DOAD Tier List Discussion

SilverForte

I'm laughing how everyone in this thread thought Alpha wouldn't be a threat cause she has no holds, oh how times have changed.

Oh and genra is at least high tier in this game, if not top 3.

Tenryuga

Ein is bottom in this game for sure. Friggin -1 2P? No NH launch 4K? No PKK? Unless 6P+K is really that powerful a tool thats the only thing I can see saving him lol.

SilverForte

Ein is bottom in this game for sure. Friggin -1 2P? No NH launch 4K? No PKK? Unless 6P+K is really that powerful a tool thats the only thing I can see saving him lol.

Well 2p seems to be 0 or -1 randomly, still sucks though. Oh, and 33T is 65 damage in this game too. 3 H+K is - on block, 236K is I think neutral. Only good things about doad ein are 14 frame 6 P+K and 46K is +5.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'm laughing how everyone in this thread thought Alpha wouldn't be a threat cause she has no holds, oh how times have changed.
Our concerns were that her holds teleported her to the same exact position she was in. Since she technically "successfully" held, this reset the damage scaling and thus her opponent would be doing even more damage to her than if she had just sat there and took it. They addressed this specifically because of our concerns in this thread. Team Ninja did actively read this forum at some point, I'm not sure if they still do since they have more venues for input these days since the community has grown so much but I would not be shocked.

Also, DOAD had a single mid-hold, which made a lot of her quick hitting mid strings kind of useless. You could successfully mid-hold her quite easily in DOAD in comparison to DOA5. The only thing she really had going for her, which I miss, is great OH damage. :8::F+P: was fairly quick, crushed lows, dealt great damage on NH and even better on CH and HCH, and was pretty good about catching people off guard that thought she was doing her FLOAT stance.

SilverForte

Yeah I see that, her OH damage was crazy. Also her 7k is bananas in this game.

You sure about her holds? From my experience the only time she would teleport in place was when she was in the the corner, everywhere else she teleported a distance behind you.

synce

How was Alpha's 7K in DOAD? It was pretty good in DOA5 vanilla (fast recovery, +0 on guard) but got nerfed at some point like the rest of her movelist.

SilverForte

How was Alpha's 7K in DOAD? It was pretty good in DOA5 vanilla (fast recovery, +0 on guard) but got nerfed at some point like the rest of her movelist.

7K in doad is the same as it was in vanilla before the patches. Doad alpha is basically release day vanilla alpha, except her parry doesn't do anything. She also does a heck of a lot more damage cause the normal health is 240 in this game. Burst does 135 on HC.

Last edited:

MajesticBlue

12 frame mid that crushes and plus 2 on block at certain ranges if I remember right. It has been to long. Either way even at 0 with a 9 frame jab and strong through was amazing.

Also I recall a glitch with ein in one game. The frame data or frame counter said he was at minus 1 or zero but was actually plus 1. Due to some sort of animation issue. Wanna say it might have been doa4 though. Really wish I Rembered more.

Last edited:

Nightpup

Actually in DOAD Alpha's teleport was always just further away from the opponent instead of behind them. The only time it was behind them was when she was against a wall, and even then sometimes she would just teleport in place. Alpha-152 could tear you a new one really fast, but the moment you land a hit on her she's pretty much fucked.

Jaguar360

Alpha needs to move up, like one or two tiers. Her holds are her only real flaw, as her combo damage is insane, especially against a wall and her throws and offensive holds are excellent. She is the ultimate glass cannon in this game. 7K is insane and she has some nice mixups even if her movelist is a bit small. Her main problems in the cast are characters with parries and Hayabusa but most others are wrecked, especially the slower characters like Genra, Raidou and Bass (obviously).

synce

Just curious did Alpha have her i10 OH in DOAD? I remember that move and the 7K reset were all that kept her from turning into a ragdoll against the wall in vanilla DOA5. If she had both tools I would agree she's top tier as she was in vanilla DOA5. But if it's just one then mid at best, and without either then I'd say her tier placement varies depending on the size of the stage haha

Regarding damage though you have to consider that in a typical match a character's damage output adds up from combos, throws, and counters, while Alpha only has two sources of damage. So I think it's well balanced that her combos and throws are stronger to compensate, but some people disagree I guess

Nightpup

She did have the i10 OH in DOAD, yes. DOAD was the game it originated in, as it was a 7-frame throw in DOA4.

SilverForte

Alpha needs to move up, like one or two tiers. Her holds are her only real flaw, as her combo damage is insane, especially against a wall and her throws and offensive holds are excellent. She is the ultimate glass cannon in this game. 7K is insane and she has some nice mixups even if her movelist is a bit small. Her main problems in the cast are characters with parries and Hayabusa but most others are wrecked, especially the slower characters like Genra, Raidou and Bass (obviously).

Genra vs alpha was ouch, he couldn't even use his lightning to zone her properly.

SilverForte

Nah not really, vs ryu he never had time to teleport because you could just zap him as he wove his arms around.

Jaguar360

Hayate and Kasumi are really good against him though, Hayate having a somewhat fast teleport and good speed and general and Kasumi having her teleport parry.

SilverForte

The 3 Kasumis are really the only characters that give him a run for his money. He stomps on everyone else though.

Hitomi gives him problems too with her large amount of delayable strings, plus she's pretty safe in this game, 236K being +3 among others. I honestly think hitomi is the best character in doad.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD