DOA6 Graphics Thread

ShinobiOfTheWind

I am so glad they changed it back (kinda) because the brown hair didn't fit Kasumi at all. I still want her orange hair back but this is close enough at least and it looks great.

Edit: The only thing they need to improve is the hair textures graphics wise.

Anyway, I think I’m the only one to love Kasumi when her hair is brown. The first game I played was DOA1 and she got brown hair. And I was so glad in DOA5 to see her without her carrot wig. I’m now a bit sad about it’s return.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They'll probably do what they did in DOA5 where her hair is brighter when she's dry and in certain lighting but when she's wet and in darker lighting it'll be darker which I think is a good compromise. I like her hair regardless but Leifang already has brown hair so I think Kasumi should stay a red head xD or at least give us a hair color change option like some outfits in DOA5 had

SaihateDYNAMO

i don't think that will be the case hopefully since Kasumi is still the 3rd most popular but I feel some characters are definitely getting more attention atm which worries me but perhaps they'll show more costumes like they do in the reveal trailers soon enough, im kinda expecting a reveal before this week is over tbh
I wish they would do more frequent reveals for small things like costumes and hairstyles instead of us piecing things together from 2 seconds of trailer gameplay... for example, the first time we saw Ayane’s classic purple dress was for like 5 seconds in the Christie trailer. This next trailer better deliver!!!

On the topic of Lisa’s hair am I the only one who didn’t hate her silver hair, at least as a concept? The color goes really well with a lot of her outfits.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wish they would do more frequent reveals for small things like costumes and hairstyles instead of us piecing things together from 2 seconds of trailer gameplay... for example, the first time we saw Ayane’s classic purple dress was for like 5 seconds in the Christie trailer. This next trailer better deliver!!!

On the topic of Lisa’s hair am I the only one who didn’t hate her silver hair, at least as a concept? The color goes really well with a lot of her outfits.
Yeah I do too, like hopefully we can see loose hair Kasumi soon like we did Helena and maybe another classic outfit of hers. And yeah I prefer Lisa's silver hair too, her default hair is too close to her normal skin tone and not really all that flashy imo

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Can we talk about the other graphics than hair? There’s only so much we can discuss about it. It’s getting tired and boring. Thank u, next.

Macca Beam

So far, Marie Rose literally has more outfits than the actual heroine of the series... it’s crazy. I hope her, Honkers, and Nicotine don’t upstage Kasumi in the clothing department in this game cause I feel like that’s who TN is going to be pushing :/
didn't marie just have a sweater and the deluxe costume on top of a bunch of 5 ports? they didn't even bother giving her a new default

also you're forgetting that with the return of her shameless clone, kasumi will have twice the costume of any character in the game just like with LR

p.s. if kasumi's loose hair makes it in, it should get its volume back. it's disgusting how thin it was in 5/x3 compared to the older games. both marie's loose and ponytail hair were thinner than they should as well.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
didn't marie just have a sweater and the deluxe costume on top of a bunch of 5 ports? they didn't even bother giving her a new default

also you're forgetting that with the return of her shameless clone, kasumi will have twice the costume of any character in the game just like with LR
That's still alot tho, Kasumi only has 2 confirmed costumes(Her new default and her puffy sleeved and no sleeve ninja dress) not counting recolors or deluxe costumes. Marie Rose has 4 confirmed costumes not counting recolors, and none of the 5/Ultimate/LR newcomers got a new default iirc, only veterans so far

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Apparently Eliot and Brad were just announced in Famit su but there's no screenshot or trailer yet! :eek:
Disgusting, it’s strange Gen fu has not been shown, revealed or announced along with them. I wonder if he’s in... I hope not. Sorry not sorry
105B714A-2751-48BF-B226-7ADEA64AD375.gif

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Apparently Eliot and Brad were just announced in Famit su but there's no screenshot or trailer yet! :eek:

Yup:

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/12/11/dead-or-alive-6-adds-eliot-and-brad-wong-to-the-roster/

Eliot (CV: Junko Minagawa) – Eliot is participating to work on his skills.

Brad Wong (CV: Unsho Ishizuka) – Traveling in search of the legendary salmon.

Also it looks like Unsho Ishizuka did record Brad Wong's lines before he passed away. Rest in peace good sir, you've been voicing Heihachi, Brad Wong, and Hercule from DBZ for years.

Last edited:

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Of course they can, but it is a true polygon eater. Would they be willing to spend like 50k on her head when they are so stingy about it elsewhere? ;)

Nadine from Uncharted 4 had beautifully bouncy, curly hair:

46211176152_1a08728301_o.png
ah yes this texture would be so perfect but bigger !
LOL good point though I heard from cow Lisa has the biggest booty so far
BEAUTIFUL WORK by the way! It'd be interesting to see if the devs can pull off curly/afro hair for Lisa (provided it's done tastefully). Will TN have enough sauce to lay Lisa's edges? Find out on the next episode of DOA6. Hmm I could throw together something similar to what you painted on Lisa's default hair using her DOA5 model, I just need to take a snap of her in-game and get a good angle. Let me know if you'd like to see it ^^
Yeah go for it! I was going for an xmen mystique type of style.

Shining_Wave

Brad, Eliot n Gen Fu are my boys. I love all 3 and I think they make a fun team. Let's see all of them together please! I like their humor.
When I first started playing 5LR, I thought Gen Fu said, 'this old fart still lights.' I was like, ewww! I misread the subtitles. Lighting farts, lol.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Brad, Eliot n Gen Fu are my boys. I love all 3 and I think they make a fun team. Let's see all of them together please! I like their humor.
When I first started playing 5LR, I thought Gen Fu said, 'this old fart still lights.' I was like, ewww! I misread the subtitles. Lighting farts, lol.
Gen fu isn’t announced yet, he might not be in. (Thankfully)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I think just Brad Wong and Eliot being confirmed basically means Gen Fu isn't returning, so that means there's only one more character left iirc to reveal

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD