Dragon Ball FighterZ

Brute

Standard Donor
That's unrelated.
Memes can raise popularity, which is reflected in fanbase interest, which often influences what characters show up in-game. So yeah, actually, it is totally related. While the Japanese fanbase and its interests will (almost) always take precedence, BN is obviously trying to market this thing to the huge Western audience that has expressed interest in it since its reveal, so paying attention to that fanbase would only make sense.

Juihau

That's unrelated.
It very well could be related, to be honest. The abridged series in particular has had very clear impact on the localization of the franchise as a whole in the past few years. TFS Nappa's voice is available in the Xenoverse games, Kai had a cameo from a good portion of the TFS cast (at least, before Toei forced Funimation to remove it from the home release), and the Super dub has been pretty obviously influenced by TFS' writing style, with a much more self-aware tone and callbacks to notable moments in the series' English history.

Take all that into consideration, add that the English-speaking Dragon Ball fanbase is pretty damn big, a decent portion of which is at least familiar with the abridged series, and the fact that Funimation generally has pretty solid communication with Japanese license holders... It's not exactly far-fetched to think that Nappa's popularity with western fans was a decent enough influence in his inclusion.

Brute

Standard Donor
Battle Tutorial: Block three of the opponent's attacks in a row.

*Opponent keeps back-dashing.*
*I move in to bait an attack, then quickly hit back to guard when I see opponent flinch.*
*Opponent just back dashes. Again.*

ArcSys: Yup. Looks like a helpful, useful and valid tutorial. Nothing else to do here.

Argentus

Battle Tutorial: Block three of the opponent's attacks in a row.

*Opponent keeps back-dashing.*
*I move in to bait an attack, then quickly hit back to guard when I see opponent flinch.*
*Opponent just back dashes. Again.*

ArcSys: Yup. Looks like a helpful, useful and valid tutorial. Nothing else to do here.

if you think THAT'S bad you should try Zamazu's mentor challenges in xenoverse 2. Jesus fucking christ.

Brute

Standard Donor
Haven't spent too much time with the game yet, but so far I've taken a liking to Piccolo most. Some of the gags in the story mode are actually pretty hilarious in how self-aware they are.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Loving the interaction by ArcSys and Namco US @Crazy_Chin_Guy

1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG

Last edited:

Radiance

Funny, I think Yamcha is actually a bit of a strong character in this game. Wolf Fang fist mixup's are ambiguous when paired with the right assist. 50/50 mixup's guessing which side and you can fake it. Been working and studying all day. Gonna test more tonight.

Radiance

I guess Freiza wasn't worth the effort for that meme lol. But I play Android 18 and Cell, that's mostly true lol.

What I would have liked for this game to have is multiple assist options for each characters. Some characters just have butt cheeks assist attacks.

and first 100% kill combo

Argentus

Funny, I think Yamcha is actually a bit of a strong character in this game. Wolf Fang fist mixup's are ambiguous when paired with the right assist. 50/50 mixup's guessing which side and you can fake it. Been working and studying all day. Gonna test more tonight.

yamcha's always translated well into the fighting games, because he actually has a very specific, defined fighting style compared to everyone else.

Radiance

An experimental combo I came up with. Not optimal, he can do more off this. But wouldn't waste the burst since he can do other things and still get the same damage. Just made it to look stylish lol. He can get some good damage and corner carry without an assist.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD