East Coast Throw Down Impressions (review)

NAPPY PROPHET

Standard Donor
I went to ECT. I would like to talk about my experiences and critique the experience. Please leave comments. ECT or East Coast Throw-down was in my backyard 39 minutes away from my home to be exact. It was no excuse for me not to at least show some support for the DOA community in which I am part of.

Critique

DOA Community Tournament Scene- Ok, I love Virtua Fighter the game, However, the community is very small in my opinion compared to DOA. I feel if a new game was released the VF community would grow. On the other hand, the DOA community is solid and growing. One has to remember the DOA community just this past year went up against a monster of a game in MKX and the community has survived with individuals still playing online at all times. The players I met at the event were individuals from all walks of life and they were kind, helpful individuals. Also, although I think all of us have gamer nerd like tendencies as a group we did not look like nerds or carry that stereo typical gaming dude persona as you see in other FGC. Furthermore, I feel the DOA community at the tournament were well reserved and organized. I took a look around at other FGC tables and I felt that some of the players were unapproachable and haggard. I was often asked by FGC individuals ( what can be done to grow the community?) I responded you have to be able to market individuals that appeal to casual gamers. The DOA community has marketable guys who are good players. What I did not like about the EVENT did not have anything to do with DOA or its community. ( I will post event specific dislikes in responses)

How Did I DO? - I felt if I practiced I would have been better. furthermore, I felt I held my own. I won rounds and a match. I did not get embarrassed or floored like I thought I would. Again if I was able to practice even with my limited knowledge of fighting games I would have done better. I had fun. ( I will add more experiences in response to OP)

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
Glad you were able to make it and I'm looking forward to seeing more impressions from a new player to the offline scene.

Raymond Vester

I had a blast, met some amazing people and everyone in the DOA community for the most part is very nice. Glad to have came all the way from Boston to go.

splslick

I was Raymond Vester, I played momiji. We may have played cause I played a few people there just for some casuals.
I dont think I played you unfortunately. I remember watching someone else who played Momiji at the tournament. Were you the one who was using the xbox one controller at the tournament?

Raymond Vester

I dont think I played you unfortunately. I remember watching someone else who played Momiji at the tournament. Were you the one who was using the xbox one controller at the tournament?
Yes I was, I'm used to playing xbox one and I tried using a PS4 controller and I was doing pretty bad, but then someone was nice enough to let me use there adapter and I started doing way better.

splslick

Yes I was, I'm used to playing xbox one and I tried using a PS4 controller and I was doing pretty bad, but then someone was nice enough to let me use there adapter and I started doing way better.
Thats really good...Hopefully you can make it out to other events...Like Summer Jam or Guts which happens in Philly and Mass :D

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD