Banana56

Dynasty Warriors 9 will be an open world game

First new character Cheng Pu
teihu.png

Argentus

Dynasty Warriors 9 will be an open world game

First new character Cheng Pu
teihu.png

Not really first if you count that other guy who is debuting in Musou All Stars first, but he's technically for DW9 (like how Banjo debuted in Diddy Kong Racing before Banjo Kazooie)

Banana56

The new open world concept is going to be something to get used to

Otherwise looking forward to more from DW9

Argentus

okay yeah i wound up doing a basic moveset video for One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, and after doing that, i'm even more irritated at how dynasty warriors 9 combat looks super primitive by comparison.
Why are the spinoffs getting better core mechanics than the actual Warriors series?!

Argentus

That other guy can fuck off but LU LINQI YESSSSSSSSYESYESYESES

okay now, that said, I'm not sure how I feel about the new outfit, nor ditching the cross pike for basic sword and shield is kinda lame. I loved her using her father's old cross pike, especially since it basically made her a dance battler to wield the thing, with lots of spins and twirls.

On the outfit, looking at it, I love everything EXCEPT the waist area. Just shorts with no, belt or sash or anything just looks weird. should have kept the skirt or like a front tabard piece or something there.

Either way HHHHNNNNNNNNGGGG yesssssss can't wait to play her, all other flaws of the game be damned
giphy.gif

Last edited:

Banana56

That other guy can fuck off but LU LINQI YESSSSSSSSYESYESYESES

okay now, that said, I'm not sure how I feel about the new outfit, nor ditching the cross pike for basic sword and shield is kinda lame. I loved her using her father's old cross pike, especially since it basically made her a dance battler to wield the thing, with lots of spins and twirls.

On the outfit, looking at it, I love everything EXCEPT the waist area. Just shorts with no, belt or sash or anything just looks weird. should have kept the skirt or like a front tabard piece or something there.

Either way HHHHNNNNNNNNGGGG yesssssss can't wait to play her, all other flaws of the game be damned
giphy.gif

Now that you say it, idk why they got rid of her cross pike. That was a unique weapon she had

She'd now have a weapon similar to Xingcai's

Argentus

Now that you say it, idk why they got rid of her cross pike. That was a unique weapon she had

She'd now have a weapon similar to Xingcai's
well technically it was Lu Bu's DW6 weapon. 6 was the game where they swapped most around to standardized weapons and others got more "unique" weapons.

Also even Xingcai used to have a lance and tower shield instead of sword and regular shield.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

SQUEEE.JPG

YES! YES! YEEEEEEEEES!
I'll miss his claws, though. But this weapon seems...interesting?

oh, and ma dai no longer has his paintbrush T_T and
ma dai.JPG
zhang he lookin good af, but there's something up with ma dai's face and i can't put my finger on it

Last edited:

Argentus

View attachment 23915

YES! YES! YEEEEEEEEES!
I'll miss his claws, though. But this weapon seems...interesting?

oh, and ma dai no longer has his paintbrush T_T and
zhang he lookin good af, but there's something up with ma dai's face and i can't put my finger on it

yeah i'm getting less hyped with each reveal due to the weapon changes. Like I guess I can ACCEPT him losing the paintbrush because it WAS really silly and outlandish, and his new axes keep the paintbrush visual with the tufts on the axes, but Zhang He without claws is just WRONG. he's one of the most iconic of the entire series.

Banana56

So many characters getting their unique weapons replaced for weapons other characters already have

Kinda lame

Argentus

So many characters getting their unique weapons replaced for weapons other characters already have

Kinda lame

But the new outfits are bitchin'

Though xingcai looks kinda off without shoulderpads. Don't really like her new outfit.

Also now its wierd that my two mains both use sword and shield now since they got rid of Lu Linqui using the cross pike.

Argentus

21686396_10155156093906785_3200244740333823159_n.jpg

21616541_10155156093921785_7968197777652720199_n.jpg

Guan Yinping is the first DW9 redesign that I love EVERYTHING about. Didn't like her look OR weapon in DW8, but while most others only have a good new look but a terrible weapon change, both changes are awesome for her.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

i'm semi-new to Dynasty Warriors (started playing at 8 xtreme legends) why are people upset about weapon switch i don't understand?

Argentus

i'm semi-new to Dynasty Warriors (started playing at 8 xtreme legends) why are people upset about weapon switch i don't understand?
The whole reason they can get away with 80+ characters is with each having a unique weapon and moveset. They are taking it them away and giving people cloned copy/paste weapons again, to the point of iconic characters losing their weapons.

The series spent a long time evolving out of that to begin with and the one time they did it before, DW6, people HATED IT, and now they are going BACK to it, so everyon'es going "Oh god it's a repeat of DW6", especially bad after DW8, where they managed to make EVERYONE be totally unique, even if they had SIMILAR weapons.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD