DOA6 violence discussion

Normal

The blood is just a screen effect and the bruising looks pretty tame and superficial so far.

I'm saying that heads snapping back from throws like Tina's HiC neutral throw where she puts her knee into their head while dropping their entire weight on it feels more violent than the Break Blow face punch.

Leon tackling girls into full mount and then beating their faces in if you don't tech out is more graphic than some blood effects on the screen.

All of the Ninjas have some form of a neck breaking throw with sound effects.

All of these things portray violence in a much more in your face manner than some slight bruising and (Personally pretty cheap) blood effects on the screen. If these tame effects are all it takes to trigger some people then I dunno man.
There is also blood in game.
doa6-breakblow4-1528465436104_610w.jpg

Hayabusiness

None has involved bruises or blood.

You are not just saying anything.

Many people have become confused to like that post. There was no sense.

If Team Ninja is smart, they will make it so we can toggle it off, but I think it will probably the standard setting because they seem pretty proud of their sweat, bruises, etc graphical effects, and they always put importance in graphics and wow factor.
Maybe in Japan the standard will be toggled off because they have more issues with violent videogames than the USA and parts of Europe.

Violence on women is a pretty touchy subject but I think that this game is a different situation than games that go out of their way to make people have violent fantasies or oogle at carnage.
Yes, you will have perverts go all over it but that happens with every female character doing anything: I'm sure sleep fetishists do whatever they can to take screenshots of sleeping female characters, just to name something tame.

DOA is an unrealistic fantasy fighter that is all about the wow factor: I think this bruises thing is just part of it much like dinosaurs in DOA4, multilayered stages' crazy events and so on... I don't think they are actively catering to fetishists (after all the trailer only had guys getting hurt), they just want to make it equal across all characters (and I they definitely are making some characters look like they are less hurt than others and will keep on doing so).

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Inappropriate way to admit you were wrong.
I don't believe so. I was incorrect on the extent of the blood effects. The rest I stand by because It's accurate.
If Team Ninja is smart, they will make it so we can toggle it off, but I think it will probably the standard setting because they seem pretty proud of their sweat, bruises, etc graphical effects, and they always put importance in graphics and wow factor.
Maybe in Japan the standard will be toggled off because they have more issues with violent videogames than the USA and parts of Europe.

Violence on women is a pretty touchy subject but I think that this game is a different situation than games that go out of their way to make people have violent fantasies or oogle at carnage.
Yes, you will have perverts go all over it but that happens with every female character doing anything: I'm sure sleep fetishists do whatever they can to take screenshots of sleeping female characters, just to name something tame.

DOA is an unrealistic fantasy fighter that is all about the wow factor: I think this bruises thing is just part of it much like dinosaurs in DOA4, multilayered stages' crazy events and so on... I don't think they are actively catering to fetishists (after all the trailer only had guys getting hurt), they just want to make it equal across all characters (and they are definitely making some characters look like they are less hurt than others and will keep on doing so).
I agree completely with everything here! Well put.

Normal

I don't believe so. I was incorrect on the extent of the blood effects. The rest I stand by because It's accurate.

I agree completely with everything here! Well put.
There is still difference between crunching sound effect of painful grapple and punch, to bruise and blood. Never an idea of killing intent, it is only KNOCKOUT K.O. and even after losing, the opponent rolls around. It is not like Mortal Kombat fatality or Samurai Shodown V:Special.
Blood and bruise on male fighter is not too dramatic, as this is like real MMA boxing match. However women MMA fighters are not extremely pretty and delicate and soft as DoA supermodel women.
I see Zack punch Jann Lee in face with bruises and blood, and see parallel to MMA.
I see Zack punch Kasumi in face with bruises and blood, and wish to call police.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Blood and bruise on male fighter is not too dramatic, as this is like real MMA boxing match. However women MMA fighters are not extremely pretty and delicate and soft as DoA supermodel women.
I see Zack punch Jann Lee in face with bruises and blood, and see parallel to MMA.
I see Zack punch Kasumi in face with bruises and blood, and wish to call police.
I'm not going to get political here because that isn't the point of this thread but... Lol

There are a ton of women in MMA that would immediately prove you wrong on that point. So because they're not dolled up with makeup and looking like they're ready to go on a date, it's alright in your mind for them to get full mounted into ground and pound until they stop moving.

And by your logic because DOA girls always look pretty and delicate like roses, they should never be subjected to the reality of a genuine fight: They're going to get hit in the face and it's going to hurt.

In both of these instances both sets of women are prepared for the very real punishment that comes with getting into a fight.

You could call the police because you saw Hitomi or Ayane get bopped in the face, but you might also want to call an ambulance for the idiot that hit her because they're going to be in a lot more trouble than she is when she's done with him.

Normal

There are a ton of women in MMA that would immediately prove you wrong on that point. So because they're not dolled up with makeup and looking like they're ready to go on a date, it's alright in your mind for them to get full mounted into ground and pound until they stop moving.
Not so, and rewording my statement.
cyborg-holm.jpg
aa7c62840152077d18f675622554e858_vice_670.jpg
womens-mma-bantamweight-champion-Holly-Holm.jpg

Here are some women MMA fighters. Dramatic difference from slender DoA women with pretty face and slender bodies.

I do not find value of this conversation so I will just end by saying my intent of hope is that blood and such problems either be removed or toggled OFF by default, or DoA women do not bleed. Too see pretty DoA women bleed is no better for DoA tournament image than incessant 30+ sexy costumes as DoA5, and tournament game is made for plug and play. You have disc, you have console, you have controllers, you have tournament. Should not require extra optional steps to enable or disable visual features.

Normal

Recent lurker that's a bit more interested in the series after seeing DOA6 after not playing since DOA4. Didn't plan on making an account until I read this bullshit. Your only logic that bruising isn't allowed on women is because they are slim and cute? I get you're trying to be the SJW here but you're really just being sexist AF. DOA5 built its marketing campaign around that women can be fighters too, but now that gets thrown out the window because you dont want to see them bruised like the men do?

Also, all the fighters except for pennington you linked are basically the heavyweight equivalent (145lbs) of women's MMA. You do know that there are smaller divisions for "petite" women right? There's good looking WMMA fighters that are petite (Michelle Waterson, Paige Van Zant, Rousey/Dern post-weight cut, Alexa Grasso, etc.) and they get bloodied and bruised too. I suppose you think the UFC games should just take off damage for any girl that you would rate 7 or higher?
20161216_0005_Michelle_Waterson.jpg

doa6-helena-ss1-1528465436095.jpg

I am very unsure how you compare your own elect counter-examples with DoA girls and less with the previous heavyweight photos. DoA girls have soft features, large breast, and no muscle tone. Brute wish to ban me for saying your post is braindamage, but if it isn't braindamage it is eye damage. Can you not see differences?
Even with reduce sexuality, DoA girls remain very pretty. It is important to have good looking characters.

Last edited:

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Is “Normal” supposed to be an oxymoron?
this was a huge waste of my time to read :confused:

As a fan of mortal kombat I welcome this addition gladly as the slow mo is akin to MK X-rays. Anything to make matches more hype or visceral I’m all for. The fact that the face models are able to bleed, bruise and deform shows they are not trying to make this game realistic but expressive and intense. I like the direction thus far :)

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
So that whole exchange can be summed up pretty easily lol Dont know whether to call that sexism or what. I dunno. Guy is weird.

Guys like him are going to be more offended by this "Violence" than any woman I know. Every girl I ever played DOA infront of was more interested in the bouncing bits than what was happening to the girl because....

Spoilers!

This is a fighting game.

If you dont want your pretty little dolls to get hurt stick to the Volleyball game. Here they get stun threshold launched into juggles and walls and HiC Thrown in the dirt.

Normal

Unprofessional Behavior
I can see why everyone here is acknowledging that you are impossible to argue with.

First you say it's okay for women fighters to bleed because they are not petite, and they are ugly. You then post several pictures of women that weigh upwards of 180lbs, and then say they are allowed to bleed. Then I give you examples of good looking fighters that are petite. Now you change the goalpost that she's actually allowed to bleed, not because she isnt pretty or isn't slender, but because she doesnt have big titties and has some muscle tone (you realize she's flexing for press photos right?).
Quit being delusional sore loser. It is not endearing. People of like you are why DoA5 was lame gameplay. "BUT HOLD STRONG", "BUT NO GUARANTEE", "BUT"

no more "Buts". You were wrong to argue. You provided counter-examples. Counter-examples remain wrong. "BUT..."
no. I have poor english, yet you have poor brain and does not matter any language you speak when it is all nonsense. Go beat your wife if you want to see pretty women bleed. Then enjoy jail.

Do not care about your hugbox of like each other posts. You are easily more liberal blind than SJW, and shameful to call me like SJW. Use argument to make sense if possible, not immediate attack against humanity like troll. This is AD HOMINEM.
You derail thread into flamewar. Shame on you.

Last edited:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
So anyway.

I think the level of "Violence" they're depicting in DOA6 so far is just fine. They wanted to add some more spectacle for tournaments and hype moments. S'cool to me. I don't see gender when I'm playing I just see hands and feet. Watching movements and animations so I can react. I won't even notice the face punches to be totally honest.

Will make for some fab replays though.

Fantailler

One word :

Why ?

It doesn't really add anything to the impact,it looks more comical with their dumb facial expressions than anything else.So yeah no thanks.

Ono is a clown and SFV is bad joke getting old.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
One word :

Why ?

It doesn't really add anything to the impact,it looks more comical with their dumb facial expressions than anything else.So yeah no thanks.

Ono is a clown and SFV is bad joke getting old.
Yeah I kind of agree it doesn't really add anything substantial. Definitely more for the spectators than the players themselves it seems like since I for one won't even realize the face cams are even happening. Too focused on the fight usually to notice the visuals. In that vein though I don't really think it's going to add much for the spectators either though I get what they're going for. However people don't get hype because of the image of someone getting bopped in the jaw, it has to be the context surrounding it. A perfectly timed Break Blow to finish off the final round in a Grand Final will generate hype while the same hit in pools will mean nothing to anyone.

Not sure what SFV has to do with this topic unless you're tying back to Meter which is a separate thread all together lmao

Fantailler

I mentionned SFV because it's the same thing as Ultras, adding dumb facial expressions on the Last hit...meh..

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I mentionned SFV because it's the same thing as Ultras, adding dumb facial expressions on the Last hit...meh..
They're not dumb imo, have you actually ever watched a fight or been in one? If you hit someone hard or punch someone hard, they're gonna make a dumb looking or unflattering looking face unless you're trying hard to resist the fist pressing against you, especially if you didn't expect a blow.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD