DOA6 Graphics Thread

Shining_Wave

I've always considered DOA's graphics to be the best but the character models to be slightly off, I always seem to notice the forearms. It would be interesting to see all the models from all these games side-by-side, for comparison.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
The Injustice 2 models and graphics in general are a league above everything that we've seen in T7, SC6 and DOA6 in general. NetherRealm Studios put a lot of time, money and effort into turning the rather ugly IJ1 art style in something really beautiful.

i2__aquaman_by_anubisdhl_dc16n7h-pre.jpg

i2__black_canary___v2_by_anubisdhl_dbxtdi8-pre.jpg

It's already obvious they will even top this in Mortal Kombat 11.
I forgot how amazing Injustice 2 looks, TN could learn from netherrealm studios. Even though DOA6 does not look bad at all.

Addictrian

We al know he bottoms for Diego but at least have him have something, am I right?

The male anantomy in 6 looks a bit strange, but I do like the fact that the muscles and abs look more defined, too bad the navel is just above the pubic hair, which is really unrealistic and dumb. The tekken males might look like those blow up sex dolls but at least their bodies are anatomically correct.
View attachment 27201
youre right :p ...........but bottoming for Diego im not sure :p

juliusxcix

The Injustice 2 models and graphics in general are a league above everything that we've seen in T7, SC6 and DOA6 in general. NetherRealm Studios put a lot of time, money and effort into turning the rather ugly IJ1 art style in something really beautiful.

they most definitely dont look like this in game. i can promise you that.

Chaos

No need to promise anything. ;) I was referring to the art style change when I posted these renders of the models. Them going from this...

Aquaman-Injustice.png

...to this:

34011650393_b32a3d289d_o.png

Picture taken by me in-game.
Injustice and MK fans are so lucky! (ಠ_ಠ)

Ninoasker

Tbh even though the models are amazing, I usually find myself pretty ehhh when it comes to MK games or Injustice 2. Their overall ambient is just too dark and gritty for me.
I kinda like Injustice 2 since I do like DC and I think they did a good job with going with that aesthetic even if it still doesn’t catch my eye 100%, but MK is just too much for me. Funny because, while I enjoy the gore on the series, the actual ambient of the game in terms of music and stages, and also the weird ass character designs that seem to borrow things from Asian culture and then merge those with North American culture is just not my cup of tea.
I do like DOA better even with the weird model bodies because even if it now has a more realistic style, it’s still anime-based, so I don’t find the weird bodies too bothering since I just see the game as an anime-styled game with a realistic filter on it lol. The ambience on the games are also beautiful. Even with 5 being the darkest one, the ambience on the game wasn’t even near to what MK and Injustice are. Compared to those, DOA is a colorful rainbow in the middle of dark and “edgy” ass fighters lmao.

Dr PaC

Agreed. The movements may be stiff and weird looking at times, but no one can argue NR's graphics and attention to detail. As far as visuals go, I think NR is slightly above TN. Just slightly. They may have a better budget when it comes to that since they're backed by Warner Bros and DC

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD