Dynasty Warriors 9

Argentus

Well guess what game I'M preordering now.

23658402_10155307731416785_20212402860349932_n.jpg

Goddamn you TK. I'm still made she lost her weapon to get a clone of Xingcai's, but god DAMN that outfit.

*looks closer*

Wait that's a recolor of Sunshangxiang's DW5 outfit. No wonder I love it so much.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

YESSSSSS! Bao Sanniang yes I knew it was her, Best girl. ( Really like Bao and Daqiao ) Her design in this game is amazing looking. :eek:
See I was going to tag you but I wasn't 100% sure it was Bao Sanniang that was your fave DWaifu
she lookin like lil green riding hood tho so cute
I like everything except her weapon, it looks very generic
yea a lot of people are disappointed in the weapons :(

Bacaww

See I was going to tag you but I wasn't 100% sure it was Bao Sanniang that was your fave DWaifu
she lookin like lil green riding hood tho so cute

yea a lot of people are disappointed in the weapons :(

So am I they all look like a variation of twin axes, mandarin duck hooks or battle hoops. But what I really like about DW9 is the art style the characters look much more... realistic

Argentus

what a great and successful game amirite guys overly negative reviews bois

yeah, i picked it up, and the open world part isn't bad, but due to every area and mission being the same, plus half the characters being clones,a nd the new combat system meaning everyone feels and plays EXACTLY the same regardless of weapon, means i've already dropped the game.

Like I played some of Liu Bei's story until i unlocked Lu Lingqi, then I ran her chapter, then ran like halfway through SSX's several chapters until I just got burnt out.

And the other two characters I like are Wang Yi and Xingcai, who, there's no real reason for me to play long enough to unlock them, because they made Lingqi a clone of Xingcai, and Wang Yi a clone of SSX.

Doesn't help that the grappling hook completely breaks the entire game. Why do sieges or mission objectives or fight enemy officers when you can just hop the back wall to run right up to the final boss for every mission?

In older games, you'd have a combination of needing to do objectives to open the gates, plus chapter bosses not even spawning until you do said objectives, to keep crap like that from happening, but the grappling hook just invalidates a vast majority of the game.

Dont get me wrong, I had fun with the time I did play, but the lack of variety just makes it hard to keep playing.

I wound up just reinstalling DW8XL instead.

Mayor-Of-Mustard

yeah, i picked it up, and the open world part isn't bad, but due to every area and mission being the same, plus half the characters being clones,a nd the new combat system meaning everyone feels and plays EXACTLY the same regardless of weapon, means i've already dropped the game.

Like I played some of Liu Bei's story until i unlocked Lu Lingqi, then I ran her chapter, then ran like halfway through SSX's several chapters until I just got burnt out.

And the other two characters I like are Wang Yi and Xingcai, who, there's no real reason for me to play long enough to unlock them, because they made Lingqi a clone of Xingcai, and Wang Yi a clone of SSX.

Doesn't help that the grappling hook completely breaks the entire game. Why do sieges or mission objectives or fight enemy officers when you can just hop the back wall to run right up to the final boss for every mission?

In older games, you'd have a combination of needing to do objectives to open the gates, plus chapter bosses not even spawning until you do said objectives, to keep crap like that from happening, but the grappling hook just invalidates a vast majority of the game.

Dont get me wrong, I had fun with the time I did play, but the lack of variety just makes it hard to keep playing.

I wound up just reinstalling DW8XL instead.
I need to replay 8XL omff...I got too caught up in Orochi 3 Ultimate.

Banana56

Bought Dynasty Warriors 9 today and I’m sending it right back

Every aspect of it was either underwhelming or confusing. Not to mention as someone who got into the series from DW8, it’s way too different

Hopefully they go back to the DW8 format, or at least find some middle group between DW8-DW9 (mostly in favor of the former)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD