DOA6 New Character Speculation

NightAntilli

I'm not one to immediately fall in love with a character... But damn. NiCO, you're my girl. Considering she's using pençak silat, a fighting style I've been asking for for ages, I'll definitely be using her. Can't say if I'll main her yet... Still love Leifang and Kokoro... So... We'll see. Guess I'll have three mains. lol

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
that trailer showed lisa and kokoro, so naturally happy for their fans

as for the new girl love her moveset but her hate her face.

i can live with her blue hair and mad scientist stick.

Last edited:

Dionysus

Nico seems to be the replacement scientist henchmen for Donovan I suppose. She's very anime in a pretty generic way, but hopefully her style makes up for it. With any luck she'll have a more down to earth hair colour option.

Macca Beam

yep, should be clear as day with how diego debuted at some western event and nico at doafes. and in case doa6's "cater to both" approach still wasn't obvious, look at the past reveals at each region's events as well.

also one thing i absolutely dislike is the "this doesn't fit my sensitivities, it has to change" attitude.

Truth

I think what people are forgetting is that Diego was made for the western audience and NiCO was made for the Asian audience. I vaguely remember them stating this back when Diego was released.
I dont know what could possibly give you the impression that anyone has forgotten when she has mostly been discussed in terms of weaboo, waifu, loli and so on.

353394ff839cbf6082394207f669512e.gif

Anyway I was also a lil underwhelmed with Diego's design, because we already have the street brawler territory covered with Rig. But it is a DOA tradition to make complimentary pairs, (Kasayane, Lisa + Tina, Ryu + Hayate, Helena + Christie). Now rig has his Diego. It's just unfortunate that they named the character Diego and didnt play up any Latin American references. It would have been cool if they added a Tony Montana like character in the game. This guy isn't super memorable.

At this point I'm ready for DOA to put out their inevitable ultimate edition and make it their last release. The franchise has been watered down so much a reboot is necessary. Virtua Fighter 6 can pick up the slack in the meantime.

jellypvdding

truth and macca beam in the same thread... oooh sis. if y'all didn't block each other, this debate is about to pop off. kasumi vs ayane circa doa2 honey. i'm just kidding.

anyway in regards to what y'all saying, i'm interested in seeing how they'll market themselves and their characters this time. are they gonna keep doing the one for international fans, one for japanese fans type thing for the duration of this era? doa5's outfit-dlc-palooza was bananas. and people were going ape for it either cos they loved it or hated it. haha. i'm wondering how messy things are gonna get thanks to all this talk about accessories too.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD