Community "Don't think. Feel" The Jann Lee General Discussion Thread

Darkslay

Jann Lee Banner.jpg

It wasn't until @KING JAIMY's recent mention that i noticed that there wasn't a general discussion thread for Jann Lee, now that will be fixed.

The main point of this thread will be to discuss anything related to the character, strategy, combos, setups, suggestions and the like.

I already made a comprehensive Guide for Jann Lee as a starting point for the interested in either picking up the character or getting better with him, any questions or doubts regarding the guide or Jann Lee in general, i'll gladly respond to my best effort. I will also leave these people provide support and contribute to the thread as well:
@Gurimmjaw
@RyuJin
@DroWin_MaN
@eks2009
@KING JAIMY
@RiBu
@ZakkuRye
@Kberry14

The Dragon Guide:
@Kberry14's Jann Lee combo video:

RiBu

I think the guide covers most stuff from what I watched of it. I don't feel like he has a lot of tech compared to other characters, but I also play him very boring.

I do like that you went over his specific stage combos.

KING JAIMY

One thing I found peculiar is that Jann Lee players delay the second punch of 4PP when the first punch launches. Is this accidental, or does it actually serve a purpose?

A perfect example of this happening is the BnB combo shown at 8:39 in Darkslay's Dragon Guide.

Darkslay

One thing I found peculiar is that Jann Lee players delay the second punch of 4PP when the first punch launches. Is this accidental, or does it actually serve a purpose?

A perfect example of this happening is the BnB combo shown at 8:39 in Darkslay's Dragon Guide.

It does indeed serve a purpose.

4P causes a bounce launch and since the second P is a mid to high, it becomes an auto-juggle, like those combos for example, if i did 4PP straight away it would keep her at ground level, not allowing me to followup with 6K46K or PPP6P. Delaying the bounce on 4P allows for extended combos. :)

KING JAIMY

It does indeed serve a purpose.

4P causes a bounce launch and since the second P is a mid to high, it becomes an auto-juggle, like those combos for example, if i did 4PP straight away it would keep her at ground level, not allowing me to followup with 6K46K or PPP6P. Delaying the bounce on 4P allows for extended combos. :)
Oh okay that's good to know thanks for the response! :)

KING JAIMY

I'm pretty sure Emperor Cow is working on a combo video for Jann Lee. I'm especially curious about the now-slow escapable setups he created, can't wait to see it!

Gurimmjaw

So I have been looking at all of Jann Lee's Force techs, and stuff like 1K, 1P, and 2h+K pushes the opponent really far back. 8h+K doesn't push back far but it is a bit slow.

There are his other force techs which I would say doesn't push opponent back at all and that is 4kkp(last hit) and bt 2p and probably his best ones.

4kkp is awesome as force tech. You can force tech them up and they will be close to you when you ft them up but you have to do some delaying. Now if they tech roll you can just do 4kk if they tech roll you can do something like 9p or 6p. From my testing after doing a 4kk there is at least a +5 advantage.

Not sure how to set up bt 2p but possibly after 6h+K or 8ppp as ender(not in juggle)

Last edited:

Darkslay

So I have been looking at all of Jann Lee's Force techs, and stuff like 1K, 1P, and 2h+K pushes the opponent really far back. 8h+K doesn't push back far but it is a bit slow.

There are his other force techs which I would say doesn't push opponent back at all and that is 4kkp(last hit) and bt 2p and probably his best ones.

4kkp is awesome as force tech. You can force tech them up and they will be close to you when you ft them up but you have to do some delaying. Now if they tech roll you can just do 4kk if they tech roll you can do something like 9p or 6p. From my testing after doing a 4kk there is at least a +5 advantage.

Not sure how to set up bt 2p but possibly after 6h+K or 8ppp as ender(not in juggle)

I've been messing around a lot with Lee's ground game, there's a lot of interesting options you can use, and there are some ways to safely set up 8H+K.

For 4KKP, its pretty easy to set it up either at the wall or a juggle, in open space there's various ways i set it up. Either after a limbo stun, i backdash so that 4KKP whiffs or only the first K lands, or after 6H+K without going into DS, you can also use either of 6P+K for the faint stun, or 8PPP for the crumple stun.

For BT 2P and 2K i got this:

At the wall
66K > H+K > 44P > FT
5KK > 5K > 44P > FT
6H+K4 > DS 6K > 44P> FT
4PP > 5K > 44P > FT

In a juggle
PP6P > PP4P > FT

In open space you gotta get a little more creative, like you said, you can use 6H+K, 8PPP and 6P+K, but you can also do 44P in a LV 3 stun and either do 44P > FT or BT PP4P > FT.

That's all i got, Jann Lee's ground game is not bad, its just very hidden in his moveset

Gurimmjaw

I've been messing around a lot with Lee's ground game, there's a lot of interesting options you can use, and there are some ways to safely set up 8H+K.

For 4KKP, its pretty easy to set it up either at the wall or a juggle, in open space there's various ways i set it up. Either after a limbo stun, i backdash so that 4KKP whiffs or only the first K lands, or after 6H+K without going into DS, you can also use either of 6P+K for the faint stun, or 8PPP for the crumple stun.

For BT 2P and 2K i got this:

At the wall
66K > H+K > 44P > FT
5KK > 5K > 44P > FT
6H+K4 > DS 6K > 44P> FT
4PP > 5K > 44P > FT

In a juggle
PP6P > PP4P > FT

In open space you gotta get a little more creative, like you said, you can use 6H+K, 8PPP and 6P+K, but you can also do 44P in a LV 3 stun and either do 44P > FT or BT PP4P > FT.

That's all i got, Jann Lee's ground game is not bad, its just very hidden in his moveset

There are ways to safely set up 8+K and been trying with 8ppp so something like 6h+K4, DS K, 8ppp, 8h+k. Ones the 1st 8p goes in you are lvl 3 critical stun.

I never tried doing the 4kkp in juggle but testing it out now seems good but I prefer in open space. The best way to do this is during level 2 or 3 critical use 4k and then delay the the 2nd hit in 4kkp.

Now I did more testing with bt 2p and found some good set ups with it.

4pp, 44p, bt 4p, 44p, bt 2p
4pp, pp4p, bt 4p, 44p, bt 2p

I also love the stuff you do at wall I do like doing 66k, 9kk, and then 1k

I agree with you 100% man. There are some hidden stuff with his ground game. A lot underrate his ground game.

Darkslay

There are ways to safely set up 8+K and been trying with 8ppp so something like 6h+K4, DS K, 8ppp, 8h+k. Ones the 1st 8p goes in you are lvl 3 critical stun.

I never tried doing the 4kkp in juggle but testing it out now seems good but I prefer in open space. The best way to do this is during level 2 or 3 critical use 4k and then delay the the 2nd hit in 4kkp.

Now I did more testing with bt 2p and found some good set ups with it.

4pp, 44p, bt 4p, 44p, bt 2p
4pp, pp4p, bt 4p, 44p, bt 2p

I also love the stuff you do at wall I do like doing 66k, 9kk, and then 1k

I agree with you 100% man. There are some hidden stuff with his ground game. A lot underrate his ground game.
Of course, 6H+K4 and either DS P, 6P or K can lead into 8PPP guaranteed, you can also follow up any stun with 3K or 6K and then do 8PPP for the same result.

However there's another much safer method, doing 6P twice in a stun will give you the same slide knockdown, same is the case with 3K and 44P in a LV3 stun. You can also set up 8H+K in a launch by doing PP6P > 6H+K > 8H+K, it doesn't work on all weights of course.

Those are some great setups, good stuff bro, there's also some fun setups with 5K4K4/3K4K4 since they leave you BT.

He also has a lot of good wall setups and combos, not just 9P 6K46K, those are all on the guide of course.

Gurimmjaw

Yeah that option is safer so doing 6p and 3K is indeed much safer than the 8ppp

I haven't messed with 3K4K at all but definitely not in force tech situations but I do like doing K4K bt 4k.

Not sure if you remember, but before I talked to you about a set up that trips opponent with 2p, 1K, 1p, and 2k. It from bt so can be done after a cb and freestep to do one of these options or during limbo stun when you bt them. The option is great because they can't tech roll at all so after you trip with a 2p for example you can do 1K and force tech them and no worries of a techroll happening.

KING JAIMY

Everything guaranteed here except that kk cb since they can slow escape before you hit the cb. However the 6k 4h+K, and 8p 4h+k guaranteed. Did this on the fastest stagger escape.
That is cool! However, I'm wondering if they can hold 4H+K after 6K or 8P if you set the AI to both fastest stagger escape and critical hold to fastest.

Gurimmjaw

That is cool! However, I'm wondering if they can hold 4H+K after 6K or 8P if you set the AI to both fastest stagger escape and critical hold to fastest.

Unfortunately, they do have the chance to hold when set to stagger escape fastest and critical hold fastest. You can't even get a 6p lolololol.

But yeah after 8p or 6k and and they don't slow escape on fastest and hold on fastest you can do 4h+k and rest they can't slow escape or hold on fastest.

You can do 6h+k then when they hold and near their back you can do 4kkp and get around 99 dmg or more without worrying about a hold

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD