Ein top 10 moves

Tenryuga

Just to give people an idea on what some of his better moves are. Here is my list in no particular order:

1. :3::P: - 13 frames, deep stun (+30-40!) and a threshold launcher. Love it and abuse it.

2. :2::P: - 13 frames, +1 on hit. Staple pressure move.

3. :P: and :P: strings - 10 frame jab and decent strings to keep people in check.

4. :3::K::K: - This move is unsafe but it's golden. 3K delay K really fucks with people and gets you some nice damage if you connect with it. I love it.

4. :4::6::P: - Safe 12 frame whiff punisher with great range.

5. :4::6::K: - It's a high but it can function as a get in move and a whiff punisher. Also gives +1 on guard.

6. :2::3::6::K: - A nice move to use on wakeup and stationary opponents. It's slow but is +1 on guard.

7. :2::H+K: - +10 on hit. It's a hefty amount of frame advantage and helps open people up.

8. :3::3::H+P: - 66 damage on NH, 99 on HC. Great grab.

9. :6::6::H+P: - This OH is weak but its nice when rushing down because some people like to SS when you bulldoze them or attempt to strike.

10. :1::K: - I use this to do alot of things. I intentionally whiff it during footsies to bait responses from my opponent and I use it to close distance as well as push the threshold. I should probably lay off this move but I love it so much.

Honorable mentions:

:K::K: - This move is GDLK. It causes a bound that leads to a good juggle and you can delay it into oblivion to avoid getting held often.

:8::P: - This is a sidown stun on normal hit which makes it a viable close range whiff punisher since it guarantees a 33K into a juggle. It also gives great damage as a bound.

:H+K: - I like to use this when Ein is at frame advantage or on my opponents wake up because some players like to wake up and SS. It's safe and even has followups. Glorious.

:6::P+K: - Still a viable whiff punisher at 20 frames and a good stun.

:4::K: - Great for keepout. Nice 57+ damage juggles on counter hit.

:2::1::4::K: - I use this as a gap closer since it's safe vs. strikers and clips step. I also use it to punish some whiffs especially if I think people are going to try to sidestep after doing something with small recovery to bait a 46P or 236P from me.

:3::H+P: - This destroys Brad Wong and helps against Christie. The animation is epic too.

:2::3::6::P: - Not a bad alternative to 46P. It's unsafe but fast at 14 frames and hits mid. I use it to punish wakeup kicks which is lovely near a wall because you get full juggles off this and 46P.

Last edited:

JAG THE GEMINI

I really agree with this list.

But an honorable mention for me would be 4P+K. It still gives plus frames on block, decent
backstep ect. And 33K as the main launcher after Ein stunned the opponent.

ScattereDreams

Not in order.

2P - for obvious reasons being +1 on hit, frame traps for his neutral jab or 3p. Really good for getting in or building momentum. 66P+G is a good option for those who know that 2p frame traps.

3K(k) - Has good poking range right outside that starting gate. Getting hit by this grants a immediate mid kick launcher the opponent MUST hold to avoid. It's also fully delaying able as well in case players do attempt to hold.

8P - Terrible as a bound, but if this does land on NH you do get a free 9P launcher or 4K

5KK - One of my favorite new property changes. Ein's most rewarding bound. He gets several follow up's. 5KK ~ WS 5K ~ 66KKK being max damage on lights and super lights for 87 pts of damage. Although if you know you have trouble with execution I wouldn't recommend continuously trying to pull off IWC 5K

214K - A very good move. 2 in 1, first kick tracks, can be used to whiff punish, semi safe, and crushes lows. I however love using this move against both low and mid wake up kicks. Like I stated it crushes lows, in some cases will also beat out mids. In case a mid wake up kick does beat this move out, Ein will be hit out of the air and will take very little damage hence he doesn't lose much. Just not a good option at the end of a round when you're surviving on a slither of health.

7K ~ I use this ONLY to CRUSH lows. It's 3 frames slower than 9k, but it'll go over all lows and launches on NH.

236P and 46P - I put them in the same league. 236P has more knock back range, however the opponent can immediately tech roll. 46P slightly has more reach (literally like by .4m), but this move has a greater chance off wall splatting or knocking your opponent into a dangerzone. Nevertheless both moves are great for zoning and whiff punishing.

6P+K - Not as great as it was in 4.1 sadly, requires much more precision and accuracy when using to whiff punish. However a successful hit grants Ein a stun/launch mix up game.

46K - Guard break at +1 only downside is it lacks the range Hayate has for his 46K. Crushes standing lows, but I'm sure it's best used for whiff punishing at mid range.

236K - Best used to crush lows, or punish whiff counters. Launches on CH and +1 on block.

Two extra's

IWC 5K - Ein's highest and most rewarding launcher. Grants relaunch properties on airborne opponents. I move I'd consider a must learn if you want to maximize combo output

Ein's OH's - The damage of his OH's oddly is considerably weak even on Hi Counter? However, they really do make a difference and especially help against opponents with crouching/evasion/high crush type stances.

Tenryuga

After getting more skilled I have discovered the moves that make this character a beast. Here is my revised Top 10.

1. :4::6::P: - Should be self explanatory but I'll explain anyway. 12 frames, long range, large knockback. It is his best whiff punisher on standing opponents and gives him the opportunity to pick up extra damage from walls and dangerzones.

2.:3::P: - 13 frames. +30 Fastest SE, +40 no SE. This is his best stun and arguably one of the best mid punches in the game with it being safe and having threshold launch properties.

3. :P::K::K: - This is his best string. Once that CH P lands they have to deal with this shit; Which might as well be a 3 in 1 due to how difficult the last K is to hold.

4. :4::P: - This 13 frame high stuns on normal hit and has deceptive range. It has great applications for spacing and whiff punishment especially since the strings lead into must hold situations due to the launchers at the end of them. It also TRACKS.

5. :2::P: - This is +1 on NH and the only reason why Ein can do ok against some characters in close range. It sets him up for those counterhit :P::K::K:'s and :3::P:'s

6.:3::K: - 14 frame mid kick that leads into a fast launcher. One of the best things about this move is that it can be counter hit confirmed. Great tool for spacing.

7. :9::P: - I will admit that I intially thought the only use this move had was high crushing. After my eyes got opened I realized this is a godlike spacing tool because it can keep opponents out and even if you whiff you have the :9::P::K: followup or access your BT attacks to scare your opponent.

8. :1::K: - This move doesn't need to hit anybody when you put it on the screen. It's all around good for space control and keepout because when you put it out they have to respect your :1::K::6::P: at a certain range even if you whiffed :1::K:. It's also nice to push threshold in stun and get launchers out of :1::K::K: or :1::K::P:.

9.:2::H+K: - Sweep with massive range and tracking. On hit it creats alot of space for Ein to back away and resume his zoning.

10.:H+K: - Tracking mid kick with massive range and a low sweep followup that allows potential stun game. You will learn to love this as a spacing and oki tool.

Honorable mentions

:2::3::6::P: - This is up there with :4::6::P: just with less utility. I limit this move to whiff punishment on lows / moves with terrible recovery and interception attempts only.

:K::K:- This is pretty much the same as :P::K::K: only reserved for the stun game and spacing.

Back towards the wall :6::H+P: - This is a great move for Ein because it shifts him from being in a shitty position to being in a great one and possibly even guaranteeing damage for him.

:3::3::H+P: - High damage grab and gives him SPACE. The damage off walls and dangerzones is insane.

:6::6::H+P: / :3::H+P: - His standing OH has use during spacing and his low OH aids him in some MUs. They are valuable tools.
These moves all give good vibrations yo. :ein:

Nishan

are there any new things for DOA5 LR that Ein players should use? I found that sometimes I have a hard time keeping very good players away.

His :2::P: was the only thing I could use to break the attacks but It wasn't enough. In general I find that my reactions aren't adequte. I can never punish with :3::3::H+P: because of my slowness. I can only pull off :6::6::H+P:.

UpSideDownGRUNT

1P.

It's 16f, crushes highs and slip stuns.

I'd reccomend 4P too, 13f, safe and tracks plus 4PP and its follow ups allows to bait for 33T or 2T depending if your opponent holds mid or low.

Bonus tip: 1K is a dangerous force up use it to your advantage, its possible to get a non charged 4P+K on force up also.

Although, I can no longer get this consistent after 1.05

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD