Community "Don't think. Feel" The Jann Lee General Discussion Thread

Darkslay

you mean 8H+K?

what does it have to do with launcher heights?
Ahh, sorry. I meant 2P+K, the switch stance.

My take on it is that, as previously mentioned, the opponent's hurtbox is increased as if they where doing a low crush while remaining on the ground, however since it's a neutral state the launcher doesn't give you a CH or HCH like jumping moves do, basically, it's as if the game thought the opponent was in higher ground while a move like JL's 2P+K was active, hence the increase in launcher height, which is dumb, since slopes, actual higher grounds, don't work like that.

Darkslay

The Followups are back, bois!

This time I'll go over slope optimization and jab launching, a universal mechanic that's overlooked far too frequently, in my opinion.

As always, any questions I'll be glad to answer by myself or with the help of anyone else in here.

Thanks for watching. Cheers.

Darkslay

The 5th installment of the followups is here. And this time it features a certain someone's voice.

This time we'll look at an interesting way Jann Lee can mantain pressure after a wall situation, as well as a small history lesson and some deeper insight on other technical aspects of the game.

As always, any questions feel free to ask me or any of the other guys in here. Thanks for watching. Cheers. :jannlee:

Eks

Play Yakuza
Premium Donor
The 5th installment of the followups is here. And this time it features a certain someone's voice.

This time we'll look at an interesting way Jann Lee can mantain pressure after a wall situation, as well as a small history lesson and some deeper insight on other technical aspects of the game.

As always, any questions feel free to ask me or any of the other guys in here. Thanks for watching. Cheers. :jannlee:
tumblr_mg86irwSCh1r3tjhco1_400.gif
66K Booiiiiii

Darkslay

Alright, dudes. Next Followup.

This time we'll be looking at some pretty advanced ways you can exploit the ground game in DOA5LR. It gets pretty nuts. All courtesy of @MASTER, go check out the guy's stuff. Like he's a like a superhero or somethin'.

As always, any questions or doubts I can gladly answer. Thanks for watching. Cheers.

Darkslay

Let's goooooooooo! Some new delicious tech here, bois.

This one's pretty crazy, yo. Get your pen and paper ready. We're going to go into the general mechanics of DOA and find how to take advantage of hidden properties of the ground game.

As always. Feel free to ask any questions, if necessary. Until next time! Cheers.

Darkslay

That's cool shit. I used to buffer DK from a backdash, using 441236K for whiff punishing WUKs. But that's next level, yo.

Darkslay

Alright, bois. Time to get the band back together. Information on this game has been coming down in rain levels, but I think I got a pretty good grip on the game in general and Jann Lee's new stuff. There's something that also needs to be talked about with 4KKP now re-launching if used in a juggle, but I'll get to that later.
What do you dudes think so far? KK6K is the dopest shit? Hype as fuck damage on 3P+K? Faster DG and 5K? Son. Let's actually fucking go.
@eks2009
@samuraihachi
@WAZAAAAA
@DestructionBomb
@Gurimmjaw
@RiBu
@ZakkuRye
@KING JAIMY
@Kberry14
@DroWin_MaN
@RyuJin

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD