DoA6 was playable at E3

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
It was playable for the media... that's it. They did not have a booth at E3, but a room that the media could have access to for DOA6.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
I'm not even sure if there are changes to the hold system based on everything we've seen.

Hmm. Overall for the pre-release build and time-frame they're at it's looking fine to me. I'm 100% convinced now that after they bring it to EVO they'll rework some stuff and be closer to a finished cohesive product based off the criticism.

One thing though...

That HiC Throw Helena landed in the first video hit like a god damn nuke. They really should have worked one of the Grapplers into this demo build to see what those HiC Throws look like in proper hands... Tina and Bass are going to be terrifying just based off Helena's damage. And imagine Alpha's command throws lmfao

Raansu

Apparently MASTER was playing in this video, and it seems like the way fatal rush is broken down is fatal rush stun, then a string of normal strikes which can be counter (which would explain in other videos people holding during the fatal rush stun despite being told fatal rush is unholdable) followed by two more hits that cause fatal rush stuns. So right now the game seems to give you a small window to break out of the fatal rush if the string is continued, which gives you a choice to risk getting mid counter held in the small window for the big combo into break blow or utilize the unholdable first fatal rush stun and go for a launcher.

At 1:19 Jann does the break hold, gets thrown and is at half meter again. *sigh* that's way too much for getting thrown. I don't like this meter thing at all, especially how quickly it builds.

Also, it was really nice to see competent gameplay and not just two people mashing lol.

Edit:

Ok uh, Kasumi didn't do standard hits after her first fatal strike like Jann Lee and Helena did. Soooooo I guess it depends on the character? Or maybe it was unintentional for the other two because Kasumi's is just a bunch of teleport attacks.

Last edited:

NewWestFan

Premium Donor

Apparently MASTER was playing in this video, and it seems like the way fatal rush is broken down is fatal rush stun, then a string of normal strikes which can be counter (which would explain in other videos people holding during the fatal rush stun despite being told fatal rush is unholdable) followed by two more hits that cause fatal rush stuns. So right now the game seems to give you a small window to break out of the fatal rush if the string is continued, which gives you a choice to risk getting mid counter held in the small window for the big combo into break blow or utilize the unholdable first fatal rush stun and go for a launcher.

Also, it was really nice to see competent gameplay and not just two people mashing lol.

Edit:

Ok uh, Kasumi didn't do standard hits after her first fatal strike like Jann Lee and Helena did. Soooooo I guess it depends on the character? Or maybe it was unintentional for the other two because Kasumi's is just a bunch of teleport attacks.
Not sure I like the idea of FRs not being uniform in their stun mechanics across the cast. Either they are inescapable except via BH or they have a holdable window. The last thing DOA needs is certain characters just flat out being better and creating a lopsided meta where character viability is a legitimate question.

Raansu

Not sure I like the idea of FRs not being uniform in their stun mechanics across the cast. Either they are inescapable except via BH or they have a holdable window. The last thing DOA needs is certain characters just flat out being better and creating a lopsided meta where character viability is a legitimate question.

Well for now I'm just going to leave it at it being an early build and that was possibly unintentional. Hopefully we'll see a more fleshed out build at EVO.

Ayanelove

I can't believe it. . .it's finally happening. DOA6 is coming and in about half a year not a decade (like some other games). I might hope back into the scene this go around.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD