky9yfzg.jpg

One reason it looks so bad on the DOA Central pics is as mentioned before the terrible image quality/compression, which erases a lot of details, especially the finer ones like single hair or skin texture. The other reason: I think these DOA Central images are on significantly lower graphical settings than their usual promo stuff. Don't ask me why they would do that. Just look at the aliasing, it is absolutely terrible. The PS4 version didn't look as bad when we saw it run at events.

They really have to come up with… something… if they want to have glasses with really thin frames.

Are you referring to the aliasing? XD

Kodachi

Standard Donor
I would like a more slicked back refined hair option for Lisa La Mariposa Hamilton
ED48E21A-CAB9-478A-BD36-42F69B1585E6.jpeg

But idk if TeamNinja can slay edges yet...
Her Silver option in LR was a bit concerning to me, she was clearly having a midlife crisis moment in DOA5 as she watched her science career obliterate. Talk about rough bangs. :rolleyes:
And another thing is can they render curly hair? Afro Lisa could be a vibe if done right aesthetically.
Excuse my ranting if I’m pushing the wrong topic..

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
And another thing is can they render curly hair?

Of course they can, but it is a true polygon eater. Would they be willing to spend like 50k on her head when they are so stingy about it elsewhere? ;)

Nadine from Uncharted 4 had beautifully bouncy, curly hair:

46211176152_1a08728301_o.png

Excuse my ranting if I’m pushing the wrong topic..

It can get a bit much at times, because there are many in here who are really passionate about hair, lol, but I think it fits to the topic of this thread: The game's graphics. Everything that has to do with the visuals of the game. That includes the look of characters.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD