East Coast vs West Coast

East Coast vs West Coast

• Total voters

Awesmic

Standard Donor
what are you talking about?
You gotta be kidding me. Vanity too? What is this, "Don't laugh at Awesmic's jokes" day?

If I rubbed folks here the wrong way, then damn, my bad... wasn't my intention. But I don't get this whole East Coast / West Coast rivalry. Like, how did it all begin and stuff?

Vanity Assassin

You gotta be kidding me. Vanity too? What is this, "Don't laugh at Awesmic's jokes" day?

If I rubbed folks here the wrong way, then damn, my bad... wasn't my intention. But I don't get this whole East Coast / West Coast rivalry. Like, how did it all begin and stuff?
I am not laughing at you, I just didn't know what you were talking about that's all, wasn't sure if there was something I was missing lol

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Awesmic was implying that all this coastal rivalry talk was similar to the Capulet/Montague rivalry in Romeo and Juliet.

Don't worry bud. I appreciate a good lit joke.

PhoenixVFIRE

I don't know, I chose East Coast because I'm biased, but I actually think it would be pretty fricking cool to have an East vs West tournament. Like another said, just split the US right down the middle, no regions and make a team :) I'd watch that stream haha, sounds pretty exciting just thinking about it.

DyByHands

East or West?.. I plague both your houses!

Cause its all about Indiana... Nah, I think Im alone here. ;)

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Probably more a East Coast vs Mid-West, with two or three stragglers from the West Coast rooting on for support :p

Doug Nguyen

I represent the West Coast of DoA play(mainly CA...actually...just Cali) but I'd have to say the East Coast has produced a better quality batch of DoA players.

Fill me in here if I'm missing anybody cuz I know I am and correct me if I'm wrong with the placings.

West:
Accurate
Punishere
Vanessa
Renarism
Dr. Dogg
PMS Wedge
CheesusChrist
Me
(Taikou would be on this list)

South:
MASTER
Awesmic

Midwest:
Perfect Legend

East Coast players:
NinjaCW
Julius Rage
Sorwah
VirtuaPai
Iguana Otoshi
Blaze
Undead Zealot
HolyForce(lmfaooo)

Feel free to add yourself to the list

The only way to find out who is actually better is to have a West Coast East Coast team face off!
How about Mystikgunn? She's west coast.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I'm going with Westcoast for the fact that I think we're generally more competitive when it comes to the FGC in general. The only reason we lack in DOA is because we could never take DOA serious enough compare to other fighting game. Now if DOA5 is as successful, and serious as people/it claim/seem to be I bet you'll see the community building up a lot better here.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
The thing I hate about this argument is that the west coast refers to everything from the bottom of CA all the way up to the top of WA. East coast only refers to everything north of DC (MD, DE, PA, NJ, NY, and New England).

What about everything south of DC? States like WV, VA, the Carolinas, GA, and FL are on the eastern seaboard, and are therefore quite literally on the east coast, yet they're considered "The South" and don't count when talking about east coast vs. west coast. It's not really a fair comparison to make considering the west coast is twice the size of the east coast. Knitpicky, but it bothers me.

VirtuaKazama

Standard Donor
News Team
Gotta represent the East Coast. The East Coast is strong in 3D fighters from what I'm hearing on 8WayRun.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD