DOA6 Stage Discussion

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
There are plenty of ways to talk about stages you would like to see, but there has yet to be a dedicated thread for discussing new stages for Dead or Alive 6. To Team NINJA, stages are a lot like new characters, and knowing the environment is extremely important to tournament fighters. How will the new Danger Zones support your style?

colosseum001.jpg
First Revealed | Gameplay​

The Colosseum is where official fights for the Dead or Alive 6 tournament will take place. There is nothing too special about this stage, but there is an electric fence that will hurt if you are slammed against it. Environments will not get in the way of your fights here. Outside of the Colosseum seems to be reserved for story cut scenes.

throwdown001.jpg
First Revealed | Gameplay
Throwdown is kind of similar to some of the street levels we have seen before in DOA, but this location is filled to the brim with people watching and getting crazy. Diego is introduced on this staged, and since he is a street fighter it makes since that they would call him the uncrowned. If your opponent gets you close to the wall, spectators will give your foe the advantage and push you back into the action.

Even though the stage can get packed, there is still room for some wall damage in this four corner stage. There are destructible crates to break your opponent through. You can also enjoy explosive vehicle and explosive barrel damage.

pirateship001.jpg

pirateship002.jpg

Forbidden Fortune was the first multi-tiered stage shown for DOA6. Leifang and Hitomi may not have much luck winning tournaments, but they found enough gold here to not worry about life ever again. The gold chamber room underneath the ship reminds me of Zack's treasure room discovery ending in DOA4.

The top part of the stage is the outside of the boat that fell down a ravine and is being owned by a giant Octopus. Near the port, bow and stern of the ship you can break your opponents through barrels and boxes to continue your combo. You can activate the Octo-Danger Zone in the middle of the stage by disturbing it with explosive barrel damage, and the tentacle can break your foe through to the bottom.

The treasure room is beautiful, but man it would hurt to get your head crushed on top a floor o' gold. There are lots of explosive barrels down here, and plenty of ways to keep your combo going. There is even a rising gate near the end wall that will relaunch your opponent.

lostparadise001.jpg

lostparadise002.jpg

lostparadise003.jpg

Lost Paradise is the next multi-tiered stage shown by Team NINJA that actually is connected to many different parts of the story. It's not only the secret lab location for MIST, but also doubles as the old Zack Island, made evident by the slide that used to exist there. Upon confirmation, I hear that you can go up and down tiers of the levels because of the Pterodactyl dinosaur.

This level is full of the extinct beasts, and some people will view this levels as another Experimental Playground. If you break your opponent into the Dino Eggs, the winged Dino will reward you by lifting your opponent up for a combo opportunity. There is also a crazed T-Rex that will cause havoc if you or your foe is smacked into the RV.

prowrestling001.jpg

DOATEC is sponsoring and promoting a stable of wrestlers/fighters and is giving Team Muscle their own stage and ring!

The electric rope wrestling ring has been a mainstay stage for a while now, and it's returning to DOA6. These matches can go by quickly as it is hard to zone your opponent in such a small place. Wrestlers like Bass, Tina and La Mariposa can use the ropes to their advantage which makes it the only stage so far to ever have unique character attributes.

highway001.jpg

highway002.jpg

In the reveal story/trailer: Christie and Bayman begin a fight on the new 'Road Rage' stage. We have seen some bad crashes in DOA, but this is a crazy car pile-up that looks similar to the highway scene in Deadpool. If you squint at the sign in the distance you can see that it reads Downtown DOA Colosseum; so this place is close to where the DOA6 tournament is taking place in the story.

Bayman starts off the match hitting Christie with a new 3P string variant right into one of the exploding cars. He follows this up with an automatic run animation that is connected to the danger zone after it's triggered. This allows the aggressor to keep the combo going, and also permits you to bash them into another car.

Christie responds with her fatal rush string and smacks him into a car that does not yet have an explosion animation. Bayman soars up to the next tier of the highway and hits a truck barely managing to stay on the rail. After the opponent drops back down the aggressor will have a chance to continue to the combo, and if the move does enough damage the truck will drop with your foe.

After the truck falls with Diego, Christie uses a new follow up dive to her 7K that will be effective for danger zones and walls. Leifang has a new mid kick after 3P4P that sends Christie into the last danger zone shown. Ayane also shows a new high kick before Christie closes this trailer with a new throw and her break blow.

miyabi001.jpg

hiddengarden001.jpg

While the Miyabi stage does not bluntly explain its placement in the story, this old tea-town is the first place we see Kokoro fight in DOA6. I think this stage is beautiful, but perhaps untapped, much like Kokoro and her potential because of the lies and secrets held together by Helena; probably as an attempt to protect her.

There are a few obstacles to knock your foe through at Miyabi, and a bamboo thicket that will send both fighters to the secret garden!

zero001.jpg

NiCO's reveal begins outside of the trashed Zack Island, and the shady Scientist is working on a prototype Raidou that Christie wants to know more about. The next scene takes place inside of the 'Zero' Mist research facility and NiCO continues to ignore Christie's questions.

The stage itself looks very familiar to the lab in DOA5. Electric floor damage and wall damage can cause these matches to end quickly, but there is enough space to zone and space out your opponent.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

Great descriptions.
They all feel very DOA, the team really tried to capture the essence of the previous stages to create these new ones.

I think it is missing something with water : beach, lake, waterfall, aquarium...

My personal wish would be to fight on Cano River in Colombia, before being actually to travel myself there one day.

IMG_2102.jpg

fiume-cano-cristales-colombia-o.jpg

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
I wonder how this new Unforgettable stage will work. Will it just be a huge mash-up or will it be a projection screen showing them on the stage. So confusing.

d3v

I'm concerned about Team Muscles giving unique interactions to the wrestlers. What are the chances this makes fighting on the stage gives them an advantage, affecting balance?

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'm concerned about Team Muscles giving unique interactions to the wrestlers. What are the chances this makes fighting on the stage gives them an advantage, affecting balance?
I don't think it will tbh, I don't think the wrestlers having special actions qualifies as a unique attribute since Kasumi and Ryu have for example have a special wall attack if they do their 7P near a wall. Even for them that's situational since they won't be able to use that move ability in stages without walls or anything like that in the area

IMG_20181213_001432.jpg

As for the Unforgettable stage I basically think that fights will start up in the DOATEC HK section up where the stairs lead and that falling down the stairs will lead to that section. I think the barriers blocking the different arena areas will act like a fence so if you get hit near it, the same thing will happen like in the Hotzone stage and old DOA stages with fences where the victim will be sent stumbling over it and the aggressor will have the choice to to do jump punch or kick attack, a delayed jump or kick attack, or they can just do nothing and bait a hold so you get a to counter throw. Only thing is, I don't know if you'll be able to stay behind the barriers like in previous DOA games or if you'll automatically hop it like the Hotzone makes you do in DOA5 xD

Also if you look closely near the bottom left of the pic, you see the DANGER ZONE floor tiles
WS000182.jpeg

That basically means that that whole section will likely be blue danger zone tiles so that area will definitely be lethal.

The Taylor bar seems to also be a part of it so that'll likely be full of hazards like what the dragon temple had with the vase and then the various debris in stages like scramble

This stage in Eliot's screenshot is even more interesting. I think the stage replica is of the suspension bridge stage from DOA2U, the environment looks almost exactly alike to a degree
DOAUThe_Suspension_Bridge.jpg

Fotor_154467908328925.jpg

Idk what hazards could be added if this is the bridge stage replica, but maybe it'll involve falling off the bridge if it's that detailed but idk

Hopefully we'll see the trailer soon since I'm interested to see how many stage replicas are in this museum stage

d3v

I don't think it will tbh, I don't think the wrestlers having special actions qualifies as a unique attribute since Kasumi and Ryu have for example have a special wall attack if they do their 7P near a wall.
But having something unique to a specific stage still gives the possibility that picking said stage (especially where you're fighting inside a small ring) gives said characters a slight advantage.

Tina2040_

I don't think it will tbh, I don't think the wrestlers having special actions qualifies as a unique attribute since Kasumi and Ryu have for example have a special wall attack if they do their 7P near a wall. Even for them that's situational since they won't be able to use that move ability in stages without walls or anything like that in the area

View attachment 26816
As for the Unforgettable stage I basically think that fights will start up in the DOATEC HK section up where the stairs lead and that falling down the stairs will lead to that section. I think the barriers blocking the different arena areas will act like a fence so if you get hit near it, the same thing will happen like in the Hotzone stage and old DOA stages with fences where the victim will be sent stumbling over it and the aggressor will have the choice to to do jump punch or kick attack, a delayed jump or kick attack, or they can just do nothing and bait a hold so you get a to counter throw. Only thing is, I don't know if you'll be able to stay behind the barriers like in previous DOA games or if you'll automatically hop it like the Hotzone makes you do in DOA5 xD

Also if you look closely near the bottom left of the pic, you see the DANGER ZONE floor tiles
View attachment 26817

That basically means that that whole section will likely be blue danger zone tiles so that area will definitely be lethal.

The Taylor bar seems to also be a part of it so that'll likely be full of hazards like what the dragon temple had with the vase and then the various debris in stages like scramble

This stage in Eliot's screenshot is even more interesting. I think the stage replica is of the suspension bridge stage from DOA2U, the environment looks almost exactly alike to a degree
View attachment 26818

View attachment 26819

Idk what hazards could be added if this is the bridge stage replica, but maybe it'll involve falling off the bridge if it's that detailed but idk

Hopefully we'll see the trailer soon since I'm interested to see how many stage replicas are in this museum stage

I'm pretty sure that's just the Hidden Garden :(

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Hiyami will be a part of the 'Unforgettable' stage. I have yet to see many people bring it up, but I wonder how it will implemented into the game as it was the only stage not shown at the museum to my knowledge. IMO there are two possible reasons it wasn't demonstrated in the trailer:

1. You just knock your opponent into the wall where the tree is located. If they are going this route I hope that every time you knock someone into that tree you hear Tengu make a noise and the season changes and the tree corresponds to the change with a new look each time. Maybe an element will escape the tree and hit your foe or something.

2. You can actually continue the fight in Hiyami and maybe the seasons will change in the middle of the fight. It would definitely explain them not showing it as it could still be under production. The invisible car crashes in Road Rage do prove that the game is not complete and they are willing to show us incomplete gameplay footage because of the time crunch to meet the deadline.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
I find a interesting thing about the stage CHINESE FESTIVAL
Everybody know that you can use the banger on the ground in the first and second level to extend our combo with a relaunch
But sometimes you will see the launch are high and sometimes low
i find why its simple the launch are different if you are on closed stance or on open stance
STANCE DOA.jpg

Last edited:

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
It would be cool to see your stage designs in the FSD doa6 stage wiki. Feel free to add them.

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
It would be cool to see your stage designs in the FSD doa6 stage wiki. Feel free to add them.

Thanks, I don't remenber I can add it to WIKI,
Please Fighters help me with english, I'm still learning and I don't want write something wrong XD,
If anyone can read and fix my mistakes it's gonna be much appreciated :

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
I create a POLL to you fighters !
Click on this link to vote for the next stage I will draw !

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD