DOA6 violence discussion

Fantailler

They're not dumb imo, have you actually ever watched a fight or been in one? If you hit someone hard or punch someone hard, they're gonna make a dumb looking or unflattering looking face unless you're trying hard to resist the fist pressing against you, especially if you didn't expect a blow.

Yes i've been in a fight and yeah i've seen more than one,does it change anything to the"relevance" of my opinion related to my taste ?

I find it dumb looking and it has already been done before.Nothing new nothing impressive, no wow or ouch factor.Looks forced. More impressed by a critical burst,simple and efficient.

In a real fight you'd lose one of your teeth so let's add flying teeth !

I'ts added purely for "coolness and aesthetic" so i judge it as is, aesthetically speaking it doesn't work for me.You like it ? I'm happy for you for me it's meh as I stated.

It might be subject to change but it's a simple blow in the face.I would have prefered something better like holds animations, something more choregraphed.

Last edited:

Shirataki Tsume

They're not dumb imo, have you actually ever watched a fight or been in one? If you hit someone hard or punch someone hard, they're gonna make a dumb looking or unflattering looking face unless you're trying hard to resist the fist pressing against you, especially if you didn't expect a blow.
Yeah, like these xD
SF4 face 2.jpg

SF4 face.jpg

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Yeah the dumb faces are dumb THATS THE POINT You are rewarded for using the meter blows with unmasking/ making your opponent look silly. If you don’t like it don’t get hit with the set up.

Tbh I would rage during a match if someone unmasked my la mariposa :mad:
*insert lisa’s doa4 ending here*

Raansu

I'm not really bothered by it. Its a fighting game, seems only natural that as graphics get better you'd start seeing things like bruises, cuts, blood, covered in dirt when two fighters are going at it. I'm sure there will be an option to disable it for those that don't like it.

Xhominid The Demon Within

Yeah the dumb faces are dumb THATS THE POINT You are rewarded for using the meter blows with unmasking/ making your opponent look silly. If you don’t like it don’t get hit with the set up.

Tbh I would rage during a match if someone unmasked my la mariposa :mad:
*insert lisa’s doa4 ending here*

Um, there's a difference between punching them to make grimacing faces, and making faces that make them look funny...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Tbf the characters in DOA have always made silly or dumb looking faces, In DOA4 they made these blank, dreaming faces when they got hit as if they were getting off from being hit. When Kasumi strikes in DOA5LR I find her facial expression to be quite unflattering the way she scrunches up her face and smiles at the same time XD

Screenshot (564).png

Plus all the characters when they get hit either look like they're getting off from something or like they busting a nut XD So these new faces don't even faze me. If anything they look like they're in pain this time, rather than being pleasured like this Eliot screenshot I took -_-
Screenshot (806).png

Hajin'

I find what Leon and Bayman can do to a human body (female or not) way more violent than this cute gimmick. Most of them look more pissed than in pain :D

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I find what Leon and Bayman can do to a human body (female or not) way more violent than this cute gimmick. Most of them look more pissed than in pain :D
That is EXACTLY my point.

Oh you landed a Break Blow?

Boy you better move your ass, Ayane is m%)&^!# F%&$*@^ COMING for that ass.

Land this cheap scrubby mechanic on Ayane and see if she doesn't intimately introduce your face to your grundle.

Squizzo

I'm not against the violence aspect, it works great for a game like Mortal Kombat (the more gore the better) but it just doesn't feel right for doa. The slow mo face shots are straight up hideous and the screen blood splatters are distracting and pointless. They look cheap and ugly, slow down the action and zooms in and out causing some disorientation. The attacks to the mid section like Kasumi and Hayate are alright because it doesn't zoom in so much and you don't have to see an up close and personal shot of a super ninja aloof grimacing in all too human pain.

The blood and bruises look horrible and have an all together unpleasant vibe. Part of the somewhat campy appeal of fg's like doa is that fighters can get smashed through a dozen walls and walk out without a hair out of place. The reality of seeing your character with a split lip, black eye and gigantic oozing haematoma is just grotesque and breaks the fantasy of a game that borders on the ludicrously cheesy. A game where a petite school girl can fight a grizzled 6'6" assassin or a bikini clad ninja can kick a DJ, wearing a skin tight silver bodysuit off of a skyscraper, has no business going anywhere near the reality of cuts and bruises. I mean, do you really want to see characters at the end of the round pissing blood from the massive swelling on their head? or perhaps a nice gap toothed smile like some redneck at the end of a backyard wrestling match? What does this really add to the game except to take away from the fantasy of the badass characters as they stand at the end of the round like they are about to head straight to the emergency room. It makes the game feel like some backyard brawl that you stumbled upon on Youtube and feel slightly bad for watching afterwards.

Unpleasant
qfyfrn74vq8pty0u.jpg

Ugly
fy9uev7nhbnhy6r2.jpg

Poorly rendered at best
re62yl6c88e42g56.jpg

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Yeah, @Squizzo I agree that the blood looks pretty bad... that needs some work of some kind... but I have seen far better face shots than the ones you've posted. I recommend watching the 4K video from Max. I do think that it should be optional, but I also agree with whoever said Team NINJA should take advantage of that M-rating.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I agree with DestructionBomb Haha I let myself get too hype at the outset and bought into overanalyzing. Its run its course now lmao

JJdude

Not sure how to really feel about it honestly. Kind of pulling a MKX with the "toning down" the sexuallity and up the violence.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD