DOA6 Trailer and Gameplay Breakdown

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
That sounds very incomplete. Or it may be a design decision to simplify things by making things even more binary when choosing linear vs. tracking.

Is there a noticeable change to the stun threshold system? That would be a positive change.
Critical Stun still looks like it feels pretty much like it did in 5 from the gameplay shown yesterday. The side step attack is a decent damage hard knock back for everyone it looks like so I imagine it's way minus on block and punishable if it's used carelessly. Ontop of this the biggest thing I took away from watching the footage over again was that Break Holds are more like an interrupt than an actual hold. Yes you get your opponent's back but it looks like unless you're at a wall it spaces you out far enough for it to be more of a reset than advantage for the user.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
A thing to note looking back. That wind dash we assume could be an expanded option may actually be part of Hayate's Fatal Rush. Noticed this in gameplay clips.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
So far, no. Both parties gain meter, one gains faster. This is very much up for alteration, and I expect it to change several times before release, and probably even after.

I don't see fatal rush going anywhere. It's pretty much just a high critical burst without the stun requirements. When you consider how slow and easily avoided it is, it's not that big of a deal. Of all the new mechanics its probably the most tame. Break Blow is the one thats problematic.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD