DOA6 Jann Lee

TakedaZX

I'm not gonna lie... I really don't have much to say here as opposed to my DOA6 Hayate and Hayabusa threads. Let's get in to it.

Moves and Property Changes

33P - Make the full charge knockdown untechable. JL doesn't really get great enders off of bound launchers anyway so it would behave the same.

Also make it crush more consistently. Not from frame one but at least earlier in the move.

4KK4 - New Dragon Stance Cancel

3K - Remove Sitdown stun on crouching opponents. Makes his 3 way mix up a liability and of he chooses the high and gets a surprise sit down stun then he loses out on his momentum.

K4K/3K4K - Make the second hit track on 3K4K to normalize with K4K and make the poke better overall. Don't complain about it being a linear move cause if that's the case K4K already tracks which is some horse shit in my opinion for 3K4K to not get the same treatment.

K4KP/3K4KP - Make this fast again. Nerf the damage and the knockback then give him an option to charge it for advantage or safety but the charge should be obvious.

Also scrap the tracking on 3K4KP. It doesn't make sense.

3KP - Change the animation into something like 246P rather than the spinny back first. Scrap the tracking. Keep it unsafe.

4P - Adjust hitbox and launch properties for juggles to stay consistent. At max threshold his best should be 4PP, PP2KK without timing.

214P - Give this good sit down stun and take away the launch except on threshold break and back turned. Should guarantee a 9K.

H+K - Adjust sit down stun to only guarantee a CB or launch on crouching opponents. In stun it will behave like a DOA4 sit down stun. The first few frames will be unholdable like a lift stun but the tail end will not be unholdable. In turn he'll be able to catch 7K because the holdable frames are not considered full crouch so instead of a 50/50 mix UP he gets a full mix UP.

In the end the crouching sit down stun will be called out like they call out critical burst (power stun or something). So it'll differentiate for you... That way you'll know when to hit 6P+K. If you want a free 9K on standing opponents use 214P.

8H+K - If it's gunna be - it should bound launch on the regular even if he doesn't get a combo... And if he does it can just be a shitty 2 hitter. Like 6PK or 6K46K or even 9KK.

In turn he should also be able to 1P for free to get an untechable... yea.

BT 6P4 - Why is this not already a thing? Dragon Stance... Let's go.

Dragon Stance

Dragon Stance Jab - +1 on block.

Dragon Stance 6P - This should track.

Dragon Stance 4PP4/4PPP - I know this isn't the most unique idea in the world but it would be nice for him to have an actual launcher from the stance. Even if they fixed the launch to make his combo consistent it wouldn't be the best launcher in the world.

Open for discussion.

Dragon Stance Parry - I'm honestly not sure how to handle this yet. All I know is I don't like it. Perhaps it could beat low jabs and mid punches and have a different parry properties for each.

With mid punches he'd simply push their hand out of the way with his forward hand leaving the opponent in a staggered state that results in a free mix up. He will have a forced transition to Dragon Stance at +1.

With low punches he should kick their hand away and get a free hit but be forced into Dragon Stance so DS jab for best frame advantage and DS K for best damage. DS K should be his slowest free hit.

Dragon Stance H - An obvious cancel. He should do his head shake quickly to show him going back to neutral stance animation.

Dragon Stance Synergy - See the point of the matter is once you give Dragon Stance jab +1 on guard, there's a new world of hurt opened. He doesn't need a reset throw. He already has it in the Dragon Gunner no matter how slow it is.

At +1 he has a 10 frame mid at 18 damage which is mind BLASTING. A 12i mid that lift stuns. You want respect? Put it on the jab.

What's more is in mix up situations where you put 6P for example on the screen, now people will step which you can check with DS 6P when they feel pressured. It doesnt have to be safe... it tracks

The head shake is to make the cancel more obvious but the idea is to make sure opponents can't force him to take a guaranteed hit or throw him easily. By the time they see it he should be moving.

Anyway like I said this isn't the most unique list but I don't see anything he really needs at this point that would make sense so I leave that to TN's creativity. Post your ideas if you think of something... besides 44K.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD